What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiznit

Coach
Also this was re-tweeted by Kevin Locke today..

@NZWarriors: @hardoutwarrior @RLW_Mole @zerotackle Have said this before, say it again @kevinlocke01 is contracted to @NZWarriors next year #JustTheFacts

So while I don't doubt that he could be talking to other clubs... Really he should if Tomkins us going there.

It does confirm he's not off contract at the end of the season

murraymob

Coach
you could keep locke for half the asking price of tomkins not hard to work who they should be pushing to sign

Tryhard

Juniors
How about Coote? Tele says he is due back this week or next & thought they may be rushing him back to put him on show for the SHOP (chop)?

Iafeta

Referee

meek

Juniors
I thought the same thing when the broncos made it obvious he wasnt wanted .
God i hope not - what an overated shite player - a few weeks back even MMM guys said he was too slow and really only at best now a hooker.

if we get him back that will do me

Makes even Walsh IMO look like a superstar at least Walsh plays one good game in 5 -

Wallace offers absolutely nothing - Zilch - cannot for the life of me remember last time he even played an okay game .......says everything

Panthers NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:

Puntastic

Juniors
I cant see Wallace being a viable long term option.

Signing him would be a temporary measure, and I cant fathom why Gould would be behind this. He acknowledged that there were going to be temporary journeymen players for a time but...

I'm still yet to hear any confirmation that Penrith were after his signature last time this rumour arose, and it seems only natural that it comes about again now so I'm not worried just yet.

Though Kingston's 1 year extension feels much the same to me.

Signing Wallace at this point communicates a lack of faith in our junior halves also (though I would have been happy with a younger signing like Williams simply because of the long term viability).

Time will tell. Hopefully we persist with finding a long term option.

Big Mick

Referee
Unless we sign of Cooper Cronk, Daly Cherry-Evans, Jonathan Thurston, Shaun Johnson or Adam Reynolds people are going to be bagging out whatever signing it is...so I couldn't care less at this point.

If it makes the team better, fine...but if not then I'll criticize once I see the product on the field.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'll criticize once I see the product on the field.

:lol::lol: more chance of Parra winning the comp then you criticise Panthers.

Anyway on to the topic. Cast offs wont win us the comp especially casts offs to never win anything.

Broncos below us yet don't want him has too tell us something. If he was early 20's and behind someone better maybe.

meek

Juniors
Unless we sign of Cooper Cronk, Daly Cherry-Evans, Jonathan Thurston, Shaun Johnson or Adam Reynolds people are going to be bagging out whatever signing it is...so I couldn't care less at this point.

If it makes the team better, fine...but if not then I'll criticize once I see the product on the field.

I reckon us suporters have a right to bag a potential signing we deem to be shite on his performance's with the bronocs
if we all covered every rumour with fairy dust it would be quite a boring forum.

I stand by what i said - more knowledgebale people than me have said he's shite .

franklin2323

Immortal
I reckon us suporters have a right to bag a potential signing we deem to be shite on his performance's with the bronocs
if we all covered every rumour with fairy dust it would be quite a boring forum.

I stand by what i said - more knowledgebale people than me have said he's shite .

Exactly. For the record aside from Kite and re-signing Kingston we have recruited well. Still have some holes but not a bad player in the squad

franklin2323

Immortal
:lol::lol: Soward will be fine. Much better then the drunk gambler Parra are paying $550k for. He's an easy target cause he's a d!ck but Dragons are no better then they were with him.

ACTPanthers

Bench
There's a lot of faith in a half that was dropped from a struggling Dragons side - Soward hasnt been half the player he was in recent years

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Soward wasnt the problem at Dragons. Nor was his form as bad as people have made out. The coach is useless and so were half the players around Soward. He was playing behind a soft forward pack, with a hooker playing halfback and awful centres on bith sides of the field. Before Dugan they had an average fullback too.

Give him a strong forward pack, a competent partner in the halves, gun hooker and fullback with spark and ball playing skills and decent centres. Suddenly he looks like the star he was in 2009/2010. He isn't a freak like Joey or Thurston with the ability to make anyone look like a star. But with a decent coach, game plans and quality around him he will be the half we have longed for since Gower and Presto left.

Status
Not open for further replies.