What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Off contract

Adam Blair, Kurt Dillon, Mitchell Dodds, David Gower, Tim Grant, Rod Griffin, Charlie Gubb, James Hasson, Jacob Hind, Patrick Kaufusi, Jeremy Latimore, Brenton Lawrence, Francis Molo, Rory O'Brien, Ofahiki Ogden, Agnatius Paasi, Mickey Paea, Pauli Pauli, Eddy Pettybourne, Frank Pritchard, Andy Saunders, Josh Starling, Jack Stockwell, Sam Tagataese, Peni Terepo, Oshae Tuiasau, David Tyrrell, Albert Vete

Sweet f**k all.

I'd go Blair, lillyman, paasi if he'd come cheap but he hasn't been that good coming back from injury, maybe vete, Grant if he's cheap. I think Lawrence is off the market.

Most are just your average no frills first grade standard/fringe first graders.

Best we can hope for is teams offloading players
We will be losing a fair few props next year with Paea, Stockwell and Starling out the door. We need to get at least 4-5 to cover depth

I think Vete is worth a go along with Tagatese and Gower

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
We will be losing a fair few props next year with Paea, Stockwell and Starling out the door. We need to get at least 4-5 to cover depth

Gower is ok, bit of a no frills work horse and probably a small upgrade on stockwell and starling and wouldn't be expensive.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade

I thought we signed Starling on a 2 year contract?

I'm stoked with the signings that we've done but the one thing that worries me is our spine. I really hope we don't turn into the bulldogs team ie a good forward back, good outside backs, but not the right spine to create points and build pressure. Ponga will probably turn out being great, but it might take a while. Levi also has potential but could go either way or be a middle of the road player. Plodkinson is ordinary and Lamb currently is so so. The spine is where you want a lot of experience to guide the team around and we have 3 members of our spine who are 20 odd and one who is over the hill.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Steel City podcast reckon Starling is carrying a tonne of injuries and wont be signed. They did a bit on who we should resign and his name came up so i assume he was only on a 1 year deal

Re the spine. You forgot about Watson who will be our 5/8. That kid can create plenty

Spot On

Coach
I'd love to know where the 3 new props are coming from. I have no doubt Brown and Mooney have them picked out. I just want to know who they are.

PhilGould

Bench
Not sure Brown & Mooney even know who they are yet. If Graham comes back in-form they'll probably have a go at him. Other than that it's probably just a waiting game to see who gets squeezed out.

Spot On

Coach
Not sure Brown & Mooney even know who they are yet. If Graham comes back in-form they'll probably have a go at him. Other than that it's probably just a waiting game to see who gets squeezed out.

I think they'd have a very good idea.

The recruitment has shown they've been well informed of what is happening at other clubs.

On another note, has Michael Hagan come out yet and given his nod of approval on the way the roster is starting to shape up?????

Old dog

Juniors
I thought Starling would be with us next year no matter who we signed, Brownie likes him, has experience, but alas an injury, not saying I rate him but is our current best three props with Safiati boys, I was thinking we would have him even if reserve grade and fill in due to injury, back to the drawing board.

Spot On

Coach
I'm not with you there Dog. I think Starling has given his all when on the paddock, which is more than a few of his predecessors gave, but it is well short of being good enough to get a further gig. I reckon he's one of those cases where by if you give his heart to say a Korbin Sims type he'd be a world beater and vice virsa.

Just my opinion.

Old dog

Juniors
If Starling is out, not to be signed we have only gained a little in props, more important than ever to sign another with experience, mid to late 20's for experience and maturity. We will keep one or two of current brigade, can't sign too many outsiders, not enough quality. King will be here, rest Pauli, Stockwell looking more likely.

Old dog

Juniors
I'm not with you there Dog. I think Starling has given his all when on the paddock, which is more than a few of his predecessors gave, but it is well short of being good enough to get a further gig. I reckon he's one of those cases where by if you give his heart to say a Korbin Sims type he'd be a world beater and vice virsa.

Just my opinion.
Agreed

PhilGould

Bench
What do people think of Adam Blair? His numbers are nothing special but he's got shitloads of experience and is known to be a great leader.

macavity

Referee
Vete, Kaufusi and Terepo would be my picks for off-contract props, without being confident any of them are going to be starter-worthy.

Gower is TERRIBLE...

I think our prop additions for next year are not on that list though. 6 teams will be over the projected cap and need to release players. We are the only team with serious cash left. We can afford to be making demands.