Rumoured Signings

Discussion in 'NRL' started by I Bleed Maroon, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

I am sort of happy the raiders roster is mostly settled right now because i have the feeling a club or two is going to end up with a plodder on overs that really hurts them in the medium term.

It means we cant cash in on the insane firesale but it also means we wont end up with a skd on stupid money

2. morley101

morley101 Juniors

like Woods

Cockadoodledoo likes this.
  3. Dragon_Taylor6

Dragon_Taylor6 Juniors

Yeah, but all those players have to be replaced in the squad.

4. Dragon_Taylor6

Dragon_Taylor6 Juniors

I think it would be risking the relationship, just mentioning it in the first place.

5. Edwahu

Edwahu Bench

All it takes is one company to independently make an offer that requires a player to play for a specific club and the NRL to say No and it's restricting that players earnings. The NRL can't restrict what third parties do and players wont agree to give up the gravy train out of certain clubs unless they are compensated.

Maybe someone in the know can tell us but I believe in the AFL they have a more generous cap on sponsors been able to pay players and they seem to have much greater ability to control TPAs as a result. I think this is the best approach and most likely to get agreement from the players in the CBA.

6. yobbo84

yobbo84 Bench

It sucks to lose players you developed, but having them all off contract at the same time was madness and the only reason the club is in this situation. That, and the players' over-inflated egos.

7. macavity

macavity Coach

THE NRL ABSOLUTLEY CAN RESTRICT THIRD PARTY EARNINGS.

People need to stop repeating this garbage.

Pedge1971 likes this.
  8. Pedge1971

Pedge1971 Bench

Not sure I agree. It just needs some good regulation. In that case the NRL stipulates it is not 3rd party as the company has gone around the process and breached and enforces the entire amount to go on the cap and fines the club a shit load for the breach.

The players earnings are not restricted but you can bet the clubs will think twice about circumventing the process.

Look, this would still be open to rorting but it will be more transparent if detected and there is no way players can moan their earnings are being restricted because the corporate dollars are still there and available to them but the process for engaging and accessing third party sponsorships is now independent of earnings from clubs. With a bit of thought and intent it would work.

Do I think it will happen? No. Why? Because it is clear the Roosters, Dogs and Broncos (via News) have too much infuence on the decisons taken by the independent commission in running the game.

Nice Beaver likes this.
  9. Edwahu

Edwahu Bench

If you say so. How they restrict it and whether the players agree to it is what matters.

10. Nice Beaver

Nice Beaver First Grade

I think we know the players from which clubs would kick up the shit storm if the NRL grew a pair.......

All hypothetical as we know 1 million percent Greenberg will never change the system. Why would he? He was one of the ringleaders!!

11. sensesmaybenumbed

sensesmaybenumbed Moderator Staff Member

Haven't we suffered enough?

macavity likes this.
  12. Spanner in the works

Spanner in the works Bench

What about Hayne? If he shows a bit of form, any sane club with even five cents of salary cap space should be in for him. Another one is Milford. The Jack Bird contract must've put an enormous amount of pressure on the Broncos with their roster, and Milford is still negotiating as far as I'm aware. Even Boyd would be well within his rights to say if Bird is getting equal or more than him, then he should be getting more. Lots of football left to be played this season and I think there's plenty still to come in the market. Struggling clubs need not panic just yet...

13. sensesmaybenumbed

sensesmaybenumbed Moderator Staff Member

No.

Nooo..........

14. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Dragons fans who would you rather lose out of Dugan and Widdop?

Imo Widdop would be the bigger loss, the dugong is too injury prone

But we'll take him as a replacement for Teddy

15. davi

davi Juniors

Jarryd Hayne probably will stay at the Titans for another year. But it's not of loyalty to his club if he does, his form is not great the moment, he's been injured, reputation of being a lazy trainer, and he is not earning his massive salary.

Eels are no longer interested in Hayne and the Roosters have signed Tedesco. The options for him are dwindling and the fact he is holding out till May to make a decision and reached out to the Roosters in off-season illustrates he doesn't want to be there but will be forced to stay on because nobody will be interested in his asking price.

Milford has already stated the Broncos are the only option for him. Nobody is credibility suggesting he will leave, it's not on the radar.

16. davi

davi Juniors

Cooper Cronk has stated he will make a decision if he will play on next year after origin game 3. It sounds to me that he is going to hang the boots up because there may not be many suitors with his asking price left after origin 3.

17. Life's Good

Life's Good Bench

Doust & McGregor.

18. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter First Grade

Smart man. Gets media speculating his next move.

He gets left alone to play his laxt season.

19. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Still ousting for a dousting?

To be fair to both of those, they have built a pretty good squad

20. God-King Dean

God-King Dean Moderator Staff Member

4 years, just under the 4 mill mark.