What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Burwood

Bench
He could only come to the team as a winger, especially since he wouldn’t be joining the squad until part way through the 2018 season.

I also feel that SKD and Ross are quality enough wingers to help us challenge for a premiership in a couple of years time if they are playing outside of Moga and another quality centre that we are chasing. Having Semi and Ross playing outside of Moga and SKD wouldn’t result in as strong a team in my opinion.

Spot On

Coach
Semi is a freak. Sign him up. I'm confident if Brown wants him to play centre that he can't be any worse in defence than what we've had. I think he'd pick it up quickly anyway.

Will be interesting also to see what will happen at Manly now there seems to be a big cap issue.

macavity

Referee
Semi is a freak. Sign him up. I'm confident if Brown wants him to play centre that he can't be any worse in defence than what we've had. I think he'd pick it up quickly anyway.

Will be interesting also to see what will happen at Manly now there seems to be a big cap issue.

They will get rid of a few nuffies and be fine

And agree on Semi.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
At the right price I'd be stoked to get him, but also I won't be too disappointed if we miss out. A lot of it will be reflected on more later with hindsight. I for one haven't given up on the idea of Sione being a quality centre at the club. He was apparently a world beater in his junior days, which gives me hope that he'll make the step up and be quality. Sione is only 21 and has been treated poorly so far by coaches. It must be so hard being shoveled around from fullback, to wing, to centre to backrow, all by the age of 19/20. I'd like to see the coach give him a fair run at centre and see how he goes. His current size does worry me a touch though as being built like a forward will most likely impact his lateral movement.

Long story short, my desire to sign Semi is largely reliant on how Sione goes in the backs. If he fails I would have wished the club signed him. If Sione goes really well, then I would have wished the club strengthened other positions.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
He’d be an idiot to go to manly right now. They are a shambles.

The article says the clubs want to keep negotiations low key because there are already halves in place at these clubs. So judging by that he isn’t going to be slotting into a first grade spot anyway. Staying at the knights seems like a more appealing option to me.

Old dog

Juniors

Yosh

Coach
I'm slowly warming to the idea of Sione to centre. He won't let anyone down defensively and if we get some strike wingers like Ross or Radrada outside him, could be a deadly combo.

Yosh

Coach
Cogger for Morris? That sounds like an awesome deal. Seems like the sorta deals we were on the wrong end of for many years. If management pulls that off, even though Morris isn't what he used to be, we'd be a sure thing for top 8 and if we stay healthy, I might even say we're top 4.

Old dog

Juniors
Unless we can swing a deal similar to mentioned above we should make Cogger stay and fulfill his contract. No point in releasing him if no benefit to us, deal or it's no deal.
Keep in mind if Cogger goes then Hodko plays reserves and becomes an option for firsts if injury. Keeping Cogger, if no deal, gives a year to see how Johns, Pythian etc develop.