What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfoord

Juniors
I don't think Brisbane are too fussed about Roberts right now. The have offered him $250k apparently.

I'd say your right... A 250k offer doesn't suggest the Broncos are desperate to get his signature.

More that they are reasonably happy with what they have, but getting Roberts will be a bonus

bfoord

Juniors
Phil Gould has said on twitter that Roberts has confirmed his future ...

He doesn't state his destination though

DiegoNT

First Grade
Typical Gould, pretending to know something.

The bloke has forgetten more about rugby league then you'd ever hope to know.
The rumour circulating around the souths rumoursphere is that he met with the club today, has signed with them but there is a 24 hour cooling off window for him to have a think about it and get advice so souths can't officially announce his signing just yet

alien

Referee
Even if that was all true there's now way Walker would have been on anything close to what Roberts wants.

He signed his last contract in 2013 which was his rookie year, he wouldn't have been on more then $200-$250k. Roberts wants around $500k from what's being reported.

yeah walker was on $250,000 for 2016

The freeing up off walker allowed souths to have a crack at roberts, never said it was enough to sign Roberts. It's at least equal to the supposed $300, 000 broncos are reportedly offering roberts.

broncos are offering roberts $250,000

Tommy Smith

Referee
That would be ideal as plenty of people have been saying its going to be Sammy boy as if some how in a little over a year he would have forgotten how to play league.
I haven't hesrd anyone say that.

Sam is the best forward in the game by a considerable margin. I think most people would agree.

unbreaK

Juniors
The bloke has forgetten more about rugby league then you'd ever hope to know.
The rumour circulating around the souths rumoursphere is that he met with the club today, has signed with them but there is a 24 hour cooling off window for him to have a think about it and get advice so souths can't officially announce his signing just yet

24 hour cooling off window? LMAO, do Souths fans just make shit up as they go? It's a 10 day cooling off period.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I'm a souths fan but i don't think he is the best forward by a considerable margin. I think that he belongs in the top bracket of middle forwards along with Graham, Scott, JWH, Bromwich with taumololo fast joining that group. Whoever is the best forward in the game depends on who out of that group is currently in the best form. By the end of 2014 he was in the best form out of the lot of them (with graham not far behind) but in 2015 it was JWH (before his injury) and matt scott

unbreaK

Juniors
10 day cooling off period to stop a deal being announced?

I'm saying the only cooling off period in the NRL is the 10 day period they introduced last year to get rid of the Round 13 rule, there's no such thing as a 24 hour cooling off period, that's something that was just made up.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I'm saying the only cooling off period in the NRL is the 10 day period they introduced last year to get rid of the Round 13 rule, there's no such thing as a 24 hour cooling off period, that's something that was just made up.

Like i said it was just what the rumours on twitter are
Could be that his agreed, but souths have given him overnight to think about it before he officially signs.
Could be that he has agreed in principle but is waiting in confirmation on the tpa's
This is a rumour page.
If you believe that a player will sign for ridiculously under his market value for a 'chance to play under wayne benett and win a premierships' (like theirs no possibility that souths or dragons could challenge for a premiership over the next few years, or that broncos are guaranteed grand finalists next year) then you should be able to believe anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts