What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me I watch. Sadly too much. I truly wish I hadn't wasted the time and money to go to the Eels game. Stayed at nearby hotel as well so we could have a few drinks to celebrate (not at it turned out).

Moylan like Merrin is clearly suffering from hangover from the Kangaroos tour of the UK. There is no other explanation for there poor form.
Well the whole side is shit so Griffin is the clear answer imo

Port Panther

Juniors
Panthers are dumb enough f**ks to do this and also have Cleary go to Tigers in few years and become even bigger laughing stocks . Stick a fork in em.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ers-land-te-maire-martin-20170424-gvrf93.html

Tigers apparently chasing TMM for this season, and apparently if he agrees to the deal we will let him go because two rookie halves is not working. It says Cartwright will stay at 5/8th for long term if so but surely, surely that would point towards Moylan 5/8th, Edwards FB.

Certainly some big news.

But Cartwright as a long term 5/8?! That's how you know Griffin is mad.

Also it's not just about the two young halves, it's about having too many playmakers.

Certainly some big news.

But Cartwright as a long term 5/8?! That's how you know Griffin is mad.

Also it's not just about the two young halves, it's about having too many playmakers.

100% agree. If this move is about our future Bryce is nowhere near the halves, might as well try Moylan there with the season almost gone. And yes I agree with that, we looked better with Cleary controlling the show and Moylan chiming in.

100% agree. If this move is about our future Bryce is nowhere near the halves, might as well try Moylan there with the season almost gone. And yes I agree with that, we looked better with Cleary controlling the show and Moylan chiming in.

what worries me is you'd only release TMM before you tried Moylan at 5/8 if you never actually saw Moylan as a 5/8. Which gives plausibility to the idea they want Cartwright there long term.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Can understand the logic behind letting TMM go - I agree we have too many playmakers in the team who get in each others way right now - but that is thinking in the short term. In time I think Cleary and TMM would click.

Disappointing to lose such a prodigious talent if this happens. Don't agree that he won't be physical enough, he puts his body on the line and has decent technique and will fill out in time.

Not sure the validity of this as the Tigers apparently have put in a big offer for Josh Reynolds. Tigers also signed Matalino and maybe getting Lolihea. Ivan Cleary hasn't mucked about.

mxlegend99

Referee
If we let TMM go it will undo all the good Gus has done. It would be beyond stupid. Hes earning f**k all here and has shown more than Cleary this year. Not saying hes better but that we shoukdnt let him go.

To the back Cartwright for 5/8... just give us the spoon now

Edit
If Moylan is viewed as a fullback only. I would rather him leave. Edwards at fullback and TMM at 5/8th would be better than Moylan at fullback and Cartwright at 5/8th.

Last edited:
If we let TMM go it will undo all the good Gus has done. It would be beyond stupid. Hes earning f**k all here and has shown more than Cleary this year. Not saying hes better but that we shoukdnt let him go.

To the back Cartwright for 5/8... just give us the spoon now

Edit
If Moylan is viewed as a fullback only. I would rather him leave. Edwards at fullback and TMM at 5/8th would be better than Moylan at fullback and Cartwright at 5/8th.

I agree that TMM has shown a lot in terms of his running game but I am concerned by his lack of a kicking game. I would support the decision if Moylan moves. Depends how long the club expected for TMM to kick on. Seems a bit rich if they expected it to click so soon.

Exsilium

First Grade
I'd rather we gave the Tigers Moylan. Kept our halves, build around them.

If Cartwright is anywhere near the halves long term that'll do me.

Cartwright barely warrants a spot in the forwards. Guy thinks he's playing in the backyard with his mates.

Heres a plan for success:

a) Move Moylan to 5/8 or move him on.
b) Cartwright learns to play as a forward and not this roaming 5/8 plodder OR he can go ply his trade elsewhere.
c) Give the captaincy to someone who will motivate the team.
d) Tell our forwards to aim up, belt the opposition and give our backline some space.

Guaranteed success, any bastard could be coach and win with that plan :D

I'd rather we gave the Tigers Moylan. Kept our halves, build around them.

If Cartwright is anywhere near the halves long term that'll do me.
:D

This club desperately needs to win now, not build around two youngsters. Fans have waited long enough. If we did that we'd likely have 4 youngsters in the spine positions in the very near future.

I've never seen the hype people attached to TMM, sure he looks solid but beyond that it's a hype train. Moylans short passing & vision is the perfect match for Cleary & brings us closer to winning now.

Agreed on Cartwright. If he's Griffins answer for 5/8 we are doomed.

I agree that TMM has shown a lot in terms of his running game but I am concerned by his lack of a kicking game. I would support the decision if Moylan moves. Depends how long the club expected for TMM to kick on. Seems a bit rich if they expected it to click so soon.

Thing is Cleary has a strong running game too.

It does baffle me though that they're now saying they're worried two young halves might not work together. Average joes like me were saying that a year ago.

southland

Juniors
If You guys lose TMM surely Moylan goes to 5/8 for the rest of the season? Don't you guys have like ten young super talented backs who can compete for the fullback spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.