What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

NK Arsenal

Juniors
SKD officially signed now. Interview on the Knights website says he will miss first 2-3 weeks but you'd think he will have to play Cup before getting a grade spot

Alex28

Coach
I guess if we miss out on Watson we are probably the only club that can afford James Maloney's asking price if the Sharks offer to release him.

If Cronk actually decides to play we would probably be the only club that could afford him as well
Cronulla seems pretty intent on making sure he plays on his unders contract next year...

Pedge1971

First Grade
Hard to say when we've seen less than 10 games from them combined.

Agreed. Big gamble paying a kid in Watson half a mill on potential then having him go no better behind our shit pack than the kids we have already on nothing. We would almost certainly lose Lamb or Cogger under this scenario.

Shit situation all round but it would feel wrong to diverge from the plan now for moderate imorovement at best. Rather spend some money on a gun prop.

Pedge1971

First Grade
None available...

Not right now but the James Graham rumours are not going away.

I like Watson but are we gonna be here in 12 months bashing the shit out of him because we paid overs to watch him get smashed behind a beaten fwd pack?

Or even worse what if Cogger gets picked up for f**k all by a top 8 team and turns out to be the perfect hb behind a fierce pack of fwds.

Bottom line is no one knows so I think we should stick to the plan but shit I have been wrong more than I.am right about this stuff!

slotmachine

First Grade
I'm sure the $600-$750k a season didn't hurt either when trying to get Ponga over the line.

So here is the timeline on Ese'ese.

We offer $465k a year. The Broncos offer $275k a year. He tells Broncs he's going to take our offer. At the 11th hour they ask for more time. *Scene Missing* He is no longer signing with the Knights.

perverse

Referee
I'm sure the $600-$750k a season didn't hurt either when trying to get Ponga over the line.

So here is the timeline on Ese'ese.

We offer $465k a year. The Broncos offer $275k a year. He tells Broncs he's going to take our offer. At the 11th hour they ask for more time. *Scene Missing* He is no longer signing with the Knights.
I've lost count of how many times I've seen this scenario play out. Pretty standard. The Broncos always manage to find some cash down the side of the couch.

Our recruitment drive is spluttering again unfortunately. Even more unfortunately, it's mostly out of our hands. Can't really offer more than $475k for Ese'ese without the Saifitis packing up because they're underpaid. I doubt the Broncos will be fighting too hard to keep Moga, so he'll probably come. Yippee...

slotmachine

First Grade
Yes the marquee bonanza currently sits at -1.

The way the salary cap negotiations are going there will probably be an amnesty of some sort for 2018, further screwing us.

perverse

Referee
Yes the marquee bonanza currently sits at -1.

The way the salary cap negotiations are going there will probably be an amnesty of some sort for 2018, further screwing us.
We pretty much have to put a mill or so in our back pocket at this point and just ride it into next season with our fingers crossed that someone becomes available and no-one else can fit them in. Again...

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Doesn't matter if we have $10mil in our back pocket. It's quite evident that any good player that is targeted by another club will never come to the knights.

Latest posts