What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

murraymob

Coach
I dont think thats completley true.Johnson is under contract so penrith can only express a interest to the warriors and i believe they where told he would not be released.

As for wallace a offer was made and he wanted more and was in no hurry the give penrith a answer either way .That was when the offer was pulled nothing to do with Johnson.And i doubt when he is off contract you will get him for 600k anyway

Kilkenny

Coach
According to Matt Elliot on big sports breakfast this morning Shaun Johnson is contract to the Warriors for 2014 & 2015 and ain't going anywhere. Sounded very convincing. I wouldn't think we are any hope of securing his signature and neither will anyone else. Need to look elsewhere.

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
I think Johnson is the best halfback in comp. At 23 will get better we need Cleary, Brown, Whare & Taylor to get in his ear at the World Cup.
Love it. I hope he is still rifting with Elliot. He is the best in the game and under the radar abit cos he is playing for warriors, so much speed to burn. On the other hand we have Soward who is getting booed and is spitting towards the crowd.

franklin2323

Immortal
According to Matt Elliot on big sports breakfast this morning Shaun Johnson is contract to the Warriors for 2014 & 2015 and ain't going anywhere. Sounded very convincing. I wouldn't think we are any hope of securing his signature and neither will anyone else. Need to look elsewhere.

Did he mention Tomkins? How will they keep him if we give a huge offer? Nov 1 we can make the play. No word on if Johnson still hates Elliott also which is another spanner in the works. I don't think we will get him though stranger things have happened

murraymob

Coach
Did he mention Tomkins? How will they keep him if we give a huge offer? Nov 1 we can make the play. No word on if Johnson still hates Elliott also which is another spanner in the works. I don't think we will get him though stranger things have happened

how can they keep him for now easy he is under contract

Steve05

Juniors
With Henry getting tapped on the shoulder, is it worth finding out if JT has a get out clause?

Just a thought.

chahrour123

Juniors
Today's Tele reports we are targeting Shaun Johnson for 2015. The paper reckons they are
assured Johnson is the player Gus really wants........here's hoping they are right!!!!

I would go all out for shaun johnson, their is no way we can go for the likes of carney and thurston after we signed soward and not go for johnson when he is available. Offer shaun johnson more if the warriors somehow match our offer his def the next benji marshall

shiznit

Coach
The warriors will be able to offer more than Penrith... Even with Tomkins... They are waaay under the cap.

Then factor in increases in the cap over the next couple seasons and then the review to the cap... Which they were looking heavily at a dispensation for local juniors.

If Shaun Johnson is happy to stay at the Warriors no one will match them.

His next contract from the warriors will be around 700k... Then he will be looking at 3rd party deals well over 500K.

If he stays in NZ he will be on the same level as elite all blacks. He's gonna be the face of the game in NZ.

Rugby Union will be the only chance I could see him leaving the warriors.

shiznit

Coach
I've been saying for awhile the bloke I reckon the warriors may struggle to keep is Ben Matulino.

They will prioritise Johnson as a keep at all costs... Even if there's a problem between Elliot and Johnson... They would sack Elliot before they let Johnson go.

I dont know if the warriors will have enough left to offer Matulino what he's truly worth.

Kilkenny

Coach
Tomkins will play in the seven, Johnson at six leaving Locke in the number 1 that is the Warriors plan. Gould tried but it is third time unlucky and will not happen. Have to move to plan C.

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
and what about chad Townsend ? why would the warriors sign him if they have halfs sorted out. Townsend wouldn't want to be behind 2 guys again. Elliot saying he is contract for 2015 is rubbish and smells like BS. Also Clearly being a NZ assistant could help Johnson and him reunite with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts