What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Joel-22

Juniors
As is often the case I find myself agreeing with everything Spot On has said but the one caveat is this:

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Tautau Moga
4.Joey Leilua
5.Shaun Kenny Dowell

is one very big, strong and aggressive backline. If that backline clicked I think it has the potential to be one of the better backlines the club has ever fielded.
But Joey is a lazy merkin with a merkin attitude, so no thanks. But we definitely need to get serious about finding a centre

PhilGould

Bench
If Hayne goes back to Parra I'd be trying to get Jennings from them. He's getting on a bit but still quality in attack and a strong defender.

Curtis Scott and Joseph Manu are off contract for 2019 and I'll be shocked if we don't have a crack at one or both of them.

Pedge1971

First Grade
What has Jennings done that even rivals Joey's bullshit? Not arguing, just have not heard about it.

Last edited:

Old dog

Juniors
I like Jennings, quality centre if he came available I would suggest we go hard after him, not so Joey unless it was a 1year with conditions with options in our favour but still a risk

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I saw something flash up on Facebook that stated mansour wants out of the Panthers. 100% would want him at the knights. Move SKD to centers and play mansour on wing = backline complete

Yes please.

On another note, I noticed that for the first half of the year, people on here were pushing for Ross to be our centre. Now all I see is that people want him on the wing. What's changed?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Yes please.

On another note, I noticed that for the first half of the year, people on here were pushing for Ross to be our centre. Now all I see is that people want him on the wing. What's changed?

For me I still think Ross is our best option at centre if we don't sign a replacement for Gagai. I know SKD has played centre before but his defence is a bit suspect at centre whereas I think Rossy is a bit more solid in that area.

Ideally we get a decent first grade centre prior to the start of next season and we can have Ross/SKD as our wingers.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Yes please.

I, for one have always thought/said he isn't really a centre for mine (or fullback for that matter, although I admit he was good in the reggies) His best position is on the wing - he is a top quality finisher, reasonably competent under a high ball, decent defensively on the wing and a good ball runner out of our red zone on early tackles. They are his strengths and the best value he brings to the Knights

Pedge1971

First Grade
Pearce has been reported as a done deal at Manly with Blake Green off ti the Warriors.

Seens like we have missed the boat on the halfback musical chairs...

Now go get a centre and another front rower. Ben Murdoch Masala is underrated and went to super league too early

Glendale

Juniors
Unfortunately he's not honouring his 4 year 30 million dollar contract with us he'll be playing for Sydney University in the Shute Shield instead.
Source - The Courier Mail.

I heard he’s signed with the Roosters to be part of their development squad.

PhilGould

Bench
According to the Daily Telegraph there's a new rule that says clubs have to use at least 95% ($8.93m) of their salary cap every season. At this stage we're only using about $7.4m for next season. No word on what the punishment is if we don't reach 95%, but front-loading contracts to make up the money is allowed so I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Also I noticed in some pre-season photos that Brent Naden is with the Knights now. He's a big, athletic centre who captained Penrith to an u/20's premiership a few years ago. Think he's had some off-field trouble but he could be a handy pickup.

aqua_duck

Coach
According to the Daily Telegraph there's a new rule that says clubs have to use at least 95% ($8.93m) of their salary cap every season. At this stage we're only using about $7.4m for next season. No word on what the punishment is if we don't reach 95%, but front-loading contracts to make up the money is allowed so I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Also I noticed in some pre-season photos that Brent Naden is with the Knights now. He's a big, athletic centre who captained Penrith to an u/20's premiership a few years ago. Think he's had some off-field trouble but he could be a handy pickup.
Naden was a highly sought after junior a few years ago but apparently has a bit of an attitude problem. Hopefully he realises sooner or later he's on last chance saloon

PhilGould

Bench
Another note from the DT article: Matt Lodge could’ve earned around $400k per season at the Knights but chose to sign for minimum wage with Brisbane.

Glendale

Juniors
Another note from the DT article: Matt Lodge could’ve earned around $400k per season at the Knights but chose to sign for minimum wage with Brisbane.

I really don’t know what to make of Brown/Mooney/Wests throwing 400k at this bloke... interesting to say the least.

Spot On

Coach
Well, it tells me is that he's very highly rated as a footballer or the reported figure is a complete load of horse shit.

I joked about wanting him a while back just because Bennett did. However, I'm glad we have not signed him due to his personal history. If he's a reformed person then good on him but Bennett can keep an eye on him and baby sit. I'm happy we aren't.

I find that 400K figure we apparently offered utterly ridiculous and don't believe it at all. The bloke is 1.6 million or so in the hole and he forgoes 300K approx a season. Please.

Last edited:

Latest posts