What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

beave

Coach

It’s official.

Rhyno is Hooper.

Hooper is Rhyno.

giphy.gif

davi

Juniors
Its been reported in the Australian Jarrod Wallace wants to return back to the Broncos and Titans will make a play at Shannon Boyd if that happens. As a Broncos fan I would love to see him back, but its been reported Broncos would like to keep Tevita Pangai Jnr and Matt Lodge which might prevent Wallace returning if Broncos retain both.

I am in two minds for the Raiders if Boyd like Junior Paulo leaves because some of their players a making big demands when the club has struggled to be a force since 2016. Raiders have been burnt though in the past by letting Paul Vaughan go which most would now concede has been a terrible mistake,

some11

Referee
Broncos just need to get rid of Sims and put Boyd out to pasture and they can have all three.

One more hamstring and Boyd will end his contract early.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Wayne and Dale with their son Darius is the perfect bogan family. Dawius goes nowhere unless Wayne gets punted.

davi

Juniors
Jarrod Wallace likely to stay with the Titans combination of a great offer from the Titans (worth more than $2.5 million) and the Broncos pretty much have indicated they want to retain the forwards they already have.

I'm surprised Wallace wanted to go back to the Broncos to some extent, he is playing his best football at the Titans and he seems to be really enjoying playing for them the games I have seen him play. Apparently he reached out to the Broncos in the off-season. Titans did suffer turmoil last year with Neil Henry/Jarrod Hayne feud, a bad season, and instability in terms of ownership so maybe it is understandable when you consider all those factors.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Jarrod Wallace likely to stay with the Titans combination of a great offer from the Titans (worth more than $2.5 million) and the Broncos pretty much have indicated they want to retain the forwards they already have.

I'm surprised Wallace wanted to go back to the Broncos to some extent, he is playing his best football at the Titans and he seems to be really enjoying playing for them the games I have seen him play. Apparently he reached out to the Broncos in the off-season. Titans did suffer turmoil last year with Neil Henry/Jarrod Hayne feud, a bad season, and instability in terms of ownership so maybe it is understandable when you consider all those factors.
Might just want sat and sundays off

davi

Juniors
Helloooooo Davi - where's the info re Wallace getting a 2.5 million dollar offer???

Where you at bro??

Yeah, Yeah, don't rush me...lol On a serious note after watching Tevita Pangai Jnr against Souths tonight I can see why the Broncos won't go for Wallace. As a good as Wallace is, Pangai may come cheaper and may have more upside too.

Titans coach confident Wallace will stay on Gold Coast

GARTH Brennan says the Titans will survive if Origin prop Jarrod Wallace walks out on the club just like it did when Jarryd Hayne fled the Gold Coast.

Wallace is set to accept a mega four-year offer to remain at the Titans after the Broncos closed the door on a possible return to Red Hill.

The Maroons prop has been offered an extension worth more than $2.5 million which would make Wallace the Gold Coast’s only contracted player in 2022.

Wallace, 26, is yet to accept the offer after deciding to test his value on the open market following his elevation to the State of Origin arena last year.

In the lead-up to his 100th NRL match against Cronulla at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday, Wallace would not commit to remaining at the Titans.

Brennan said he hoped his star front rower would stay, but made it clear the Gold Coast would move on without him like they did when Hayne quit late last year.

“He is a big part of our plans going forward, that’s part of the reason we’ve tabled a four-year deal for Jarrod,” he said.

“He is important to the team. He’s not only a quality player, he’s a quality person. We’ve got a very good relationship.

“He came to the Titans for an opportunity and it’s turned him into an Origin player.

“He’s settled here. He’s bought a house here. I’m more than confident Jarrod will stay.

“If he doesn’t, the club will move on. The club doesn’t revolve around one person.

“We’ve seen a high profile player leave previously from this club and the club still survived.

“We’ve put in a very good offer for Jarrod. He’d be our longest signed player if he signs that deal.

“That shows the faith I have in him. It’s up to Jarrod to make his decision.”

Wallace personally sounded out the Broncos during the pre-season about the possibility of returning to Brisbane, the club where he made his NRL debut and played 73 games.

Sources told The Courier-Mail that is highly unlikely to eventuate, with the Broncos preparing lucrative offers to retain boom front row duo Matt Lodge and Tevita Pangai Jr.

Brisbane’s disinterest in Wallace, and the generous Titans deal on offer, is expected to ensure he remains on the Gold Coast.

Wallace, a bench player at Brisbane, admitted he owed the Titans for giving him an opportunity last year but stopped short of guaranteeing he would remain at the club.

“I came down here to do a job and be that front row leader,” he said.

“I wanted to be my own man and get more minutes. I think I did that.

“I’m thankful and grateful they gave me that start down here. I’ll always owe them for that.

“If I keep doing what I’m doing on the field it will pay them back like that.

“I’d love to stay here. My family’s here and I love playing here. I’d love to finish off my career here. At the moment I’m a Titans player and I’ll always make sure I’m focused here and playing well.

www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/titans-coach-confident-wallace-will-stay-on-gold-coast/news-story/9ebe923df3b0a961f0dc6a522788f83a

Spot On

Coach
Many thanks Davi. I found another article suggesting the Titans offer was 2 million over 4 years. That sounded a little more believable.

If Bennett wouldn't give him 300K a couple years ago then I can't see him giving him 600K plus now. Does not make sense.

Latest posts