What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djay

Juniors
I spoke to a friend today who is a die-hard Roosters fan and he said that Brad Murray is a gun and the only reason he is not playing FG is because Mitchell Pearce is at the Roosters.

boxhead

First Grade
I spoke to a friend today who is a die-hard Roosters fan and he said that Brad Murray is a gun and the only reason he is not playing FG is because Mitchell Pearce is at the Roosters.

Yeah, I've seen Brad Murray play and I perfectly agree with your friend.
I've got massive raps on the kid, he is brilliant. iirc he was the Dally M NYC player of the year last year, and is the favourite to win it this year too.
If we don't get a marquee half, we can always tutor him with Sterlo and test him out next year and see how he does. I reckon he would be able to handle first grade; pair him with Morts (or Robbo because he would calm him, but Morts because the pair would be dynamic) and we have got ourselves a halves combination for the future.

Forty20

First Grade

One of the young builders doing renovations where I work plays wing for the Sharkies NYC team (Daniel Perkins) and I had a good chat to him today. He had good wraps on Murray. Didn't play his best game against them last week but beyond that has had a great season.

parra pete

Referee
One of the young builders doing renovations where I work plays wing for the Sharkies NYC team (Daniel Perkins) and I had a good chat to him today. He had good wraps on Murray. Didn't play his best game against them last week but beyond that has had a great season.

Ask him if he thinks Murray is better than Chad Townsend....

Forty20

First Grade
Ask him if he thinks Murray is better than Chad Townsend....

Hah, I was thinking of you pete when I was talking of him and was actually going to ask him about Chad until I was interrupted by the discovery of a colossal c**k up in the renovation plans (like any important plan I 'spose). Perkins is a good kid though and I'll be back at work on Monday so be sure wait with baited breath...;-)

boxhead

First Grade
So Parra fans with Knights sources say Justin Horo is likely gone, but Knights fans with Knights sources say Justin Horo is likely to stay (as well as the media). :?
We had better not lose him, we will be the absolute joke of the league if that happens, unless we have a 'plan' to buy someone like Willie Mason....

So I looked at signings we could get, and here's what I thought of (if we lose Horo-god forbid);
-Reni Maitua
-Willie Mason
-Quade Cooper (if not maybe risk Brad Murray in the halves or get someone else?)

So....
1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Luke Burt 3. Joel Reddy 4. Timana Tahu 5. Eric Grothe Jnr (or Ken Sio) 6. Daniel Mortimer 7. Quade Cooper 8. Tim Mannah 9. Matt Keating 10. Fui Fui Moi Moi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh 12. Ben Smith 13. Reni Maitua 14. Anthony Mitchell/Tom Humble/Jeff Robson 15. Willie Mason 16. Shane Shackleton 17. Justin Poore

You know, really, when I look at our current team and then look at this team, I think to myself; if we think we should be winning premierships with this possible team, why the hell aren't we doing well with our current team!? And no, it is not the halves, it is our inconsistency. Last year proves we don't need any more big-name signings to play well.

If we seriously lose Justin Horo.....the signing plans Anderson has had better pay off and be good, or I think lots of Eels members will vow to kick 3P out....

cv8z

Juniors
So Parra fans with Knights sources say Justin Horo is likely gone, but Knights fans with Knights sources say Justin Horo is likely to stay (as well as the media). :?
We had better not lose him, we will be the absolute joke of the league if that happens, unless we have a 'plan' to buy someone like Willie Mason....

So I looked at signings we could get, and here's what I thought of (if we lose Horo-god forbid);
-Reni Maitua
-Willie Mason
-Quade Cooper (if not maybe risk Brad Murray in the halves or get someone else?)

So....
1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Luke Burt 3. Joel Reddy 4. Timana Tahu 5. Eric Grothe Jnr (or Ken Sio) 6. Daniel Mortimer 7. Quade Cooper 8. Tim Mannah 9. Matt Keating 10. Fui Fui Moi Moi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh 12. Ben Smith 13. Reni Maitua 14. Anthony Mitchell/Tom Humble/Jeff Robson 15. Willie Mason 16. Shane Shackleton 17. Justin Poore

You know, really, when I look at our current team and then look at this team, I think to myself; if we think we should be winning premierships with this possible team, why the hell aren't we doing well with our current team!? And no, it is not the halves, it is our inconsistency. Last year proves we don't need any more big-name signings to play well.

If we seriously lose Justin Horo.....the signing plans Anderson has had better pay off and be good, or I think lots of Eels members will vow to kick 3P out....
Its got nothing to do with 3P they sign the cheques. Ozzy and or Ando/Reddy do the scouting. The board only make sure they can afford it,, If knights have offered overs then good luck to him,, he's a good player but not irreplaceable should that be the case. As you pointed out, we should have a fair team next year without him.
If this Murray is that good a prospect then maybe they should go for a short term half on his last legs and save the $$ offered to QC and see is he steps up

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just on Horo...I'm told that we're still very confident of re-signing him..

The sun herald reports that we could annnounce the signings of Reni Maitua and Carl Webb next week.

scottyeel

Bench
Carl Webb???
Maybe a change might be good for him but we would have been better off trying to persuade Caylo to play another year.

strider

Post Whore
they probably won't be big money - but i am finding it hard to get too excited if our major recruits for next year will be 2 guys of questionable character and commitment to their footy .... they may well pan out ok initially if they have something to prove, but i'd be counting the days until they revert back to their poor ways :?

Stagger eel

Staff member
they probably won't be big money - but i am finding it hard to get too excited if our major recruits for next year will be 2 guys of questionable character and commitment to their footy .... they may well pan out ok initially if they have something to prove, but i'd be counting the days until they revert back to their poor ways :?

look, you've got to also consider that these guys are also playing for their footballing lives, especially Maitua, they will want to prove a lot of people wrong and are in desperate need of a change in scenery...

look at Manlys side, they have Gulavao, Shane Rodney and Josh Perry who were all teetering to the back end of the career before they signed with them and have now found a new lease of life and no one questions their recruitment policy..

gustarny

Juniors
Webb is a tank he will benefit greatly from a new club and atmosphere and i think he is 29 still got a lot to offer in my opinion and i dare say wont cost a lot either,

hindy111

Post Whore
Shacks will take cayless spot...
I think lassalo le temari and Onhaolan are possible first graders for next year off the bench or as back up options but we probably do need 1-2 more incase of an injury and if we could get them cheap and get the best out of them why not but i wouldnt be offereing to much coin.........

hineyrulz

Post Whore
so you know how much he'll be getting if he comes Hiney?? it's a bit premature to call him a cap eating lump don't you think?
True, he shouldn't be a cap eating lump at Parra because we should offer the lazy turd SFA. I have a terrible feeling we will offer this lazy waste of talent overs because we seem to be getting desperate. Ask Cowboys fans what they think of his last few seasons for them on massive money. Bennett was right about this bloke all those years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts