What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

myrrh ken

First Grade
I read somewhere that the Reese Robinson signing is done.

However, I can't see the Gordon one happening. Gordon was very clear last year, he was either staying at the Roosters for 1 more year or retiring from the NRL and moving to his "retirement" home with his family on the mid-north coast where he'd then run around for 1 year with the local footy side. He had options but said he made it those two options as he didn't feel he could keep uprooting his kids every time he moved clubs, especially as his eldest child started school last year. Hence I can't see him moving to the Titans for that reason alone.

He is very clear in this article that he will look at offers specifocally from the titans. The pull to move home, play fullback and get a final paydaybl would make it a laydown misere if he would get a release.

https://m.tweeddailynews.com.au/news/raiders-return-not-a-matter-of-if-but-when-for-mic/3179181/

He is very clear in this article that he will look at offers specifocally from the titans. The pull to move home, play fullback and get a final paydaybl would make it a laydown misere if he would get a release.

https://m.tweeddailynews.com.au/news/raiders-return-not-a-matter-of-if-but-when-for-mic/3179181/

That article was written in May 2017. He re-signed with the Roosters in July 2017. Further I'll raise you with this atricvle published in September 2017 regarding Gordon -

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/09/21/tedescos-signing-kept-gordon-roosters

Gordon makes it very clear in that article he is happy to not be playing fullback in 2018.

M2D2

Bench
That article was written in May 2017. He re-signed with the Roosters in July 2017. Further I'll raise you with this atricvle published in September 2017 regarding Gordon -

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/09/21/tedescos-signing-kept-gordon-roosters

Gordon makes it very clear in that article he is happy to not be playing fullback in 2018.
And at his age, would you rather be playing wing in a team that will be still playing in September.
Or live away from your family for a year, for double the pay packet, and play in a team that will be on mad monday in September but at FB.
You would prob have to offer more than double the pay for that.

myrrh ken

First Grade
That article was written in May 2017. He re-signed with the Roosters in July 2017. Further I'll raise you with this atricvle published in September 2017 regarding

That says he doesnt want to be roosters fullback ie putting the body on the line. He would be happy to be a goldy fullback im sure. Good point about finals footy.

Lets wait and see.

no name

Coach

I've heard a few second hand stories that Gordon to Titans is a done deal.
From pretty reliable sources.
He is originally from the Tweed Coast and has already built a house in his hometown ready for when he retires/returns to the area.

POPEYE

Coach
The Home of Rotty won't let me read for free so I'd guess Jermain wants to go with his master

Jankuloski

Juniors
Actually don’t rate McGilvory that much. Really stepped up for the WC, but he can put in some really lazy performances in Super League. Huddersfield have been awful lately, but still not sure if he can maintain this jump in form.

Last Week

Bench
Actually don’t rate McGilvory that much. Really stepped up for the WC, but he can put in some really lazy performances in Super League. Huddersfield have been awful lately, but still not sure if he can maintain this jump in form.

I didn't see him in much space during the World Cup, but he seemed quite slow.

I didn't see him in much space during the World Cup, but he seemed quite slow.

It's not about his pace... He is basically the English version of Josh Mansour. Happy to be making the hard yards into the teeth of opposition forward packs on the first few tackles of a new set while his forwards are getting back on side. Have a look at his post contact metre stats from the world cup... They were insane. Significantly better than most forwards.