What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

PhilGould

Bench
He shut down Latrell pretty well all game a few weeks ago which is more than we can say for our current right centre.

macavity

Referee
Ah Mau signed with the Worriers.

TPJ literally the last prop worth feeding left on the market... we might be a slight chance if the Broncos punt Bennett.

Brown and Mooney have rocks in their heads if they are confident heading in to 2019 starting Herman and a pot plant.

Spot On

Coach

TPJ literally the last prop worth feeding left on the market... we might be a slight chance if the Broncos punt Bennett.

Brown and Mooney have rocks in their heads if they are confident heading in to 2019 starting Herman and a pot plant.

A few more years of that rubbish and we can wave goodbye to Ponga.

I'd be f**ked if he'd enjoy playing behind a pack of marshmallows any longer than 3 seasons.

Noname36

First Grade

What on earth makes you think they’re confident with the current prop stocks? All Brown has talked about for the past 3 years is trying to sign props but them all rejecting us. We can’t force them to sign.

macavity

Referee
What on earth makes you think they’re confident with the current prop stocks? All Brown has talked about for the past 3 years is trying to sign props but them all rejecting us. We can’t force them to sign.

We had Wallace ready but baulked at an extra year.

We didn’t even try for Boyd or Paulo (or Papalii).

Don’t worry the great Glasby will save us.

Noname36

First Grade

The same Wallace that everyone here was crying about us chasing because he was too expensive based on the Titans offer? Okay...

TooheysNew

Coach

the f**k gives you the impression they are confident in that? They are anything but.

Yosh

Coach

Management hasn't been perfect but by far the best I've seen in my years following the club (2000 onward).

We have Pearce, Ese'ese and Ponga on the roster and things are looking better overall compared to last couple of years. To be honest, if the Saifiti boys improved as much as we thought they would have, we'd have a pretty great prop rotation. Our best three players this year are all new recruits so I think we need to cut them some slack. Would love to see TPJ join because that guy is a gun but we can't have everything. That Ramien guy seems the goods as well in a position we definitely need upgrading.
Let's not let the loss to the Titans cloud the good work the club has done so far. I think ruling us out of top 8 already is a bit harsh.

Noname36

First Grade
Not saying they are... but they certainly have muffed negotiations this year.

In your opinion.

There were just as many people criticising the idea of us chasing the likes of Wallace and Boyd saying they were too expensive, too lazy, wouldn’t be what we needed, would be a bad investment, etc.

Whatever they do people aren’t going to be happy and it’s just the Knights supporter way to just go to their default setting of attacking coaching/mamangement for things that they can’t help. FFS Brown and Mooney have chased every decent prop available the past 3 years. They can’t force them to sign you know. Despite the good work they’ve already done we’re just not an attractive option to big name players that have another option...and yet Brown and Mooney have still managed to pull off our best recruitment drive ever...but yeah, they’ve muffed it all up...lol...they’re aren’t many recruitment teams that could have got the players they’ve gotten to Newcastle (coming off 3 bloody spoons) I’m telling you that.

Noname36

First Grade
the f**k gives you the impression they are confident in that? They are anything but.

Exactly. Every single comment out of their mouths and every target suggests the complete opposite of them being confident with our current front rower stocks so I have no idea how anyone thinks they’re happy.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
It's pretty clear that the intent to sign the right players is there. The recruitment drive last year was looking pretty bleak too but they turned it around and by the end of the year it was looking pretty good, then we nabbed Pearce in the off season and it turned into a really good recruitment drive.

I think the salary cap situation at the Bulldogs and Sea Eagles will still play out further and we'll see a couple of players come into the market so we'll see what's available at that time.

Dave_

Juniors
We have to look at this realistically. The Saifiti boys are still very young and have been put on notice... you would expect them to have huge off seasons and be much better next year. They are both very unfit/fat and will surely be better next year.

That said, throw the house at TPJ

Spot On

Coach
Yes the twins are young but I hope we aren't saying the same things in 2 to 3 yrs time about them being unfit, soft, slow, lacking aggression etc etc.