What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Yeah no need to panic at this point, the club has been guilty of making panic signings on a regular basis over the last decade. We buy who-ever we can get and we usually pay massive overs for them as well and then they turn out to be total crap anyway.

If some of these players re-sign with their current clubs or sign elsewhere it may end up being big money anyway which might push other guys out to make room, so there's still likely to be plenty of quality players on the market that we can go after for next year.

I feel that we're one quality half and a quality prop away from being a top 8 team, maybe even a top 4 team with an extra couple of years experience.

Lamb may yet turn out to be the quality half that we're looking for but it's still far from certain given his early season form and we'd be crazy not to go after someone like Bird who's already on the market.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I think Lamb is developing ok but prob won't be there for a few years. But I have seen some progress. He seems a lot more confident which helps.

perverse

Referee
I think Lamb is developing ok but prob won't be there for a few years. But I have seen some progress. He seems a lot more confident which helps.
His reads in defence and just general physicality need a lot of work. They are definitely things he can work on and improve, but they are pretty dire and costly at the moment. Some blokes do improve in these areas, some just don't. Hope he's in the former group.

I'm not massively concerned with his touches on the ball... he mostly knows what he's doing there, although none of it that I've seen is at a mindblowing capacity or anything.

macavity

Referee
His reads in defence and just general physicality need a lot of work. They are definitely things he can work on and improve, but they are pretty dire and costly at the moment. Some blokes do improve in these areas, some just don't. Hope he's in the former group.

I'm not massively concerned with his touches on the ball... he mostly knows what he's doing there, although none of it that I've seen is at a mindblowing capacity or anything.

His ceiling isn't that high and he needs a lot of work to get to FG standard. But he can get there, he could be serviceable - more McCrone less Thurston, though.

Spot On

Coach
Geez, Lamb has been around 5 minutes. He has great hands and passing game, a decent kick and is getting used to the pace and physicality of first grade.

Hopefully he can accumulate 20 or so games this season, have a ripper off season and be much improved in 2018.

No secret or surprise that he's going to be targetted when defending. He's having a go and should only improve over time in this area.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I just like Lamb because he tries to get his hands on the ball and he doesnt immediately f*ck it up and throw in to the grass...

I know thats a pretty low bar, but when we are comparing him to the likes of Kidley and Hodko, the bar is pretty low.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Yep to all of the above. But he is getting better and JT had the luxury of coming off the bench behind a premiership pack. Cleary almost as good an intro.

Swap em and see if they would be as good behind our pack last year.

Unproven but I like what I see this year with Lamb. Here is hoping.

slotmachine

First Grade
Tyrone got four years of doing absolutely nothing, hodko is into his second. I'll reserve judgement on lamb until 2019.

The way recruitment is going we'll still be bottom 4 next season. "Moneyball" signings picking up the scraps while other clubs retain their a-grade talent might improve the team, but you're talking moving from last to 12th, maybe 10th.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Lamb has fairly ok stats for a 5 game rookie.

He has 4 line break assists and 2 try assists. Hodkinson had that in 24 games last season.

Lamb has shown some nice touches this year, and has picked his moments without really over playing his hand.

I'd expect a steady improvement from him over the season.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Wade graham has rejected the sharks offer.

I don't care how many back rowers we have I'd make room for graham. Shift Barnett to prop, I doubt he would struggle with the transition there.

8. D saifiti
10. M. Barnett
11. Sione
12. Buhrer
13. Graham

14. Kostjaysn
15. Starling
16. J saifiti
17. Stockwell/King/Tupou/new signing

Last edited:
Wade graham has rejected the sharks offer.

I don't care how many back rowers we have I'd make room for graham. Shift Barnett to prop, I doubt he would struggle with the transition there.

8. D saifiti
10. M. Barnett
11. Sione
12. Buhrer
13. Graham

14. Kostjaysn
15. Starling
16. J saifiti
17. Stockwell/King/Tupou/new signing
Sharks forum says he has put pen to paper today.
For the record, if you guys are offering Bird what the papers are saying then it is overs. He is a great utility player but for a full time first grade spot he is only a centre or second rower.

Edit : and now the Sharks have confirmed http://www.sharks.com.au/news/2017/03/24/key_sharks_re_sign.html it.

Glendale

Juniors
Think this increases our chances of getting Bird. Graham and Holmes would have been asking for a fair bit. They can't keep that whole team together.

Last thing I read was us and Parramatta are offering way more then what the Sharks are for Bird. And the way Birds been talking in the media, seems the writing might be on the wall there.

Whilst he's a good player, have to agree with Sharks fans that 900k is probably overs. Especially if his position is ambiguous, I don't reckon his future is in the spine. However as I've said previously, he's the type of player you want at your club regardless of position.

He walked into halfs,and injury prevails to ponga then fullback!SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO PAY OVERS.he is worth it and he is young,we can build a team around blokes like him.just gotta do what it takes to get him .

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
When brooks, Moses and josh Reynolds are all asking for 800k + I am happy with 900k for bird.

And yeah, sharks have re-signed graham, and have also confirmed they have re-signed prior.

So basically the only forward available now is woods, is that right?