What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Old dog

Juniors
Was only thinking Meaney to come back in reserves and be ready to play, don't see any change in our back 5 except injury, I have been pleasantly surprised by them. Meaneys chance can wait for 2019.

Burwood

Bench
This Glasby chap (I don't watch much Storm games), does he have much ball playing ability? I keep hearing negative things about the lad but there must be a reason he played Origin and has been playing in the Storm system a while right? Is his defense decent as well? Probably a really professional player at least right?

Glasby was chosen for QLD because of Cameron Smith. He’s the very definition of vanilla- the Ken Sio of forwards (well, before ‘that’ game...).

He’s all of the cliches- does the 1%ers, consistent, professional trainer, never lets the team down etc.

Every team needs a Glasby or two, but as has been pointed out, you also need a forward or two that compliments that style of player. Someone with aggression and a bit of ball-playing ability. We don’t have that yet, but hopefully in the next month or so we will.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
We don’t need to rush, we have cap space, lets keep that to our advantage, The Bulldogs will have to release someone at some point, lets be there for that, Mbye or Klemmer would be fantastic.

macavity

Referee
The Dogs need to move a well paid player, the biggest market would be for Klemmer. Could get us (or prob Eels) to take the entire contract.

They would have to chip in to move Mbye.

Same reason Taupau might be the one to move from Manly.

I still see Napa and JWH as more likely - Roosters to sign who they want then release players to make it work.

Spot On

Coach
Still be a shock if they have to lose Klemmer Mac. Possibly the only bloke they have that they must keep. The only other bloke I'd really rate there is that backrower Elliott who is quickly becoming a very good player and improved out of sight since last season. Mariner goes aright as well.

Noname36

First Grade
Out of all the props available the one I’d give my left nut for would be Tapau.

I want him over Klemmer and TPJ even.

Just can’t see him here though.

Noname36

First Grade
People saying we should target the Morris bros and Mbye...

We could have the best backs in the world (okay we probably do have one of the best in the world already) but they’re not going to be able to do a whole heap without space.

None of the Morris bros or Mbye would come completely cheap and chasing them will just lower our chances of getting decent props which is our biggest need area by far.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Tapau is a machine, he's probably been the form prop in the NRL this year. He and Jake T have carried Manly this year. He would make us a top 8 side in a pinch (if Pearce was fit) and possibly top 4 next year.

Frank Facer

First Grade
The Dogs need to move a well paid player, the biggest market would be for Klemmer. Could get us (or prob Eels) to take the entire contract.

They would have to chip in to move Mbye.

Same reason Taupau might be the one to move from Manly.

I still see Napa and JWH as more likely - Roosters to sign who they want then release players to make it work.
I agree with everything you said. I hadn't thought of Easts signing some other props and then releasing the likes of Napa or JWH. Now that you mention it, they could possibly sign both Taupau and Klemmer and then release one of Napa or JWH. There is talk that Easts are trying to get Taupau to them this season, I recall reading/hearing that they still have close to 1 mil left under the salary cap this year. I want Saints to sign one or 2 of Pangai, Taupau, Klemmer or Haas, but I know we will be lucky to get one of them.

Spot On

Coach
Andrew Webster just reported the Dogs have 25 players contracted for 2019 with 500K left in cap for the last 5 players.

macavity

Referee
I agree with everything you said. I hadn't thought of Easts signing some other props and then releasing the likes of Napa or JWH. Now that you mention it, they could possibly sign both Taupau and Klemmer and then release one of Napa or JWH. There is talk that Easts are trying to get Taupau to them this season, I recall reading/hearing that they still have close to 1 mil left under the salary cap this year. I want Saints to sign one or 2 of Pangai, Taupau, Klemmer or Haas, but I know we will be lucky to get one of them.

Saints have the best pack in the comp by a long way, you don’t need them...

Old dog

Juniors
Andrew Webster just reported the Dogs have 25 players contracted for 2019 with 500K left in cap for the last 5 players.
That would mean that if any of the five they want to sign are any good then an offer of 100K+ from say us would be a likely result, not likely to be good though.

Burwood

Bench

Hopefully it is closer to Kent’s numbers he was throwing around a few days ago- $800,000 to spend on 11 players. Impossible with a minimum wage of $85,000

Latest posts