What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

davi

Juniors
I wouldn't say he'd definitely pick up another NRL contract.

Still over a year to go on his current deal and that can be a long time when you are his age.

Either ESL or bust for Sammy I think.

No point heading to Sydney on a bargain basement deal.

He has two daughters too, so he may decide it's not worth the hassle moving and wrap it up.

Still it's happened before Des Hasler playing for West Magpies and Ricky Stuart for the Bulldogs eeked out another season with a different club before retiring.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
He has two daughters too, so he may decide it's not worth the hassle moving and wrap it up.

Still it's happened before Des Hasler playing for West Magpies and Ricky Stuart for the Bulldogs eeked out another season with a different club before retiring.

Reckon he will get a nice job in some form of media and pack it in.

Has a nice life in Brizzy and can't see him uprooting his family for a one year deal.

I think its an absolute prick act by Bennett (or whoever has released this) to bring this out like it has.

He said himself that he had intention of seeking an extension and already has plans for 2019.

Why would the club come out and do that to a bloke whose given them 15 years service? Shithouse.

davi

Juniors
Reckon he will get a nice job in some form of media and pack it in.

Has a nice life in Brizzy and can't see him uprooting his family for a one year deal.

I think its an absolute prick act by Bennett (or whoever has released this) to bring this out like it has.

He said himself that he had intention of seeking an extension and already has plans for 2019.

Why would the club come out and do that to a bloke whose given them 15 years service? Shithouse.

I'm not sure it was Bennett though, it could be just the Courier Mail turning it into something it wasn't. Thaiday hasn't attacked the Broncos but has attacked the media suggesting it's a manufactured non-story.

I agree media has a lot to answer for. It's been turned into "Thaiday is heartbroken" when it's not even the realty of the situation.

According to The Matty Johns Show last night, drums are bearing that Connor Watson is on his way to the Newcastle Knights next year.

POPEYE

Coach
Neil Henry has said he would be interested in Sam Thaiday. I really probably could see the Titans the only logical choice for Sam, if he didn't want to uproot his family to a different location and wanted to play on. Still a long way to go 2018 though and Henry expressing interest doesn't mean anything's set in stone.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugb...-thaiday/ar-BBEFf8x?li=AA54yd&ocid=spartandhp
If Sam remains able to tell what colour socks he's wearing he could be an asset off the bench to a club that doesn't expect too much from him

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
Another two incorrect rumours by the Mole shot down. He couldn't tell the difference between a sprained thumb and a broken thumb for Adam Reynolds or whether Latu was leaving or staying in the riff.

christian nicolussi‏@mrchrisnico

For what it is worth, Adam Reynolds has sprained thumb. It is NOT broken. Will definitely play on Friday

The Moles back peddling after claiming Reynolds had broken his Thumb 24 hours earlier.
The Mole‏@9_Moley 13h13 hours ago

Docs thought it was broken... x-rays cleared him... Moley not a doctor - sorry.

Strike one

And he was still stirring up shit for Latu as late as Tuesday morning. Linking him to the Eels.
http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/07/18/...oin-the-hunt-for-penrith-forward-leilani-latu

But hours later
Leilani Latu emphatically denies he is leaving Penrith.

Latu said he felt indebted to the club after admitting he almost walked away from rugby league at 20 years of age.

It was Gould who kept him in the game.

"I love this club and they threw me a lifeline," Latu said.
"I played all my junior footy at Canterbury and once I did my shoulder they let me go, so I'm forever fortunate Penrith took a chance on me and picked me up.

"I'm signed here until 2020 and plan to stay for as long as possible."
http://www.nrl.com/leilani-latu-denies-release-talk/tabid/10874/newsid/110108/default.aspx

Strike 2

Dead set this clown know jack shit.