Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by ashton, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billypilgrimnz

billypilgrimnz Bench

I think Gould is more concerned about the rumor giving the impression that his boy Griffin is pissing off someone in the squad already than he is about reassuring us that the mighty Wallace is not moving on.

2. Rowdy Panther

Rowdy Panther Juniors

Very conspiratorial. I think Gus is just trying to kill off rumours as he has in the past because he thinks it's in the best interests of the club. This rumour may or may not eventuate. I think Wallace wants to go. Up to him.

3. Rowdy Panther

Rowdy Panther Juniors

Disagree again. Very smart buy. His role alongside Sowie was a plus. They had a good combination going. Shame injuries hindered his career. The first ACL stuffed him, he never got back to his best.

4. Luke Bowden

Luke Bowden Bench

Where did that come from? A bit left field.

5. billypilgrimnz

billypilgrimnz Bench

Nope. I will never agree with this. I hated the idea when it was announced, and I've hated it every second since.

6. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Coach

So in other words you just refuse to budge on the opinion you formed before you even saw the role we wanted him to play?

We had literally no one near first grade quality once Austin left. In Wallace we signed a solid first grader who would allow Soward to do his thing and that helped Soward find that amazing 2014 form. Since then our options have become a lot better. But in 2014 there was no one close to ready to partnering Soward. The best we had were second rowers at half with him.

7. rhino2009

rhino2009 Juniors

Is Wallace going to sign for Leeds?

8. betcats

betcats Coach

Don't think anyone here nows, so far its just media speculation with the club denying it.

9. billypilgrimnz

billypilgrimnz Bench

You already said yourself we had Austin, so that undermines your argument to begin with ("We had someone better but ditched him, so Wallace was the smart choice!" What?).

And absolutely nothing he has done since he has been here has made me think we would have been any worse off than just playing Isaac John the whole time, and John is not even good.

10. billypilgrimnz

billypilgrimnz Bench

We can only hope.

11. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Coach

Austin was let go before we had Wallace. When we signed Wallace our options were shit and his signing helped bring out the best in Jamie Soward.

I don't think Soward goes near his 2014 form if he starts out with John in the halves.

Rabbitoad likes this.
  12. hindy111

hindy111 Referee

Use where using Austin in the forwards thou.

You can not always chose the best half to come too your club and at the time Wallace was maybe the best option available?

13. The yak

The yak Juniors

Austin was used in the forwards because Cleary didn't know what to do with him. Neither did the Tigers. He got the coach he needed in Ricky Stuart.

Wallace was bought to partner Soward in the halves because all we had was Isaac John.

14. ACTPanthers

ACTPanthers Juniors

Translated

Seriously though, Wallace is here to fill a gap until younger talent ripens - Hopefully it ripens quickly because we want to be in frame for finals this season.

15. Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath Bench

Interesting theory. Gould said Wallace would not leave before the the start of the 2016 season. He didn't say Wallace would stay until his contract expires at the end of 2016 season.
    It still could happen.

16. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Coach

For mine we now have the talent to piss him off already. They might not be developed. But between Moylan and TMM I am confident one of them can do atleast a half decent job from Game #1 in the halves while they develop alongside Jamie Soward. If not then we have seen that Peachey and Cartwright are pretty handy there.

17. murraymob

murraymob First Grade

anyone remember Harry Sejika he was young pushed up to first grade way to early lets not make the same mistake with TMM He has time to develop. He has the talent

18. CCJohnC

CCJohnC Juniors

How old were Alexander and Fitler when they came into first grade?

19. hindy111

hindy111 Referee

When alexander and fitler played most wingers where not 105 kgs and run like the wind.

20. rhino2009

rhino2009 Juniors

Thanks. I guess we'll have to wait and see but does Wallace want out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.