What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

M2D2

Bench
Why do people CONTINUOUSLY post telegraph links without posting the actual article, it always goes to the subscription page.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Edwards wants out. Hates the joint. Not the only one and won't be the last to exit Parra before 2018 kicks off.

Why is that? I would have thought the atmosphere there would have been pretty good with the back office changes and the way they played this season.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
For those unable to use google.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/nrl/...s/news-story/ed84985c75eb9aa39fc7c398a70d7185

Mitchell Pearce requests release from Sydney Roosters
Phil Rothfield, The Daily Telegraph
7 minutes ago
Subscriber only
DISGRUNTLED Sydney Roosters halfback Mitchell Pearce has officially asked the club for a release from his contract — and the club is expected to grant it.

Pearce returned home from the United States last week and informed coach Trent Robinson of his decision over lunch.

The disappointment of having to play behind Kangaroos halfback Cooper Cronk is the sole reason for his decision to end a decade-long career at the Bondi club.

The Cronulla Sharks, Manly Sea Eagles and Newcastle Knights are the frontrunners to sign the Blues State of Origin halfback, while there has also been interest from Melbourne Storm and Brisbane Broncos.

a33bf97ac49c750f3b542eb819b5809b

Mitchell Pearce reacts following his team's loss to the Cowboys in the NRL Preliminary Final.
Manly appear set to make a big play for Pearce, having on Monday released five-eighth Blake Green from the final year of his contract.

The Roosters will not stand in Pearce’s way and are expected to officially announce his contract termination in the next 24 hours.

When asked last Thursday if he could work with Cronk, Pearce said: “Obviously if I ... yeah, obviously Cooper would be a player you could play with for sure. He’s the Australian halfback.’’

When asked about the Roosters not speaking to him before the shock signing of Cronk on a two-year $1.7 million deal, Pearce said: “I haven’t got anything to comment on about all of that.’’

POPEYE

Coach
Wonder if Brodie Croft would mind waiting a season or two . . . be worth the pisstake seeing Pearce play alongside Munster

Good on Pearce - easy thing to do is just play with Cronk for 2 years. I didnt think he would actually walk but wherever he goes, he will prove himself as a player either way

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Good on Pearce - easy thing to do is just play with Cronk for 2 years. I didnt think he would actually walk but wherever he goes, he will prove himself as a player either way

That was never going to happen. The Roosters did not want him to stay, they just played it to force another club to pay full freight. Pearce would have been told he was going to play back up hooker for like 10-15 minutes a week. Cronk and Keary were the preferred halves combo. If Pearce did this for the next 2 years, his bargaining position for his next contract would have been significantly impacted.

The outcome that has happened was exactly what the club hoped for. There was never any real intention to have him sitting on the bench for $800K a year.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Wonder if Brodie Croft would mind waiting a season or two . . . be worth the pisstake seeing Pearce play alongside Munster

Maybe but I would think the best place for Croft to fast track his footballing education is to play alongside the greatest player in modern footballing history, Cameron Smith.

eagles4eva

First Grade
It's a stone cold certainty. Looking forward to a few of their fans who have spent years bagging him out to start talking him up like he is the second coming of Bob Fulton.

I for one have bagged him at SOO level... Slightly confused by his signing, DCE & Pearce ( if he signs) will take a massive % of the salary cap & has Pearce played 5/8..

Still think $ in a centre & second rower would have been a better choice

justdave

Juniors
It's a stone cold certainty. Looking forward to a few of their fans who have spent years bagging him out to start talking him up like he is the second coming of Bob Fulton.
No, like a lot of our signings, we’ll just make him a better version of himself.

He’ll go good