What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I can expect a little girl letter sent to the Herald complaining about Frederick destroying this once great forum by bringing in foreign import Rumoured Targets 2.

Joker's Wild

Coach
images

First Grade
Different link for you Yosh.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1609864/surplus-waddell-back-to-qld-cup/?cs=306

THE Knights will complete their 2013 NRL campaign without Travis Waddell after releasing the four-time Indigenous All Stars hooker to his Queensland Cup club for the rest of the year.
There had been speculation about Waddell's future in the lead-up to last Sunday's transfer deadline, and Knights coach Wayne Bennett confirmed yesterday that the 23-year-old former Raiders rake would see out the season with Souths Logan.
Waddell played for Souths in their 20-12 victory over Tweed Heads Seagulls last Saturday night and Bennett said he would remain with the Magpies until he returns in November to train with the Knights as part of their full-time NRL squad for next year.
Bennett said the return of Danny Buderus from back surgery, the projected return of Kurt Gidley from a foot injury later this month, the mid-season acquisition of Craig Gower and the emergence of National Youth Cup skipper Adam Clydsdale meant Waddell had become surplus to requirements at the Knights for now.
"We've got Danny back and Kurt to come back, and we've got Craig there now that can play that position, and we're pretty comfortable with Adam as well," Bennett said.
"He's young but he's certainly shown us that he can handle things OK, so we just thought that keeping Travis would not be ideal from his point of view or ours.
"We've got a couple of young players in the NSW Cup as well, young Chad Redman and Chris Adams as well, so someone was going to miss out on playing football somewhere.
"Travis had come from Souths in Brisbane to us, we had a June 30 deadline which we had to make a decision by, so the decision was made that he was better off being up there.
"He'll come back to us in the pre-season and get on with life at the end of the season and become a full-time Knights player next year."
Bennett will monitor Waddell's progress in the Queensland Cup and review his performances for Souths Logan for the rest of the season as part of his preparation for next year.
Souths Logan signed Waddell after Canberra decided not to retain him at the end of last year.
The Knights then signed him on the eve of this season as a replacement for Buderus, who missed the kick-off recovering from the first of two lower-back operations.
See your ad here

The second year of Waddell's two-year deal with Newcastle was guaranteed for 2014 but included the option of him being released to Souths Logan by June 30.
Waddell played 10 games for the Knights, starting in seven. The most recent of those was in their 16-14 loss to Melbourne at AAMI Park on June 16.
Souths Logan coach Mark Beaumont said Waddell made a solid return against Tweed Heads.
"Travis was in the team for his first game back with us. He'll be with us for the rest of the year, so he will be handy for us," Beaumont said in a report on the Queensland Rugby League website.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I don't even care about the rest of the season. Waddell being gone is premiership #3 in my mind.

perverse

Referee
I don't even care about the rest of the season. Waddell being gone is premiership #3 in my mind.
He's still a full-time Knight next season. It's pleasing that he won't be shitting anything else up for us this year, though... and Clydesdale will be a year older and wiser by then, too. I was super-duper impressed with Clydesdale's service and ease with which he dealt with first grade in his chances so far, I can see him being a big player of the future. I don't think the calls of a Cam Smith clone are that far off, he seems like the complete package to me.

He's already twice the player Waddell is, and he's still playing NYC. Our most promising junior since Mullen, I'd say.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I dont think ive ever been so happy to be a knights fan.

PS. if this was trolling it would be the most perfect and devistating way to fcck with knights fans.

Alex28

Coach
Anybody heard anything solid on the rumour that Costigan is definately out of here next year to England?

Nuffy

Bench
Anybody heard anything solid on the rumour that Costigan is definately out of here next year to England?

There was an article in the media, can't remember where about Nev and he said that Bennett had told him he was surplus to requirements for next year and he just wanted to end the year well.

It made no mention of where he was going, but he is definitely gone.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Damn his defense was brutal on Sunday. If Costigan can play like he did on the weekend then a part of me would be happy for him to play with us next year. But unfortunately the critical thinking part of my brain reminds me that he has been tribe for almost 3 years now.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I'd take Shillo on a 2-3 year deal if we could get him cheap and Canberra ended up paying a fair amount of his salary :badgrin:

He would add the necessary size that our forward pack has been accused of lacking. I'm not sure about the impact factor because I thought he went missing big time in Origin 1.

I'd have him partnering Snowy. Then you would have the luxury of Mason off the bench or even as a starting backrower (he can replace House).

In fact I'd do a straight swap. House for Shillo :D

Status
Not open for further replies.