What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Lamb in NSW cup would be good, him and cogger could have a year together, that is if we get jimmy, when cogger is ready they both could come up together.

If Levi doesn't kick on, Watson would be a fantastic hooker. 1. Ponga 6. Lamb 7. Cogger 9. Watson for the 2019 season would be money. Add in 2 class forwards and the rest develop we are in fantastic shape.

Joel-22

Juniors
Lamb in NSW cup would be good, him and cogger could have a year together, that is if we get jimmy, when cogger is ready they both could come up together.

If Levi doesn't kick on, Watson would be a fantastic hooker. 1. Ponga 6. Lamb 7. Cogger 9. Watson for the 2019 season would be money. Add in 2 class forwards and the rest develop we are in fantastic shape.

Well that ship has sailed, my friend

Spot On

Coach
Good passing game, links well his playmakers and a decent defender for his size. He is injury prone but would be easily our best player.

I think his kicking game keeps him in firsts. Nothing else. That said, I think there was a stat of some sort re team kicking performance and Souths were 2nd worst in the comp behind Canberra this season.

Passing game is good at times. I'm not much of a fan tbh. I think he's been disappointing and it's probably due to the injuries. He'd cop more here the amount of defending he'd have to do.

Last edited:

Pedge1971

First Grade
Has to be retired. What club would sign a guy to play for then when he has already signed on to coach the halves of an opposing team?

Still Nutty

Juniors
He's improved, but still needs to continue that, he has done this before where he has been in good form and then been poor for a large patch.

I think Levi has progressively and consistently improved this season and been one of our best in 2017, which is largely down to a relatively successful surgery to fix his back issues that affected his form and game time last year.

I do see him as our number 9 for the foreseeable future...and by that I mean he could be like Bedsey, as a 1 club player for us. I'm not sure he will develop to be the out and out champion that Danny was but I do believe he has the talent to be one of the top rakes in the game.

At 21, he is certainly playing above his years and is one of the reasons I have some faith our developing spine is well served by his inclusion

Johns Magic

Referee
This article makes it sound like Ese'ese is actually off-contract. Also says his asking price is 300k which sounds much more reasonable to me(good money for a guy of his experience but value if he performs for us), and that we aren't the only club chasing.

DEMAND FOR BIG MAN

Brisbane are hopeful of re-signing forward Herman Ese’ese despite several clubs expressing interest in the 110 kilo prop.

It’s understood the Broncos have tabled him a contract while he recently toured Newcastle’s facilities after they’d expressed interest in bringing him to the hunter.

Melbourne are also believed to be keen on the big unit but with the salary cap unclear for 2018, Ese’ese is in no hurry to make a call on his future.

The 22-year-old’s name was also mention in Bondi Junction as a recruitment target earlier in the year although it’s understood the big man is out of their price range.

The Gold Coast also believe Ese’ese would be a good fit on the glitter strip but have baulked at his $300,000 a season price tag.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/916a7d658c3b3d5d1693147181548f48

In fact this article says he only extended for 12 months at the end of last year:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/99886967b76da62905eca7db05d70ccd

Last edited:

Latest posts