What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Grapple

Bench
I doubt even the Knights would be that desperate to sign him. Carney has had repeated chances and shown every time he has learnt 0 from his previous stuff up. Signing Carney would undermine what the Knights, and just about every other club are trying to build, with his off field antics.

Well, we're not building anything currently so we'd be happy to have him. But forget rebuilding, at least he's shown he can play, that's priority for us right now. And i'd rather have Carney than Woods any day of the week.

davi

Juniors
This is why I hate player managers. If they don't get there own way with their client thy are happy to be burning down a club out of spite.

“Ash Taylor and Tyrone Roberts are managed by the same player manager,” Kent told NRL 360.

“Tyrone Roberts asked to go out into the market to explore options. He had a look at the options, came back to the Titans and found that the offer that was on the table was no longer there.

“The manager’s got his nose out of joint, he’s upset at the Titans. He’s threatening to take Ash Taylor away because of what’s happening with Tyrone Roberts.

“Because of that, Neil Henry has come up at the appropriate time and he’s just been thrown into the mix.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/9e177f0abffbcc44bb14b1fe401d5fc9

Last edited:

Tiger5150

Bench
This is why I hate player managers. If they don't get there own with their client that are happy to burning down a club out of spite.

“Ash Taylor and Tyrone Roberts are managed by the same player manager,” Kent told NRL 360.

“Tyrone Roberts asked to go out into the market to explore options. He had a look at the options, came back to the Titans and found that the offer that was on the table was no longer there.

“The manager’s got his nose out of joint, he’s upset at the Titans. He’s threatening to take Ash Taylor away because of what’s happening with Tyrone Roberts.

“Because of that, Neil Henry has come up at the appropriate time and he’s just been thrown into the mix.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/9e177f0abffbcc44bb14b1fe401d5fc9

Sounds a lot like the Tigers sagas last 18 months.

Tiger5150

Bench
What makes matters worse for the club is that these player managers are also information lifelines to certain "journalists" who then create an agenda that didnt previously exist. Looks like Henry & GC are in for it now as the Tigers have had to cop for some time.

SBD82

Coach
Rumours that James graham has agreed to terms with the dragons.

Anyone got any info? Dragons forum is my only source.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Whoever signs Graham is getting a ticking timebomb IMO.

His body is so close to breaking down for good

Ala Twatmough going to the Eels.

If I were the NRL, I'd be getting very thorough medical reports on file before ratifying any contract, to avoid any arguments in 9 months time when the inevitable insurance claim is lodged.

davi

Juniors
Rumours that James graham has agreed to terms with the dragons.

Anyone got any info? Dragons forum is my only source.

I've read the hold up is Graham wants a three year deal, Dragons are only prepared to offer two years. Apparently Dragons are going for Graham in case they miss out on Adam Blair.

davi

Juniors
Kalyn Ponga having second thoughts? That is the rumour, and it is a rumor because the source has even acknowledged his cynicism towards it.

"I'm hearing Kalyn Ponga is a chance to backflip on his Newcastle Knights deal to remain at home with his friends and family as a very light rumour."

Last edited:

King hit

Coach
Would be better for Ponga if he stayed in NQL. Would be much better for his development learning of Thurston whilst at Newcastle he would be their go to man.

perverse

Referee
It's weird how much people don't want Ponga to come to the Knights.

How would he backflip on his contract? How would the Cowboys explain to the NRL why they increased their offer to Ponga while he was under contract to another team, and without permission to negotiate? It makes zero sense, as have the previous rumours about him.

At this stage, it's up to the Knights to release him from his contract - same as any other contracted player. The Cowboys are in no position to make him any sort of offer, and if they do they are in breach of NRL rules. I'm sure a lot would need to transpire before the Knights would even entertain the notion for any reason.

Plenty of great players have been great without Thurstons tutelage - in fact all of them have been! I'm sure the years that he's already spent learning from him will suffice. How long is JT even around for after this year?

At the end of the day, it really shows how sour the grapes up north can be, and how long they can stay that way. They can't seem to fathom it up there that Kalyn actually would want to leave for any reason. It has to be the shifty southerners tricking him or something.

Bazal

Post Whore
Isn't Ponga's immediate family moving down with him?

Why would he want to get out of the deal to stay with people who are coming with him?

perverse

Referee
coote on the nose up there apparently.
Then sadly for the Cowboys they've let go of a potentially incredible replacement. That's really unfortunate for them.
Isn't Ponga's immediate family moving down with him?

Why would he want to get out of the deal to stay with people who are coming with him?
Indeed, they are. Because the salt, incredibly, still flows strong north of the border.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I thinks this Ponga rumour is hilarious and ridiculous.

I can really see a bloke flipping when the Cows have shoved him into reggies the whole season as a dummy spit.

Then there was the public slanging match between his dad and the club.

Not a snowballs chance in hell of this happening.