What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

POPEYE

Coach
Benny's just trying to regain the 'Best Coach' status which will only again happen in front of a mirror, whatever good comes of a Benji revival will be fleeting. Methinks Benny may have a junior in mind and he may occasionally holler for a Marshall

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Seeing benji step back to the other side that aren't in position to do anything and than try to invent something which ends in a no look pass over the touch judges head to lose the game for Brisbane would make my pants feel funny

matrightyeh

Juniors
Seeing benji step back to the other side that aren't in position to do anything and than try to invent something which ends in a no look pass over the touch judges head to lose the game for Brisbane would make my pants feel funny
lol i hear ya
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well....he's the same..type of player I don't get it....they need a Cronk...a Foran....Marshall isn't going to do anything that Milford and Hunt don't already.

Marshall might not drop a kickoff though, that's a start!

I rate Marshall's kicking game sometimes, i is one area we have struggled in.

chigurh

I don't think it's an awful signing for the Broncos. I'm sure they'd rather be able to give Benji's min wage contract to a rookie/junior, but they've let Ash Taylor and Nicholls go in recent times so there probably just isn't one. So rather than keeping the cap space saved up for 2017 and having no half backup, adding someone to cover for Hunt and Milford and Nikorima is the right call.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I don't think it's an awful signing for the Broncos. I'm sure they'd rather be able to give Benji's min wage contract to a rookie/junior, but they've let Ash Taylor and Nicholls go in recent times so there probably just isn't one. So rather than keeping the cap space saved up for 2017 and having no half backup, adding someone to cover for Hunt and Milford and Nikorima is the right call.

Lol

If he signed for any other club you lot would be laughing at them.

Shithouse signing no matter which way you spin it.

chigurh

Lol

If he signed for any other club you lot would be laughing at them.

Shithouse signing no matter which way you spin it.

Well no I wouldn't.

If any other club had cap space and no backup for their halves heading into the 2017 season, I couldn't blame them for signing someone like Benji as cover. I think it's a better option than having cap space floating around and no one to call on if a half goes down/plays origin.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
That is a good point re: Brisbanes lack of back up halves

Its more of a mystery as to why Benji would choose to be a lower grader though. He is signing with a club who has no FG position for him barring an injury/rep selection. Not the way a once international level player would want to finish their career

Charlie124

First Grade
The talk on the radio this morning was that he was more likely to be playing centre than in he halves.... I guess Mead replaced Maranta, Moga replaced Reed (if he can go 5min without getting injured) and there might be plans to move Oates off the wing and into the forwards so there could be even more reshuffling to come, they have to find a way to get Roberts into games too.

I don't think it's a bad signing at all, Benji is a good player despite his form at the Dragons (who does play well there under Macgreggor?).

Wait and see I guess.

betcats

Referee
That is a good point re: Brisbanes lack of back up halves

Its more of a mystery as to why Benji would choose to be a lower grader though. He is signing with a club who has no FG position for him barring an injury/rep selection. Not the way a once international level player would want to finish their career

He wasn't getting FG offers is my guess. He has signed for minimum wage or close to it if you believe the article with very little prospects of FG playing time, I'd say it was his only NRL offer.

Latest posts