What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Caped Crusader

Juniors
All the good union players are topped up with ARU contracts. It's a dead end

We need to be looking at the ESL and reggies, particularly at clubs with rep players in the positions we need

macavity

Referee
If we can land Graham (I'm not confident, but hopefully Gidley's relationship with him gets us there), another mid-tier prop (would love Asofa-Solomona but Melbourne wont give him up) and two up and coming halves surplus to needs at their clubs (Frawley and Connor Watson as a utility are my picks, both under contract I know, but both clubs will have to shed players... Nu Brown, Ata Hingano also options) plus some roster fillers like SKD (and thats what he is seen as these days) and some bench props... you would have to consider this year a reasonable success recruitment wise, given the low expectations at this point.

Glendale

Juniors
Can we get Tyrone back please?

If Kostjasyn has to retire, and let's hope he doesn't, then I'd take Tyrone back as a utility. Dynamic in that role, that's his future I reckon. As our solution to the halves problem, a step sideways/backwards, very uninspiring. Better then Hodko, maybe, which is ironic when you consider he was forced out for Hodkinson.

Noname36

First Grade
Also should make a sneaky approach to Latrell Mitchell's manager....

As talented as he is I really don't think we need him unless Gagai leaves.

Half and prop are much more important areas of need for us and we need as much money as we can for them. Latrell would cost a fortune and our outside backs are fine.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I know Hayne is top class but his game tonight shows how much a ball playing fullback can bring to a side. Hopefully we can get glimpses of this class from Ponga next year.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Ponga looked dangerous every time he had the ball tonight. Every time he ran the ball he looked like he was going to run it, pass it and kick it at the same time. You just don't know what he's going to do. That is only created when you have players on your inside and outside running good lines though.

blaza88z

Coach
Dragons forum is talking up Gagai to the Dragons, surely you guys don't let him go without a good old cash war, he's basically your best player at the moment

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Gagai leaving would just be another nail in the coffin. I doubt he will as he has gone public a few times about how much he loves the knights. He was also quoted in an article yesterday stating how players need to give Newcastle a chance and when prospective players visit they never go and see the nice parts of Newcastle.

Spot On

Coach
Gagai and his manager would be rubbing their hands together watching what some of the bog average players in this comp are now being paid. He's every chance of taking the big dollars elsewhere.

Last edited:

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
I don't think gags is worth more than 600k tbh. He's not a game breaker by any stretch.

In saying that, since he has been in the club he has never been given any good ball and it's never the team focus to involve gagai in any plays. So who knows what he could do with a good half getting him early ball.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
I have no doubt he will be chasing more than 600k. I just think he is only worth 600k. He could probably get around 700-800k on the open market but I'd hate for us to fork thst out for him.