What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I was reading on twitter today that we signed Jarryd Hayne's 16yo cousin Josh Thompson. Apparently this kid is already 110kg so he sounds like a beast.

He's on a scholarship with us for a couple of years apparently. Will probably be a couple of years before we know if he's likely to be a first grader or not.

Anyway could be one to watch for the future.

Joel-22

Juniors
Add Jermaine McGillvary.

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Shaun Kenny Dowell
4.Tautau Moga
5.Jermaine McGillvary
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Jacob Lillyman
9.Danny Levi
10.Alex Walmsley
11.Jamie Buhrer
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Herman Ese'ese
15.Danial Saifiti
16.Jacob Saifiti
17.Lachlan Fitzgibbon/Sione Mata'utia/Slade Griffin/Chris Heighington

mozza91

Coach
We’re already a perennial failure without adding a bunch of Poms to the mix.
Jokes. Would take both of those guys in a heartbeat, Walmsley is an absolute beast.

Burwood

Bench
Transfer fees are included in the salary cap, so a lot of NRL clubs may baulk at signing Walmsley. Would be a zero issue for us, however.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Add Jermaine McGillvary.

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Shaun Kenny Dowell
4.Tautau Moga
5.Jermaine McGillvary
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Jacob Lillyman
9.Danny Levi
10.Alex Walmsley
11.Jamie Buhrer
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Herman Ese'ese
15.Danial Saifiti
16.Jacob Saifiti
17.Lachlan Fitzgibbon/Sione Mata'utia/Slade Griffin/Chris Heighington

McGillvary is a bit of a Uate type though. Shakey under the high ball and his defencive reads can be a bit iffy. Personally, Id prefer to go after Watkins and leave SKD on the wing. Watkins is a great attacking player who can set up his outside man. Solid defence too

Walmsley is a great prospect

Still Nutty

Juniors
Pearce has been reported as a done deal at Manly with Blake Green off ti the Warriors.

Seens like we have missed the boat on the halfback musical chairs...

Now go get a centre and another front rower. Ben Murdoch Masala is underrated and went to super league too early

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...sis-with-unahappy-player-20171118-gzo7t2.html

It's a Danny Weidler article, so reader beware but...I noted he isn't linked to the Knights anymore by Weidler - so maybe it means he's coming her now :p:

Mitchell Pearce feels Roosters betrayed him as club faces PR crisis with unhappy player

by Danny Weidler

Deep down the Roosters were hoping Mitchell Pearce would recommit to the club during his holiday in New York and Hawaii. It didn't happen.

Now they are looking for a positive attitude when he turns up to training this week. Without it he may as well ask for a release.

I hear Pearce is still angry with the Roosters. He feels betrayed and the trust he had in the club will be hard to rebuild.

The Roosters are coming to realise they are in for a PR nightmare when it comes to Pearce.

If he stays, there will be pressure on Cooper Cronk should the club stumble. Critics will be calling for the club to reinstate Pearce as chief playmaker. If Pearce goes and succeeds elsewhere, the Roosters will have to wear that, too.

It's lucky Cronk is of strong character. He has adopted his new team already. As he was greeting Roosters and Kangaroos teammate Boyd Cordner he was heard to say "yeah the tricolours". But Cronk has done a lot more than just crack gags with his new teammates. He has also been proactive, calling Pearce to explain why he wants him to stay at the club.

"Those conversations will remain private," Cronk said. "But one of the attractive things about going to that footy club is to play with Mitchell."

Pearce has been bombarded by messages of support from his teammates, telling him they are in his corner and they want him to stay.

"I've been in contact with him whilst he's been on holidays and I didn't want to grill him," Cordner said. "I wanted him to get away from it all, but I've been checking in. It's probably going to be a big week for him. But everyone at the Roosters would love to see him stay. He is a Rooster. At the same time, I understand what he is going through and I'll support him 100 per cent. At the moment he is a Rooster and we hope it stays that way."

Pearce has been overwhelmed by the support from teammates. They clearly believe he is the heartbeat of the club. Pearce has also been flattered by calls from the likes of Paul Gallen and other Sharks players encouraging him to move to the Shire. Manly are also quietly confident they will snare him. But others say Pearce should look outside Sydney – at Melbourne, Townsville or Brisbane – and make a name for himself there. Those clubs have been powerhouses and going to a big, strong club should he leave the Roosters is considered a wise move.

The Roosters will sit down with Pearce in the next few days.

Meanwhile, Luke Keary doesn't want to miss a piece of the pie. If Pearce and Cronk are at the club there won't be huge dollars for Keary who will command a fat deal. It's thought the Gold Coast may have been sniffing around Keary hoping that he will leave. Keary is in talks with the Roosters to extend his stay.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Oh well it is what it is, we were never likely with Manly being in the mix.

Now that the speculation is over we need to make Lamb a re-signing priority.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Its for the best really

He would have been a great addition to our club but when it came to origin time, and his inevitable selection for nsw, him being at my club would have made it tougher for me to rip him apart for being a useless nuffy once again

mozza91

Coach
Its for the best really

He would have been a great addition to our club but when it came to origin time, and his inevitable selection for nsw, him being at my club would have made it tougher for me to rip him apart for being a useless nuffy once again
A tragedy Manly fans must now learn to deal with. Unless they’re like Chooks fans with their loser denial and try to pretend he’s not playing like shit.

Rod

Bench
Shame we probably won't get Pearce. Combine him with Watson and Ponga and that's a genuine top 8 contender.

It certainly looks that way with green being released,but he wants 7 jersey and we will trump anybody offer by a country mile.2 million up our sleeve ,money talks ! Curious how much they were paying for green they could not have to much coin to offer pearce.

Glendale

Juniors
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/4f2daf782a5aeef907b370eccda845a2

Read this and laugh/weep.

Maloney let the cat out of the bag about a 200k TPA that had to be organised by Penrith before his deal could go through and now the NRL are investigating it.

So unless a player accidentally reveals it to the media, every TPA deal that is so obviously organised by the club is ok is it? Wake up, this is quite obviously the case with every transfer across the NRL. God it is such a fiasco these days.

Spot On

Coach
This is what happens when monkeys run the NRL.

Maloney was also a key figure in the RLPA and NRL talks. Geez. The players seemingly got what they wanted which I think was a bit too much and as we are learning re salary cap expenditure, a bit bloody stupid.

Simply publish the players salary and TPA deals to at least keep some sort of honesty in the system. I know shady tpa deals will still be done and the rules around them broken but it should help show what the real salary cap is for the teams at the very least.

Last edited: