What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

slotmachine

First Grade
Old boys day 2011 v South's 31k. Think Aku bagged 4 tries that day.

29k v dragons and dogs in 2012.

Nothing close since.

Round 1 might go close

Spot On

Coach
You can’t buy tickets yet to any NRL match. We have only 10,000ish members. So Gardeners claim that the first match is close to a sell out is false.

I don't think he said the first game is close to a sell out Burns. He said it was tracking for a near capacity crowd.

Burns

First Grade
But how can it be tracking when there is no means to purchase tickets until probably late February?
I’m being padentic, but the comments are just flat out wrong. Sure interest and buzz for the game may be pointing towards a sell out/high attendance but there is no hard figure you assume at the moment.

We got shy of 22,000 last year against the Roosters which I think was our highest crowd all year.

We haven't stood in the way of letting players go who don't want to be at the club. That seems to have changed but I still think we should stick with it and let Cogger go for both our sakes.
Cogger is a bit different in that he'd like to stay but there is no immediate or reasonable chance he can get a first grade run.
I doubt we can convince him that "in the future if...".
We knew, and Brown said ages ago when we started to blood the young guys, that some won't make it and we'd lose some we wanted to keep.
Give Cogger a better chance somewhere else I reckon.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Didn’t want to start a seperate thread about this so I’m putting it here.
Just watched on fox sports a game from round 24 1999, us v dragons, such a good game to watch, no wrestle, free flowing footy, Johns boys, Gids, Albert, craigie, peden, bedsy, butts, grief.
It was an exciting game too, flick pass from Gids to Albert to give us the win in the last few minutes, ahh the good old days.

mozza91

Coach
One of the best games I’ve seen. I watched one of our games against Illawarra from 1998 yesterday and it was brilliant. There was plenty of errors but the ball movement was fantastic.

The quality of the game was at its absolute peak during the late 90’s and we were one of the best to watch. I wish I was older back then so I could’ve appreciated it more.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/...s/news-story/8e52e8e315e3a8b99320d4defdadd7ed

Ok. Throwing this out there for consideration just because we need outside backs - Julian Savea. Big, strong, fast, athletic. Seems unwanted by the All Blacks so looking at options including league.

He is bound to get a better deal in French Club Rugby but as a hypothetical would like to know what people think. Yes/no? If yes, at what price?
A big yes

The kid can play. Hes spent most of his career on the wing in Union though

Yosh

Coach
There are rumours Savea has a bad attitude and a poor work ethic. It was a big Part of the reason he was dropped form the all blacks

How do you become the near record try scorer for the All Blacks if you have a poor attitude and poor work ethic? He must be hell of a talent.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
How do you become the near record try scorer for the All Blacks if you have a poor attitude and poor work ethic? He must be hell of a talent.
Because he plays on the wing of the best rugby team in history, he is a beast of an athlete, but is very lazy, and very about himself.

A prime Aku would of scored 60+ on that team from 2012-17

Rod

Bench
I haven't heard anything about Savea being lazy or having a poor attitude. If that was the case he wouldn't have lasted 1 year in the ABs let alone 6. His weaknesses are reliability under the high ball and lack of a kicking game (last one obviously not much of an issue in league).

His dropping from the team is more to do with the life cycle of an ABs winger than anything else. Even our best wingers generally only have a few years at the top because once they hit their late 20s someone younger and faster comes along. Savea has still been playing well enough this year but Rieko Ioane has come along and not only taken his spot but almost won World Rugby Player of the Year.

Yosh

Coach
Because he plays on the wing of the best rugby team in history, he is a beast of an athlete, but is very lazy, and very about himself.

A prime Aku would of scored 60+ on that team from 2012-17

I'm sure the All Blacks have many a talented athletes that could easily have replaced him if that was the case.

As much as I love Aku, he would have been killed in Union. He has terrible positioning, reading and technique in defense. Would have been killed every game.

Wobbles

Juniors
Old boys day 2011 v South's 31k. Think Aku bagged 4 tries that day.

29k v dragons and dogs in 2012.

Nothing close since.

Round 1 might go close

Throwing in an incentive for free admission for kids for that game in the weeks prior Round 1 wouldn't hurt the chances of a full house.

Despite the poor results over recent years the membership base has grown and crowds are still strong. A good start to this season and consistent improvement will only help average crowd numbers to increase.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Sharks also in for Hodko according to Fox Sports News
Please let it be true. If we can manage to get Cronulla to pay half his salary then we will be sitting even prettier when it comes to buying more players this year.

Im so impressed with Brown. To go from a team of overpaid players who didnt put in, to what we have now is quite remarkable in such a short period of time. If we can buy 2 more quality players on top of what Brown has already created, it fills me with great optimism.

Spot On

Coach
Mozza and Slots

You 2 frequent that other league site. Just read some claims (disturbing to say the least) re Warren Ryan, Michael Hagan, Ayoub, Brown snd Gardiner. I don't know the users well at all in there and often opinions are fanciful and uneducated but surely a couple blokes in there making those claims are simply shit stirers and attention seekers??? Would have to be the dumbest comments/claims I've ever read and that is saying something. Have they ever had decent mail?