Rumoured Signings

Discussion in 'NRL' started by I Bleed Maroon, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Pedge1971

Pedge1971 Bench

Then why have a salary cap?

2. coolsteve

coolsteve Juniors

salary cap = dead

3. Babyface O'reilly

Babyface O'reilly Bench

If they're struggling for cap space however, Mbye could still end up at the Tigers with the Dogs paying a chunk of his salary which would be a nice turn around for a change.

4. Dragon Slayer

Dragon Slayer Coach

So if it is true that the Dogs almost had Foran, Tedesco and Woods all signed then the salary cap is surely dead.

age.s, Munted and Clifferd like this.
  5. Munted

Munted Juniors

That, or loyalty.
    Which I kind of think is dead anyway but if they did also get Teddy I'm sure it would have been a fire sale at Belmore.
    Reynolds, licha, hopppa, throw an injury plagued Morris twin in and kasiano and you'd got the three in.

6. macavity

macavity Coach

Have been saying for a few years this is where we were headed and everyone had a go at me for it.

Yet here we are - the four "biggest names" on the market end up at the strongest clubs even though the lower clubs could offer them far more cap dollars.

Of course the fans of the big clubs see no problem. It's only a rort if you aren't in on it.

7. Tiger5150

Tiger5150 Juniors

Its not actually. The salary cap was NOT brought it to produce parity. That is what the draft was for. The salary cap was brought in to stop clubs sending themselves broke. At the time it was Canberra. Therefore TPA's dont impact, if a club only spends their salary cap on players salaries, they theoretically cant go broke and TPAs have no effect on this.

The salary cap was never brought it to produce parity but in the absence of a draft, its a nice side effect.

Captain Apollo likes this.
  8. macavity

macavity Coach

Sure, so my club looking down the barrel of at least 3 and possibly indefinite spoons... how long until we go broke from lack of support? Or are we supposed to just keep spending less on players as income contracts and adjust to getting flogged by more and more?

Without parity of spend some clubs don't have hope - and without hope we don't have anything.

9. Pedge1971

Pedge1971 Bench

Bur what would they take collective action on? The regulation changes don"t restrict their earning capacity nor do they force them to go to a club against their will. The regulation merely restricts clubs and companies ability to rort the cap process.

10. Pedge1971

Pedge1971 Bench

There are only 2 players on that list anyone would go for and no one would have been prepared to pay them what they earn at the Dogs.

The have not clubs should collude and refuse to take the Dogs/Roosters chaff unless they are contributing the significan proportion of their cap monies.

11. Radical Rat

Radical Rat Juniors

Haha, OK it must be true then as long as Mini said so.

12. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Tigers circling Jake Marketo who's languishing in reserve grade.. looking for pre-June 30 release..

Dragon_Taylor6 and axl rose like this.
  13. Cockadoodledoo

Cockadoodledoo Bench

The Roosters have Aiden Guerra, SKD, Ferguson, Topou, Michael Gordon all off contract. It is possible none will be retained. If Gordon stays, it won't be for much, Topou might be retained but not if the money is stupid. Kane Evans as I mentioned has already signed by the Eels for more than $400K a season, which is more than the Roosters are paying him. Dale Copley has already left, he was on $400K for next year and I understand the Gold Coast are paying most of that.

14. KeepingTheFaith

KeepingTheFaith Referee

Jim Doyle shoots down the done deal with the Bulldogs, addresses SJ rumours and a whole bunch of other interesting topics that's worth a look. Warrior focused of course, but gives a really interesting insight you don't often get from club CEO's on a couple of things happening behind closed doors.

A few bullet points...

1) Close to a deal with SJ

2) Foran has not signed yet but returning to Sydney is obviously a strong possibility

3) The NRL has given clubs a definite salary cap number to work off even if it's not the final one.

4) Takes some shots at the media which is always nice to see

Matiunz, axl rose and Pedge1971 like this.
  15. Cockadoodledoo

Cockadoodledoo Bench

Like he would risk damaging his close relationship with Tedesco. Dickhead losers like you won't be convinced regardless because you lack the sufficient intelligence to sort out the truth from fiction.

16. Radical Rat

Radical Rat Juniors

No f*ckwit. The whole point was that I have no idea what happened behind the scenes and neither do you. So stop telling other people to "get their facts right" like you were there.

17. Pedge1971

Pedge1971 Bench

But but but......is he saying Phil Rothfield writes articles without confirming the facts?

18. KeepingTheFaith

KeepingTheFaith Referee

Lol pretty much. Doyle is a pretty candid guy when dealing with the media. Dogs will still be heavy favourites to get Foran but I'm very confident that he hasn't actually signed yet.

I love how he basically says that journalists don't call him because if they did call him they wouldn't have a story to run - or at least the good journalists call him.

Pedge1971 likes this.
  19. Life's Good

Life's Good Bench

This looks like the tip of the iceberg in terms of rumors and signings. If the Roosters & Dogs have landed these players then let the clearance sale commence. Farg me some plodders are going to be able to cash in as a result.

20. Edwahu

Edwahu Bench

Why do the NRL say it was to produce a close competition then?