What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Old dog

Juniors
Speaking of goals, who would kick if Hodko leaves or is playing reserves and Lamb gets injured, we are not strong on goal kickers.

PhilGould

Bench
Tyrone has shown his versatility with Titans, would be good buy, type we need, plays several positions well, especially in the halves, kicks well in open play as well as goals.
Forgive my ignorance but why did he leave in the first place that now he would want to come back, was it a money thing?
He was told by the club that he would be in reserve grade behind Mullen & Hodkinson if he stayed. He wanted to stay but eventually cracked and looked elsewhere.

He and his partner's families both still live in Newcastle so there's always a chance he'll want to come back at some stage, but he doesn't fit anywhere in our top 17 at the moment and his ambition is to be a regular first grader. He'll end up in England from what I've heard.

Last edited:

Joel-22

Juniors
He was told by the club that he would be in reserve grade behind Mullen & Hodkinson if he stayed. He wanted to stay but eventually cracked and looked elsewhere.

He and his partner's families both still live in Newcastle so there's always a chance he'll want to come back at some stage, but he doesn't fit anywhere in our top 17 at the moment and his ambition is to be a regular first grader. He'll end up in England from what I've heard.

Heard the same thing today

Still Nutty

Juniors

Good luck to him then....I actually reckon he will be a bit of a gun and go pretty well in the ESL, if that's where he ends up

Burwood

Bench
Hard to get too excited by his signature. Hopefully he’s going to be playing the same role as Newton and Tupou in their final year with us- an old head in NSW Cup for the young guys and a solid player to cover injuries/suspension/rep duty (haha) when needed.

Old dog

Juniors
Think he will play prop in reserves, mentor the young, can't see us needing him in backrow with those coming through. He plays hard so will do our young brigade good.

Ponga has had to pull out of a NZ Maori team to get his shoulder right. So much for Paul Green saying he just had a sore shoulder.

Although in saying that i do agree with people saying that while your out their you need to at least try and look like your not hurt although hes only 19 so hopefully he gets better at that.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I'm happy with this signing, more for what he'll provide off the field than on it. I don't expect him to be in our top 17 but when injuries inevitably strike he'll be a good back up to have and will hopefully toughen our side up a bit as well.

Special K

Coach
Heighno is a great signing and will play more than you guys expect. He is a great middle defender and takes the shitty hit ups nobody wants. If we didn't have Gallen(36) and Lewis(34) in our pack and have a need to get younger we would of kept him.

He is also a tremendous trainer and leader off the field. He will fill your young forwards with confidence, bring your club together off the field and set an example with his professionalism. I was extremely against his signing originally but he won me over. He is perfect for a club full of youngsters and having the ability to bring a guy with 300 games off the bench will provide you a huge benefit. Watch the improvement and confidence in your forwards with him, Lillyman and Guerra around.

Yosh

Coach
Looks like we have a good range of ages in the forward back. I think extra experience would have gotten us those 4 to 5 extra wins we could have had this year (close games). If we do improve slightly and get those couple more wins, finishing 8th would definitely not be out of the question next season.

Johns Magic

Referee
Anyone got a decent source on how much $ we still have to spend under the cap? I'm still holding out for a king-pin signing.