What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Spot On

Coach
I still don't get the Souths move though if the reports about the money are correct. It's not like they've been going well. If they lose S Burgess long term they'd be in very deep shit if they arent already. I mean they are 2 wins above us spending the full cap and heaps of TPAs. Does anyone think they have a powerhouse roster?

Add to that a hooker and fullback at the end of their careers who are shadows of their best plus a halfback that gets hurt every second week. I mean Rochow is in their 17. Sutton is still on the books. Goodwin. For christ sake, Goodwin people.

Nope, I just don't get it. Something doesn't add up.

Have you blokes watched Souths tonight against a Parramatta side missing plenty. What is wrong with them?

Maybe for Gallen. Would need to consider that he'd add a lot off the field in training and for the club in general.
His experience might be what we need to jump start the forwards.
We would still need to add a prop or two.

Joel-22

Juniors
If we signed Gallen he would be the best ever forward (equal with bedsy if you include him in the forwards) to play in knights colours and second best overall player behind Johns. Even at 37 years of age.
I'd go so far to say that if Gallen was in the team this year we'd be sitting on 4-5 wins instead of 2.

People will shit on me for saying this but I don't give a f**k, Gallen is close to if not the best forward in the game and certainly the best lock i've ever seen. The influence he would have on players like Saifitis, Sione, Barnett etc. would be enough for me to throw the f**king bank at him.

PhilGould

Bench
No doubt he'd have a good effect on the younger players on the field at least, but I couldn't bring myself to support him. Can't stand the bloke.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The only issue is Gallen would be coming here for his retirement cheque. I can understand us offering big money for Graham or Scott for 3 years or so but Gallen would be a year to year prospect at best and wouldn't be here long term enough to be worth it imo. Very good player no doubt but I would rather have guys that we can build the club around instead of guys just making a one year cameo.

voltron

Juniors
I would take Gal for a year.
We need a prop, a leader, and someone to teach people how to win.
Also hearing about him around the city camp, I think that kind of thing would do wonders for our young'uns

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I don't have anywhere else to put this comment so I'll put it here... Did anyone else see the try that RTS scored against the Broncos tonight? Looked very very similar to the one that Sione should have had against Bulldogs, dives on a grubber, goes through his arms and grounded between his arm and his torso but never had full control of the ball and his hands weren't actually on the ball when grounded... But guess what!? It was given a try this time...

Oh well it's RTS, one of the superstars in our game so it must be a try.

Sorry I'm still stinging about some of rough calls we've copped this season when the same thing happens in other games involving other teams but it's a different result. We're being set up for failure just by our reputation.

Alex28

Coach
If we signed Gallen he would be the best ever forward (equal with bedsy if you include him in the forwards) to play in knights colours and second best overall player behind Johns. Even at 37 years of age.
I'd go so far to say that if Gallen was in the team this year we'd be sitting on 4-5 wins instead of 2.

People will shit on me for saying this but I don't give a f**k, Gallen is close to if not the best forward in the game and certainly the best lock i've ever seen. The influence he would have on players like Saifitis, Sione, Barnett etc. would be enough for me to throw the f**king bank at him.
Ben Kennedy.

Gallen would make nowhere near the impact here that BK did.

PhilGould

Bench
18739855_1826013690994960_784606772374473434_n.jpg

Johns Magic

Referee
Maloney piece is nothing new but at least this makes it sound more live. Best case for us, Cronk goes to Sharks?

My guess on the Origin player is Lillyman but again that is just a guess. It would suit Lillyman and isn't one we'd fall over ourselves for but would consider so seems to add up to me. The other off-contract Origin players are Darius(no), Cronk(we'd sell our left nut for) and Ferguson(possible but I doubt he's keen to come here) I think? FTR I would take Lillyman if not asking too much.

Sounds like a pointless offer to Adam Elliott...basically we'd take him but aren't that keen, and he has no reason to be keen on us. He is a backrower though so interesting to know we are still in the market for those.

PhilGould

Bench
Ferguson, Hayne, Peats, Boyd, Chambers, Cronk, Guerra & Lillyman are the off-contract Origin players. Reckon it'd be Lillyman or Guerra, maybe Fergo.

Choppy182

Juniors
Maloney is a very possible signing. He's a local junior at my local club on the central coast and their are talks around the senior club with those who know him, stating he is 'possibly' looking at Newcastle to finish his career. Knight in the box seat with him due to the amount of cash to spend. He wants security, if Knights offered $800,000 a year for 3 years he'll sign. (Get rid of Hodgkinson). But with a year remaining on his Sharks contract it can complicate things a little.

Elliot would be a great signing, fingers crossed for that one.

Nathan Peats was the off contract player they were talking to however I remember reading something stating he was at long odds to sign. Lets face it, Knights are "linked" to everyone according to the media.

Burwood

Bench
Although not off contract in 2018, it could be Nate Myles- he's been linked to Melbourne next year and he does have a bit of a history that Brown might consider to not be a good look for the club's culture.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Maloney would be a perfect partner for Lamb. If much prefer Maloney on 3 years than Cronk on 1 year. Let's us rebuild around our halves and lamb would finally have a halves partner to look up to.

Id rather lillyman over Guerra and Myles. Lillyman is over the hill but he has been playing well, Myles has been playing like shit.

Would definitely take fergo. Would be nice to have a big fast strong outside back.

macavity

Referee
The interesting thing is the statement about "being selective". Would seem to indicate either they have a history of being a dickhead (Fergo) or they just aren't very good (Lillyman, Myles, Guerra).

Johns Magic

Referee
Willing to believe it's Peats as above. Sounds like he's after 600k though so while he's worth considering I'd pass given we are investing in Levi.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I'd say it's Peats, the Gold Coast aren't willing to offer the $600k that he's asking for so I guess his manager is doing what managers do and approaching us to get a bigger offer so they've got more leverage to negotiate with. He's a fairly consistent player but I'm not convinced he'll play enough games to justify his price tag, he's got a checkered injury history and we've been burnt by that many times in the past.