What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

abpanther

Staff member
Just thought rather than having numerous threads discussing signings, rumours, etc, lets keep it all here.

Instead, they're now facing some stiff competition from NSW Cup rivals Windsor Wolves for the colourful mantle.

Penrith's lower-grade partner this week signed ex-Rabbitohs speedster Junior Vaivai, who was released from Redfern after being convicted of assaulting his girlfriend last month. Vaivai had signed with the Eels for 2012 before the criminal matter was raised, and it remains to be seen whether that deal will be honoured.

The Wolves are also close to snapping up Tom Humble and Kurt Foggo, who both served ASADA bans after unwittingly ingesting workout aids they thought were legal.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/shannons-sing-along-fires-blues/story-e6freye0-1226072711640

natheel

Coach
As a parra fan I'd hate to lose humble. Very good talent and played well in a handful of games last season.

Was probably one of our choices for the halves but a ban prevented that. I hope he staysnwith us though

The Joker

Juniors
I agree. I've watched Humble play since he was running around for the Pride in the Qld Cup. He's too good to be running around in reserves.

franklin2323

Immortal
Foggo played off the bench today so i guess he is signed. According to the radio guy I was speaking to Seijka re-signed & Vaivai is a Gould signing

abpanther

Staff member
How very exciting.

Seriously I hope he's nothing more than depth, will be very disappointed if he starts next season

Didgi

Rugby League Week
Nathan Smith and Nigel Plum have re-signed with the Penrith Panthers for a further two years. #NRL

abpanther

Staff member
Gee I can't really say I'm terribly excited about any of those re-signings.

*sigh*

hindy111

Post Whore
Toupo would be handy
I dont think penrith have to worry to much about the backline-Not sure where Blair would fit in or how much he would improve the team
1Coote
2Earl/vai vai
3Jennings
4Gordon
5Simmons/tighe

The hooking positions looks ok and if use can find or develop a 5/8 than burns is another option at hooker.

The areas Penrith are thin are- 5/8 second row and front row ( now that petro's gone) Im not sure what juniors use have in the forwards that can step up but with mckendry and grant and lewis and smith its a good start to the pack...
If seijka can step up there is another problem area solved and its just a few forwards to finish off the pack-The bes thing is forwards are the easiest position to find/fill

franklin2323

Immortal
spot on Hindy. Even outsiders know where we are thin. Hopefully management id trying to fix that. It's not like we need flashy props. Grant & McKendry are outstanding, Weston is coming along. Just need 2 more to come in.

We have signed:
Coote, Earl, Jennings, Gordon, Tighe, Vaivai, Mansour, Simmons, Burns, Walsh, Grant, Kingston, McKendry, Smith, Plum, Seluini, Weston, Fatiaki. So we need a good 10 spots filled.

AB129*

Juniors
You guys just need a five-eighth and an edge backrower or two. You were linked to Aiden Guerra- he would be a solid buy. Tony Williams would be a good impact option.

As for 5/8th, how's your U20s bloke coming along? He absolutely tore the Sharks NYC a new one early in the year and there's at least five future NRL players in that team.

As for props, buy back the farm- pick up Siosaia Vave from us and Tinirau Arona from the Roosters.

With guns in the front row, lock, centres and quality in the 9, 7 and 1 you're not far away.

franklin2323

Immortal
any nyc or NSW Cup 6's on the market? 1 of them. We should make a play for Greg Bird for the backrow. A couple of props & we look handy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts