What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

PhilGould

Bench
Vete was asking Titans for $500k per season earlier in the year apparently. It's a lot for a guy who's in reserve grade behind a pretty average pack.

On Triple M yesterday James Hooper mentioned we're interested in Curtis Rona now that Western Force are no more.

Johns Magic

Referee
Vete was asking Titans for $500k per season earlier in the year apparently. It's a lot for a guy who's in reserve grade behind a pretty average pack.

On Triple M yesterday James Hooper mentioned we're interested in Curtis Rona now that Western Force are no more.

Wow I would only go for Vete at half that price.

Rona is good and certainly fits the mould they are after "tall outside back". The Dogs will probably struggle to take him back as well.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Vete be great. But hell no at that price. What a joke.

Rona be great... but pointless without a half that can get quality ball to him and a forward to get the go forward.

Spot On

Coach
Rona would be a great pick up.

I can't comment anymore or player salaries, 500K for a prop who plays limited time (and reserves at the moment) out of an 80 min game just infuriates me.

May as well go hard at Pangai Jr and Ese'Ese if that's what Vete wants.

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
Vete be great. But hell no at that price. What a joke.

Rona be great... but pointless without a half that can get quality ball to him and a forward to get the go forward.

Yeah gags is a weapon but he's withering out there. Rona, skd etc not going to change our fortunes.

Alex28

Coach
Wonder if we are considering Hayne? I would be with plenty of due diligence.
Is Hayne a genuine half? We are right for a fullback next year.

His attitude worries me. Got all the talent in the world, doesn't seem to want to apply it. We need guys that are going to set the example, and he seems to be at the opposite end of that...

Johns Magic

Referee
Is Hayne a genuine half? We are right for a fullback next year.

I am very confident he could play 6 well. Some of his passes are sublime and he takes on the line. Watching him last night I was just imagining how much space he could give Ponga out the back and I'm sure he would love playing with Ponga.

His attitude worries me. Got all the talent in the world, doesn't seem to want to apply it. We need guys that are going to set the example, and he seems to be at the opposite end of that...

Agree on this.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
I think Hayne would be a great five eight. I also think hes offield issues have been greatly overexagurated by the media. He would be the most talented player whe have had in a very long time

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
The player I really want is Connor Watson. I know he is under contract but he is stuck behind Tedesco, Keary, Pearce and Friend. Would be a brilliant signing

Alex28

Coach
Connor Watson and Matt Frawley would both be great signings... would be a young spine no doubt but full of talent.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I think Hayne would be a great five eight. I also think hes offield issues have been greatly overexagurated by the media. He would be the most talented player whe have had in a very long time

I have no respect left for Hayne, he brings a media circus with him everywhere he goes and I don't think we need that just now. Yes he'd be our most talented player by a country mile but his attitude is terrible and I also don't see him as a long term option that we can build our club around in future because he seems to prefer having short term contracts these days to drive his market value up each year and he'd probably jump ship as soon as he gets a bigger offer...

And of course there's always the possibility that he would ask for an early release to pursue his childhood dream of playing mixed netball for Burkina Faso.

Either way I don't want to see him in a Knights jersey.

macavity

Referee
so best (semi-realistic) case scenario looks something like this:

1. Ponga
2. Sio
3. Gagai
4. SKD
5. Ross

6. Watson
7. Lamb

8. Graham (c)
9. Levi
10. Saifiti

11. Mata'utia
12. Hoffman
13. Barnett

14. Buhrer
15. Pauli
16. Vete
17. Saifiti

Would be happy running that out next year, as opposed to what we can run out this year.

Still not anywhere near a contending squad, but could pinch 7-8th if they click - and just as importantly it will take a lot of pressure off a very young spine and let them grow together. A few more signings and some growth and in 2-3 years we are competitive.

Interesting times ahead if the NRL actually grow some nuts and ensure contracts are registered at something approximating market value. A few clubs will be in some pain if it actually happens. So it probably won't.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Tbh I think our 2018 team will be the same As this year, obviously with ponga at the back and probably Pythian replacing hodkinson.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Where has the talk of Hoffman come from? Haven't heard anything about him being available, same with Watson. Or are we just spit ballin here??

so best (semi-realistic) case scenario looks something like this:

1. Ponga
2. Sio
3. Gagai
4. SKD
5. Ross

6. Watson
7. Lamb

8. Graham (c)
9. Levi
10. Saifiti

11. Mata'utia
12. Hoffman
13. Barnett

14. Buhrer
15. Pauli
16. Vete
17. Saifiti

Would be happy running that out next year, as opposed to what we can run out this year.

Still not anywhere near a contending squad, but could pinch 7-8th if they click - and just as importantly it will take a lot of pressure off a very young spine and let them grow together. A few more signings and some growth and in 2-3 years we are competitive.

Interesting times ahead if the NRL actually grow some nuts and ensure contracts are registered at something approximating market value. A few clubs will be in some pain if it actually happens. So it probably won't.

macavity

Referee
Where has the talk of Hoffman come from? Haven't heard anything about him being available, same with Watson. Or are we just spit ballin here??

Both have been mentioned.

Hoffman is off contract and the Roosters are going to have to shed players and have a guy with no path to FG who might want a shot somewhere else. So... half half.

Latest posts