What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

perverse

Referee
Apparently Peta Hiku has been released from the Panthers to go to the ESL. I wonder if we had any interest there? Rumours are that he's one of the highest paid at the Panthers, so I'm guessing (and its purely a guess) we told them we're not paying full freight, and they found someone who would instead?

Johns Magic

Referee
Apparently Peta Hiku has been released from the Panthers to go to the ESL. I wonder if we had any interest there? Rumours are that he's one of the highest paid at the Panthers, so I'm guessing (and its purely a guess) we told them we're not paying full freight, and they found someone who would instead?

I don't think he suits what Brown and Mooney are looking for i.e. some big guys in our three-quarters. I would be surprised if we wanted him.

Seems to me they want to turn the tables and be physically imposing next year to make a statement.

perverse

Referee
I don't think he suits what Brown and Mooney are looking for i.e. some big guys in our three-quarters. I would be surprised if we wanted him.

Seems to me they want to turn the tables and be physically imposing next year to make a statement.
Yeah, fair point. Will need to put a firecracker up the Saifitis if we want them to be imposing. They are big units, but imposing isn't a word I would use. The last thing they seem to want to do is hurt anybody.

PhilGould

Bench
1. Ponga
2. SKD
3. Moga
4. Pete
5. Ross

Would be my guess. Sio and Elliot as first choice cover for outside back injuries. Moga and SKD could switch between centre and wing too.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
1. Ponga
2. SKD
3. Moga
4. Pete
5. Ross

Would be my guess. Sio and Elliot as first choice cover for outside back injuries. Moga and SKD could switch between centre and wing too.

Really nice flexibility in the back line aswell, similar to our forward pack it's really underrated imo to have players who can play multiple positions

Johns Magic

Referee
Can't match the offer? Brisbane never lose anyone they actually want to keep. Moga is pretty shit and injury prone so they're happy to let us waste money on him. If he was good the money would've magically been found.

I haven't watched Moga closely enough this year to stick up for him(highlights look ok), but this argument above is pretty much bullshit. They have Jack Bird and James Roberts eating up north of $1.6mn in their centres next year. Kahu and Oates on the wings so no room there either.

There is no way they are going to offer first-grade money to another centre. Their depth there will have to be a junior or a bargain-bin buy as Moga was this year.

Haffa

He's on minimum this year and has the option to take minimum again. He's taking the option for guaranteed playing time as much as he is the dollars.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Moga is young in his first full year in fg. Like a lot of our blokes he has had some very good games and some very average ones.

If he can get more consistent he will be a good buy. There is enough to like but it might take some time.