What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Caped Crusader

Juniors
We should at least be making Lichha an offer to his worth, got away with Levi for full season 2017 but what happens if injured serious in 2018. Good a player as Griffin is and the emerging talent of Starling the hooking position worries me. We will have highly paid players in res. in other positions so why not hooker and it will put pressure on Levi to perform and develop further.
Who do we have on First grade money in Reggies?

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I know carney is a idiot,but he is still a great footballer.lets get him on the cheap for depth in the halves,he even said he will do anything to get in the nrl even a train on contract.we could get him for peanuts, with the obvious behaviour clauses in his contract.i believe he wont play up anymore cause he will be completely screwed if he does.no real risks in this one with plenty of upside for us .
Carney is cooked. His hamstrings are gone and quite frankly, hes no where near the player who left Australia

Big no thanks

Carney is cooked. His hamstrings are gone and quite frankly, hes no where near the player who left Australia

Big no thanks
Yeah you are right a player for a $100,000 a year is not worth a look at his calibre. He not as cooked as you think,if brock or watson was injured im pretty sure you would pick him over hodko.like i said a cheap halfs depth option nothing more.

Still Nutty

Juniors
I know carney is a idiot,but he is still a great footballer.lets get him on the cheap for depth in the halves,he even said he will do anything to get in the nrl even a train on contract.we could get him for peanuts, with the obvious behaviour clauses in his contract.i believe he wont play up anymore cause he will be completely screwed if he does.no real risks in this one with plenty of upside for us .

I think above anything else, he wouldn't fit the culture Brownie and Mooney are trying to develop...so money/cost wouldn't be the issue for them, he just wouldn't be something they'd want to dabble with at this point in the squad's development IMHO.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Yeah you are right a player for a $100,000 a year is not worth a look at his calibre. He not as cooked as you think,if brock or watson was injured im pretty sure you would pick him over hodko.like i said a cheap halfs depth option nothing more.
From I've seen of him in the last 2 seasons of ESL, he is absolutely cooked like a well done steak. I'm no fan of Hodko as a player but I'd certainly have him over Carney

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Carney is a NO from me. He's a shadow of the player who won the Dally M back in 2010. I really don't see what he could possibly bring to our side that would be an improvement on what we already have. Also he's a dickhead, and considering how hard Brown has had to work to get rid of the dickhead culture that we had at our club a couple of years ago this would be a big step back in the direction that we just came from.

All reports des hasler is sacked and they need to lose atleast one more big name player.go hard for klemmer, that the exact foward we need .pipe dreaming but hey thats what we knights fans been doing for the last few years.here's hoping though!

mozza91

Coach
All reports des hasler is sacked and they need to lose atleast one more big name player.go hard for klemmer, that the exact foward we need .pipe dreaming but hey thats what we knights fans been doing for the last few years.here's hoping though!
Absolutely. Give him an offer he can't refuse. He's played all of his First Grade under Hasler and may be very close to him and unhappy about his sacking. We need to go really hard for him.

Willie Ray

Bench
Brownie should throw everything he has left at Klemmer...he's got Newy written all over him...
He's f**kn huge,a rep player,a leader,he's young and the fans will love him...imagine the confidence Levi,Lamb and Ponga get from having this behemoth looking after them.....
And he reminds me of a guy who became a Knights legend back in the nineties....

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I don't think the dogs will let him go but Klemmer would be an amazing pick up. The guy is 23 years old and approaching 100 NRL games and already one of the best middle forwards in the game, and he'll get better with age too. This would be a phenomenal signing if it were to happen. Not that I'm expecting it to or anything.

Willie Ray

Bench
I don't think the dogs will let him go but Klemmer would be an amazing pick up. The guy is 23 years old and approaching 100 NRL games and already one of the best middle forwards in the game, and he'll get better with age too. This would be a phenomenal signing if it were to happen. Not that I'm expecting it to or anything.
Agreed... But we can dream a little and always live in hope

Apey

Staff member
I forgot about a few of the people leaving I've seen mentioned on the Knights page. All up we're losing: Gagai, Wardle, Pauli Pauli, Feeney, Mataora, Randell, Paea, Tupou I think? Besides Kostjacyn retiring which was a given a fair while ago now.

Swarzey

Bench
Starling is calling it quits too.
Also, heard a few things about Latrell Mitchell wanting out of the Roosters for a few weeks. Today's story about wanting an upgrade might give it an ounce of credibility.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Hoffman is a bit take it or leave it for me, he's not the player he once was but what he would deliver off the field is probably more valuable than what he would on it. That being said I'm fairly happy with our back row as it is and I'm not sure if Hoffman makes the top 17 any better. I don't think we've actually been linked to him though right? So I don't think we'll actually go after him anyway.