What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight Vision

First Grade
How far away from first grade is Pasami Saulo ? Never seen him play but heard he is a good prospect.

Herman, Dsaf, Jsaf, TPJ and Saulo ? sounds like a good prop rotation.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
How far away from first grade is Pasami Saulo ? Never seen him play but heard he is a good prospect.

On that note, how has Josh King been going in reserve grade? He showed some real progress last year imo and I don't think he'd be out of place as a first grader down the track.

aqua_duck

Coach

I'd say Saulo is at least another year away from being a valuable contributor, apparently he put on quite abit of muscle in the offseason, if he can replicate that next off season he can definitely be a full time first grader. Right now he'd be someone that I'd look at blooding for 1 or 2 games off the bench just to see where he's at exactly

Glendale

Juniors
On that note, how has Josh King been going in reserve grade? He showed some real progress last year imo and I don't think he'd be out of place as a first grader down the track.

The Reserve Grade game was on Channel 9 last weekend. King was pretty good- he will gets some first grade games this year for sure. Pasami Saulo was OK. The standout for us actually was Junior Roqica, but he's on a second tier deal I think.

Word getting out we are looking at papali!I think this would be a great buy . Perfect big forward that can break the line with ease.i know he a bit off form but he is in his mid 20's and his best years are ahead of him.

Spot On

Coach
Papalii - get him fit, lose a heap of weight, get him off the grog and take his keys off him.

Lol.

Are his days on the edge over??? Into the middle for him?

Papalii - get him fit, lose a heap of weight, get him off the grog and take his keys off him.

Lol.

Are his days on the edge over??? Into the middle for him?
He is only 110 kg ,d safiti is about that! But yeah you are probably right.wondering what forwards are off contract in 2019 that are worth a look at besides the obvious with tevita pangai junior.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Esan Marsters is off contract as well.

Let, Rhino, Lillyman, Jamie B all walk after the season, Sign Pangai Jnr, Josh Pap, Marsters.

Noname36

First Grade
Papalli seems overweight and lazy these days to me, but then so do most of the Raiders players so his fitness/attitude might change away from Canberra.

Old dog

Juniors
King won MoM or players award went well last week, Saulo is down to u/20 this week so might be a problem adjusting to game after full pre season training.

Old dog

Juniors
The Reserve Grade game was on Channel 9 last weekend. King was pretty good- he will gets some first grade games this year for sure. Pasami Saulo was OK. The standout for us actually was Junior Roqica, but he's on a second tier deal I think.
Roqica went well but might be his shock of hair that gets him noticed, looks strong, might be why Saulo dropped back to u/20 at this stage he is better playing and Saulo doesn't miss game time and he will develop into a v/good forward, given a year or so.

Old dog

Juniors
Esan Marsters is off contract as well.

Let, Rhino, Lillyman, Jamie B all walk after the season, Sign Pangai Jnr, Josh Pap, Marsters.
Can see first two walking, age alone, but would like to keep Buhrer, think his 1st grade games will be very limited, need experienced forwards/mentors and he still has a couple of years left and is a handy backup if we get some injuries, which will happen but we could certainly do with some big boys in the team.

Joel-22

Juniors
Of the players who are off-contract i'd look at:

Tevita Pangai Junior
Shannon Boyd
Josh Papalli
Junior Paulo
Leeson Ah Mau
Blake Ferguson
Esan Marsters

And I'd re-sign Lamb, Sione, Sio, King and Meaney.

Ideally:

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Sione Mata'utia
4.Tautau Moga
5.Shaun Kenny Dowell
6.Brock Lamb
7.Mitchell Pearce
8.Herman Ese'ese
9.Slade Griffin
10.Shannon Boyd
11.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Connor Watson
15.Daniel Saifiti
16.Tevita Pangai Junior
17.Jacob Saifiti

That's a big, aggressive, skilful pack.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Of the players who are off-contract i'd look at:

Tevita Pangai Junior
Shannon Boyd
Josh Papalli
Junior Paulo
Leeson Ah Mau
Blake Ferguson
Esan Marsters

And I'd re-sign Lamb, Sione, Sio, King and Meaney.

Ideally:

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Sione Mata'utia
4.Tautau Moga
5.Shaun Kenny Dowell
6.Brock Lamb
7.Mitchell Pearce
8.Herman Ese'ese
9.Slade Griffin
10.Shannon Boyd
11.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Connor Watson
15.Daniel Saifiti
16.Tevita Pangai Junior
17.Jacob Saifiti

That's a big, aggressive, skilful pack.
I like it, thats a side capable of challenging for the title

Old dog

Juniors
I think that gun sharks centre needs to prove he is a gun,mill wait and see, hope he is as it will give us more choices in the back 5.