What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Still Nutty

Juniors
Hey, if he is cheap and gives some depth before 30 June, we can have a look and see what he offers before having to commit to anything long term...no real risk but it can't really hurt us to have a look

Zoidberg

First Grade
NRL360 mentioned the Cooper Cronk story about him being a Storm halves coach, confirmed that he will be doing that when he chooses to retire, not necessarily gonna happen at the end of this year yet.

Pedge1971

First Grade
But who would sign a guy who has already committed to join his former club after he retires. Which you can guarantee will be this year now.

Whatever he earns in that year from the Storm should be added to their cap. Clearly a back ended payment from his playing days....

Haffa

But who would sign a guy who has already committed to join his former club after he retires. Which you can guarantee will be this year now.

Whatever he earns in that year from the Storm should be added to their cap. Clearly a back ended payment from his playing days....
That'd force a few broncos ambassadors under the cap.

Johns Magic

Referee
Thaiday is about to turn 32.

He signed a contract extension back in 2015 which expires at the end of the 2018 season. It’s thought to be worth about $400,000-a-year to Sam and the Broncos.
For a veteran backrower who’s closing in on 300 NRL games, and still represents Queensland and Australia every year, that doesn’t sound like such a ludicrous amount of money for a club to fork out.

But it all counts when the Brisbane masterminds are trying to balance the books.

“I think at the end of the day if you want to be a genuine premiership team sometimes you have to make sacrifices, and a lot of the time it is monetary ones,” Thaiday told foxsports.com.au.

“You want to build a team and keep a team together, and build some consistency as a squad ... you do sometimes need to give a bit and take a bit here and there.

“I’m probably coming to the back end of my career and the majority of my contract now is third-party stuff where I have to work for it.

“I’m more than happy to sit back and take a bit of a cut on the contract stuff and work harder away from footy and off the field to earn my money that way.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/994074565a506a533497abd685161e3f

voltron

Juniors
Wardle looking to leave already.
I suppose coming and losing all the time isnt what he wanted.
Not too fussed about that

Johns Magic

Referee
Wardle looking to leave already.
I suppose coming and losing all the time isnt what he wanted.
Not too fussed about that

I would be surprised if that had anything to do with it. Wife and kids I would imagine and fair enough if that's the case.