What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Seage

Juniors
He's a good player who has success wherever he goes but he has plenty of flaws in his game too. He's conceded 21 penalties already this season. Imagine how many he'd of conceded if he was playing for us.
We're conceding those penalties now - without the upside.

We can't score points, we can't tackle, we get mercilessly penalised. If your turning down James Maloney, what are you holding out for?

mozza91

Coach
We're conceding those penalties now - without the upside.

We can't score points, we can't tackle, we get mercilessly penalised. If your turning down James Maloney, what are you holding out for?
Cronk hopefully. We're actually scoring some points at the moment but are conceding more.

I'm not turning him down he's obviously an upgrade on what we have now but I do believe he's overrated and has alot of negatives in his game to go with the positives. As I mentioned earlier Chad Townsend outperforms him most weeks. Maloney is a big game player though, he was excellent in Origin and the Finals last year but I'm not 100% sure he's the solution.

Seage

Juniors
Bring back Tyrone!

Cronk hopefully. We're actually scoring some points at the moment but are conceding more.

I'm not turning him down he's obviously an upgrade on what we have now but I do believe he's overrated and has alot of negatives in his game to go with the positives. As I mentioned earlier Chad Townsend outperforms him most weeks. Maloney is a big game player though, he was excellent in Origin and the Finals last year but I'm not 100% sure he's the solution.

We got enough of da moneyz to get both Cronk and Maloney, with enough change to drive down Hunter Street throwing bills out the window - you know, like the old administration did...

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Feeney is having a go which is all we can ask. He's not the long term option and he's really only in the side because he's the last man standing.

That being said he's at least been an improvement on Hodko and while we have no better options I'm happy for him to keep his spot.

I wonder if Brown will want to have a look at Cogger at #7 later in the year? Or whether he'll keep him in reserve grade to build a bit more experience.

From Feeney's perspective he's at least got plenty to play for. If he performs well and proves that he's up to it then he may pick up a new deal here or somewhere else, he could end up being a back up half or possibly a bench utility somewhere.

slotmachine

First Grade
A lot of these guys like Feeney and Randall aren't going to attract much interest from elsewhere, no harm in keeping them around on second tier deals.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
When you look lamb from when he debuted last year and the few games he played both with cogger and hokko he looked way out of his depth and was drowning out there. This year he has improved out of sight and is twice the player he was when he debuted. If he keeps that trajectory he is going to be a great clubman for us.

The amazing thing with lambs rise too, is he has done it all himself, he hasn't had a dominant play maker next to him helping him out, hasn't had a dominant forward pack, yet somehow he seems to be improving with every game.

I really like what we have in lamb, I feel we can build the team around him, but we just really need some troops to help him develop.

slotmachine

First Grade
Definitely. With Levi/Ponga/Lamb all locked in desperately need one experienced player in the spine (who isn't a traffic cone). Cronk or bust.

I'll be ok if we don't go for a half unless it is really a gun half - Cronk or maybe Maloney . Feeney is progressing and we will have Pythian to possibly develop.
I'd prefer to have the "brains trust" sort out game play between them and work together than have a dominant half try and control the game.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I'll be ok if we don't go for a half unless it is really a gun half - Cronk or maybe Maloney . Feeney is progressing and we will have Pythian to possibly develop.
I'd prefer to have the "brains trust" sort out game play between them and work together than have a dominant half try and control the game.

Yeah I'm with you mate. Means the team still functions when a pkaymaker gets injured. Look at the Cowboys w/o Thurston or us with Joey.

Would have no problem if we started hitting big aggressive fwds as the priority.....

macavity

Referee
When you look lamb from when he debuted last year and the few games he played both with cogger and hokko he looked way out of his depth and was drowning out there. This year he has improved out of sight and is twice the player he was when he debuted. If he keeps that trajectory he is going to be a great clubman for us.

The amazing thing with lambs rise too, is he has done it all himself, he hasn't had a dominant play maker next to him helping him out, hasn't had a dominant forward pack, yet somehow he seems to be improving with every game.

I really like what we have in lamb, I feel we can build the team around him, but we just really need some troops to help him develop.

The really amazing thing with Lamb's rise is how much better he looks next to Feeney than anyone else he has played with.

It's almost like a half that will play straight instead of crabbing across the field for a dump off to a flat footed forward... gives him some space or something.

Still Nutty

Juniors
^ Well Hopefully Cogger can make that same jump.

I'm all for competition in all positions...but at the moment, and while we don't have any gun signings on the books yet, I think it is Feeney's to lose now based on the development he has shown in the last couple of weeks.

Cogger may present as a better option for the future but I reckon he would now have to earn it rather than pick it up by default as soon as he is fit to play...and that is the way it should be.

Still Nutty

Juniors
The really amazing thing with Lamb's rise is how much better he looks next to Feeney than anyone else he has played with.

It's almost like a half that will play straight instead of crabbing across the field for a dump off to a flat footed forward... gives him some space or something.

Nothing like a bit of subtle sarcasm to make a point hey Mac.....or maybe not so subtle? LOL ;)

Bartwah

Juniors
Gallen announcing that he's sticking around next year and it'll take a "very, very good offer to lure him away from the Sharks". Thoughts? Lol

Latest posts