What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Swarzey

Bench
Good. Only concern I have is the usual "will he perform well outside of the Storm system" but Griffin has been tremendous so it's not impossible.

I believe his stats last year were better than anyone in our pack and that's coming off the bench.

Old dog

Juniors
Those that don't like him are basically after a big angry prop which we can still get if available and also he is QLD and Storm, hard for some to get over that, I see him as a direct exchange for Lillyman, slightly better with a few years left in him and a good work rate

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Glasby is a good piece to have in the puzzle, obviously we'd like to have a couple of forwards capable of dominating a game and Glasby is not that but he'll get through his work, tackle well and run well and will punch out some reliable numbers. He'll probably play bigger minutes than he is now so hopefully we'll get good value from him.

Fingers crossed we can still land a couple of big angry beef-cakes because there's no denying we still need a few guys like that.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Not going to happen but I can dream:

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Jesse Ramien
4.Tautau Moga
5.Shaun Kenny Dowell
6.Connor Watson
7.Mitchell Pearce
8.David Klemmer
9.Slade Griffin
10.Martin Taupau
11.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Herman Ese'ese

14.Danny Levi
15.Tevita Pangai Junior
16.Daniel Saifiti
17.Leeson Ah Mau

I'd probably suck somebody's dick just to see that side run out in knights' colours
If you got all of those players, you would have to play TPJ at lock. It would be one of the best packs in the comp and a great bench too. If you guys can manage to get any 2 of TPJ, Klemmer or Taupau, that would transform your team overnight. I want Saints to buy either TPJ or Taupau, but doubt we will get either. There is talk that Easts are going hard for Taupau and Parra are also, while the mail is that TPJ is staying in Brissy. The least our clubs can do is push their price up.

Frank Facer

First Grade
If clubs respected what players said in the media then you'd have a lot more 1-club players. If TPJ is dead set then that's fine, he won't accept any offers we put in and all is well. To say we should stop offering his manager contracts because TPJ told the papers he wants to stay in Brisbane is a bit stupid and naive even. Hell, our recruitment manager should be sacked if that was enough to stop him chasing.

The fact is that he hasn't signed any contract yet. If he's so adamant to stay in Brissie, you'd think it would be an easy one to get over the line for an extension. He's exactly what we need, so I expect those in charge of our recruitment to chase him until he's no longer on the market. Pretty simple, really.
And the papers that said that TPJ wants to stay in Brisbane are probably owned by the same people that own the Broncos.

Noname36

First Grade
Toohey is pretty much always on the mark so I’ll take his word for it. Glasby isn’t going to win us any games but that’s great value for a bloke with his experience. We’ll certainly find plenty of use for him anyway.

Now someone that can bend the line/offload please and I’ll be very happy with how we’re shaping up.

mozza91

Coach
Not sure about this one. Half a million for an honest toiler?

Would rather go after a Taupau or Klemmer someone who can win you a game.

Swarzey

Bench
$450k for a QLD rep forward is too much? Good lord, it's a good thing that some of you aren't managing our signings because we wouldnt be signing anyone at all.

slotmachine

First Grade
Why are people even talking about klemmer and taupau?

Jacob Lillyman was a QLD rep last year too.

Would be nice to be getting even 75% of what he was doing at the warriors last year. Reckon that bicep tear might have been too much to come back from for an old bloke

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The fact is we can't just sign anyone who's still under contract elsewhere unless their club is shopping them and around and the Tapau/Klemmer thing seems to just be a rumour at this point.

slotmachine

First Grade
In that case we should go hard for taumalolo.

Ah mau - warriors
Boyd - Titans?
Glasby - knights
Lodge - broncs
Paulo - eels
TPJ - broncs
Papalli - raiders or Souths
Wallace - Titans
Korbin Sims - some qld cup side

Not much left really. Soliola? Have to hope a club gets a case of the dumbs like the roosters at the end of the year and pushes a quality player out.