What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Pay is very good. He was the Roosters U/20s and Defensive Coach in 2002, he left the club at the end of that season. He was a key part of why the Roosters were that good in 2002 as both grades won their Grand Finals.

Went to Storm U20s at some point in there & wasn't all that...

davi

Juniors
Sharks have a clean out with some players on the move.

"The Cronulla Sharks will not offer Chris Heighington, Tony Williams or Jeremy Latimore new NRL contracts. Heighington is considering retirement or a Super League move & Latimore is heavily linked to the St George Illawarra Dragons."

Tony Williams should get on a plane, go straight down to Melbourne and offer to play for Craig Bellamy on a basic wage.

I think Bellamy is the only one who might be capable of saving that career.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Tony Williams should get on a plane, go straight down to Melbourne and offer to play for Craig Bellamy on a basic wage.

I think Bellamy is the only one who might be capable of saving that career.

Bellamy is pretty specific about the players he recruits. If he doesn't see potential in them when they're interviewed then he doesn't bother.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pay is very good. He was the Roosters U/20s and Defensive Coach in 2002, he left the club at the end of that season. He was a key part of why the Roosters were that good in 2002 as both grades won their Grand Finals.
He was also the defence coach at Parra in 2013 and Canberra ever since. Defensive for both sides were and have been atrocious.

Bazal

Post Whore
He was also the defence coach at Parra in 2013 and Canberra ever since. Defensive for both sides were and have been atrocious.

Yeah but that Eels side was one of the worst squads of all time, and half the Raiders pack are fat blokes who CBF moving an inch laterally and their halves and centres are weak defenders...so how much is the coach and how much is the troops he has to work with?

The world's greatest defence coach couldn't have helped a side with Chris Sandow in the front line. Pay has a good rep as a coach and has been successful in smaller "head" coaching roles.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah but that Eels side was one of the worst squads of all time, and half the Raiders pack are fat blokes who CBF moving an inch laterally and their halves and centres are weak defenders...so how much is the coach and how much is the troops he has to work with?

The world's greatest defence coach couldn't have helped a side with Chris Sandow in the front line. Pay has a good rep as a coach and has been successful in smaller "head" coaching roles.
Just think he has been at the Raiders side long enough to improve their defence, it has gone backwards with a better side if anything.

Interesting to see how he goes at the Dogs.

Bazal

Post Whore
Just think he has been at the Raiders side long enough to improve their defence, it has gone backwards with a better side if anything.

Yeah but the slide has coincided with the forwards (and BJ) getting fatter. Plus blokes like Croker are always going to get run over from time to time...I dunno how he'll go as an NRL head coach, but I don't think we can use his performance as defensive coach in an abysmal squad and one with a head coach who thinks fitness is for fairies as a guide.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah but the slide has coincided with the forwards (and BJ) getting fatter. Plus blokes like Croker are always going to get run over from time to time...I dunno how he'll go as an NRL head coach, but I don't think we can use his performance as defensive coach in an abysmal squad and one with a head coach who thinks fitness is for fairies as a guide.
Yeah in his defence he has been working with a genius like Ricky.

davi

Juniors

It's no certainty Dean Pay will get the Bulldogs coaching role, he is reportedly front runner though. Other names thrown around are Michael Maguire, Todd Payten, and Jim Dymock.

Pay also apparently has interviewed for the Warrington Wolves coaching job last week.

Latest posts