What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisD

Coach
I wouldn't mind a Williams signing depending on the length of the contract, a 2 year deal would be ideal.

For next year or when he's off contract? If it's next year that'd be awesome, even if we have to pay some of his wage. We should be all over that trying to get it done before Henry gets the ass.

Off the books next year doesn't get us much though.

He's only got one year left on his contract. Who else is left to sign with his money?

But if he has a better shot at FG we shouldn't stand in his way.

chrisD

Coach
Front load contracts, mid-season signings, it's just wasted in Coote as far as I'm concerned. I'd also rather him out of the way of Foster, Peachey and Evans. I expect he'll be picked somewhere in the first 17 next season, and I think we're stronger without him.

Last edited:
Front load contracts, mid-season signings, it's just wasted in Coote as far as I'm concerned. I'd also rather him out of the way of Foster, Peachey and Evans. I expect he'll be picked somewhere in the first 17 next season, and I think we're stronger without him.

Yeah , fair point.

Although I'm not sure there will be any mid season signings that his type of money could effect.

I think we'd still be under the cap by a little for next year anyway aren't we?

Interestingly , sam Williams contract at the dragons is one year with an option for another.

Its going to be a three cornered contest for Shaun Johnsons signature.

chrisD

Coach
The only slight chance of Johnson ever leaving was ME turning the joint into a basket case, and ME is running well behind schedule on that front.

Kilkenny

Coach
There is lot's of mail around to suggest the Warriors have acquired Sam Tomkins with the intention of him playing number 7. As recently as yesterday there was talk in English press of him playing half for England during the up coming world cup. Not sure where Tomkins playing number 7 leaves Shaun Johnson? Not sure where the recent rumours of Coote to North Qld leaves us other than perhaps the Panthers may still be in the hunt for Johnson. Regardless of the Shaun Johnson situation the Coote move to North Qld would probably be a good move for all parties.

chrisD

Coach
If Tomkins plays 7 (doubtful) it leaves Johnson in 6 where he really belongs. Coote leaving leaves us with John -> Peachey -> Evans in the short term while Evans firms. Evans being NRL standard by 2015 is a far safer bet than us snagging Johnson.

They may also be considering Moylan in the halves, but I doubt it personally given they were trying to push him out the door a few months ago.

Last edited:
If Tomkins plays 7 (doubtful) it leaves Johnson in 6 where he really belongs. Coote leaving leaves us with John -> Peachey -> Evans in the short term while Evans firms. Evans being NRL standard by 2015 is a far safer bet than us snagging Johnson.

They may also be considering Moylan in the halves, but I doubt it personally given they were trying to push him out the door a few months ago.

It may be a more likely bet , but not safer. Because making a play at Johnson won't hurt Evans chances of playing FG unless we get Johnson.

chrisD

Coach
Perhaps so, I was more thinking about setting aside the pennies and the team planning involved with chasing Johnson. I don't know how flexible the situation is and what it'd cost us if we were to go hard at Johnson and miss, but if it's me I'm thinking our other half in 2015 is one of Evans, John, Moylan or Peachey, and am planning the rest of the team/cap accordingly.

mxlegend99

Referee
Kingy has been playing well still, but I would hope we don't re-sign him. We are well and truly covered at hooker with Segeyaro, Brown, Taylor, Foster, Moseley etc. all being able to fill in.

Segeyaro plays 60 minutes. WIth Brown or Taylor being his fill in while off the field. If Segeyaro is injured, we bring in Foster or Moseley IMO. I think keeping Kingston around will hold us back at hooker/utility. I would love to see Foster force his way into first grade next season. I think he could be very similar to Josh Reynolds for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.