What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
True, he shouldn't be a cap eating lump at Parra because we should offer the lazy turd SFA. I have a terrible feeling we will offer this lazy waste of talent overs because we seem to be getting desperate. Ask Cowboys fans what they think of his last few seasons for them on massive money. Bennett was right about this bloke all those years ago.

true, but we're not the only club to get a journey man out of the wilderness and I have enough faith in our training staff to know what their doing it's certainly not a foregone conclusion that he may be revelation.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Maitua and Webb both have the talent. I think that, playing for their footballing lives at a fresh club like Staggs said, they could be good.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
true, but we're not the only club to get a journey man out of the wilderness and I have enough faith in our training staff to know what their doing it's certainly not a foregone conclusion that he may be revelation.
The talent is there, no doubt about that. It's just i wouldn't be offering to much as he is in late 20's who has been woeful for the last few yrs. Much prefer to keep a hungry young bloke like Horo.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The talent is there, no doubt about that. It's just i wouldn't be offering to much as he is in late 20's who has been woeful for the last few yrs. Much prefer to keep a hungry young bloke like Horo.

but who says we are??

just remember the club are still banking on spending up to 600K on one player.

boxhead

First Grade
That's good news about Horo Stags, and also that we may announce signings of Carl Webb and Reni Maitua next week....well if we do sign them, I'll be happy; you give them both the right trainers and coach, and they can be brilliant.
I would be happy with those two; Carl Webb as a bench prop, Shacks being a bench back-rower, Maitua being our lock.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Fair enough, it paid off with a bloke like Smoking Joe but their attitudes are chalk and cheese.

well look at other clubs...

Matt Hilder and Zeb Taia - Newcastle
Matt White - Gold Coast
Daniel Conn - Roosters
Steve Michaels - Gold Coast
Brown - Wests tigers.

there's plenty of them and I've only touchd the surface, those have players have stood up since they've had a change of clubs, I don't understand how we're so anti signing of experianced players who need a change in their careers

hineyrulz

Post Whore
well look at other clubs...

Matt Hilder and Zeb Taia - Newcastle
Matt White - Gold Coast
Daniel Conn - Roosters
Steve Michaels - Gold Coast
Brown - Wests tigers.

there's plenty of them and I've only touchd the surface, those have players have stood up since they've had a change of clubs, I don't understand how we're so anti signing of experianced players who need a change in their careers
True, but most of those guys aren't 10 year NRL players, hopefully if we do sign Webb he makes a fool of me. Mind you it's nothing unusual :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
True, but most of those guys aren't 10 year NRL players, hopefully if we do sign Webb he makes a fool of me. Mind you it's nothing unusual :lol:

well that's not the point...ok then what about Willie Masan who's currently playing like a 22 year old after about 3 or 4 years in the wildreness.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
well that's not the point...ok then what about Willie Masan who's currently playing like a 22 year old after about 3 or 4 years in the wildreness.
Masons form had a lot to with his Knee recon, but i do take you're point. Masons form has been fantastic this year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
a couple for the rumour file..

I just rec'd word that Horo is infact staying...this is coming from someone very close to Justin.

I'm also hearing that the Cronk situation is not yet dead.

lewiscook

Juniors
I just rec'd word that Horo is infact staying...this is coming from someone very close to Justin.

The Cronk situation isn't dead yet but it is on life support.
I wonder what is keeping the whole cronk situatuon going and whether its got anything to do with the inglis and Broncos situation atm?

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Cronk situation isn't dead yet but it is on life support.
I wonder what is keeping the whole cronk situatuon going and whether its got anything to do with the inglis and Broncos situation atm?

mate if you reeeaaallyy think hard about it you may be able to work it out.

and no, it has nothing to do with Inglis..

caylo

Bench
a couple for the rumour file..

Yer next year we will have Cooper and Cronk in the havles, a reguivinated Maitua and Webb plus Ferguson outwide, kimmorley to play hooker.
Ive also heard that Lyon is sick of Manly and wants to come back to Parra, a source from close to him saids he has complained about city life.

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

boxhead

First Grade
I hate to break it to you but Cronk ain't coming.

Dude Stagger knows way more than most of us do; if he says so he has obviously been tipped off by an inside source.

Good news that Justin Horo is staying!
And on the Cronk thing.....that's strange.
Just a question Stagger when you said you can figure it out if you think about it long and hard, do you mean because he isn't happy at Storm or does this have to do with that Stephen Kearny stuff...

Stagger eel

Staff member
I hate to break it to you but Cronk ain't coming.

I never said he was..

Doubling his pay packet

we can triple it or quadripple it it wouldn't make any difference.

Dude Stagger knows way more than most of us do; if he says so he has obviously been tipped off by an inside source.

Good news that Justin Horo is staying!
And on the Cronk thing.....that's strange.
Just a question Stagger when you said you can figure it out if you think about it long and hard, do you mean because he isn't happy at Storm or does this have to do with that Stephen Kearny stuff...

no mate, he's under contract with the storm, the storm won't release him Parra themselves are no longer persuing him..but that doesn't mean CC isn't continually asking for a release..

but I know what CC himself would like do..

AlexTheEel

Juniors
I never said he was..

we can triple it or quadripple it it wouldn't make any difference.

no mate, he's under contract with the storm, the storm won't release him Parra themselves are no longer persuing him..but that doesn't mean CC isn't continually asking for a release..

but I know what CC himself would like do..

That was exactly my point. You mentioned the fact that its not hard to realise why its still not dead and I said because we will double his pay packet. Obviouslly Cronk can earn a sh*t load more if he comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.