What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Depends if Coote is moved on but I would still assume he is going right now.

I can't see anyone picking up his huge contract. So we should keep him.

If we want a Kingston role Brown. If we want to start Seg then Coote or Peachey. Hell at a push Taylor.

We have plenty of quality in the backrow we should play as many as possible.

I can't see anyone picking up his huge contract. So we should keep him.

If we want a Kingston role Brown. If we want to start Seg then Coote or Peachey. Hell at a push Taylor.

We have plenty of quality in the backrow we should play as many as possible.

He's on 400k right ?

I could easily see another club taking on 250k of that.

It would only make sense for us though of there's something productive we could do with the money.

maple_69

Bench
I guess a lot of people forget he was one of our best for a number of years at fullback.
Understand his limitations but he would be a solid option and improvement for a few clubs out there. If the right coach comes along and utilises his playmaking skills from fullback he could become a very handy pickup.

franklin2323

Immortal
So clubs still think he is a fullback?

We didn't use him to his skill level. He has better ball skills then Moylan, just as safe only issue is his speed. No reason he couldn't of been creating like Moylan does now.

That was more the disappoint part of the last 5 years or so. Coote & Lewis weren't being used as ball players enough.

maple_69

Bench
We didn't use him to his skill level. He has better ball skills then Moylan, just as safe only issue is his speed. No reason he couldn't of been creating like Moylan does now.

That was more the disappoint part of the last 5 years or so. Coote & Lewis weren't being used as ball players enough.

I'd argue Lewis actually did a bit too much ball playing. He is at his best running attacking lines and occasionally popping up to link a play. Agree on Coote though. He was only used as a ball playing fullback and a kicking option shortly after Cleary came on board.

chrisD

Coach
I don't think he was as god as Moylan slotting into the backline, catching and passing, which is primarily how a fb is used now. Wasn't smooth, didn't have as sure a ball on him. Was lethal hunting a contested ball.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't think he was as god as Moylan slotting into the backline, catching and passing, which is primarily how a fb is used now. Wasn't smooth, didn't have as sure a ball on him. Was lethal hunting a contested ball.

The question is why wasn't he? He has the ball skills probably more so then Moylan. As a fb Gordon was better though I prefered Coote to add the extra playmaking skills he didn't and why he finds himself not in our top 17 for next year

chrisD

Coach
I think he's a particularly weak passer of the ball. He could flick a ball out the back and shovel it back in traffic and maybe even pop it up ok, but conventional passing, hitting a bloke traveling at speed 10m away on the chest seemed beyond him, well not beyond him, it just came out ugly and stilted our play.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
As much as I love Coote, I think we should let him go, 400 grand a season (if that figure is true) is way too much for a player who is not likely to be in our top 17.

franklin2323

Immortal
As much as I love Coote, I think we should let him go, 400 grand a season (if that figure is true) is way too much for a player who is not likely to be in our top 17.

Yeah but if Soward or John get a major injury??

I would be for it if we can spend that 400k on a couple of depth players this late we wont get quality so should keep him

soc123_au

Staff member
I agree we should keep him. He should be fighting it out with John for the number 6. He still could be anything if he can avoid injury.

murraymob

First Grade
assuming soward has the 5/8 position then we look at who is better suited at half john or coote.Coote is a far betting attacking player but misses a lot of tackles a game.John is a plodder in attack is a better defender .Horses for courses i guess .I prefer coote

Luke Bowden

First Grade
assuming soward has the 5/8 position then we look at who is better suited at half john or coote.Coote is a far betting attacking player but misses a lot of tackles a game.John is a plodder in attack is a better defender .Horses for courses i guess .I prefer coote

Soward will play 7. No doubt about it.

franklin2323

Immortal

If you play Coote. Soward is 7.

Apparently we will offer up to 600k for Shaun Johnson.

"Were perpared to offer ". Past tense.

http://www.nospam9/nrl/shaun-johnson-set-for-pay-rise-10405/

The New Zealand Warriors won?t be releasing classy halfback Shaun Johnson to the Penrith Panthers any time soon but Ivan Cleary?s interest in the talented number seven is certain to earn him a pay rise.
The Panthers were prepared to offer Johnson up to $600,000 to come on board ? and that?s more than three times what Johnson is on at the Warriors. As a result, the Kiwi club will be giving the youngster a pay rise soon ? or risk having a very disgruntled playmaker calling the shots!
Still on the Warriors and the club is getting closer to finally announcing the signing of English superstar Sam Tomkins. The brilliant fullback has agreed to terms but there is a hold-up with the Warriors and Wigan still negotiating a release fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts