What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
No thanks to Farah. Not sure he's the character we want in this rebuilding phase.

I just feel like he'll come here and cause dramas. He is the NSW captain as well, so to think he wont think he's top dog is silly.

I'd rather stick to Clydsdale, Levi and Randell or bring in Ballin to go with them and not Farah.

I honestly doubt the Knights will even enter the race for Farah. It is just pure speculation and the club has yet to comment. He is a class player and would make us stronger in the short term but i would be shattered if we lost Levi due to a backended deal which bled into 2018's cap. Besides Levi is getting an upgrade i believe. I think Brown will be coach and we will hit the ESL looking for players of quality who want a go and won't cost a mint. We could actually give ourselves depth with ESL players. It would not surprise me if Aku is swapped for players from a club over there. There is kid playing for Wigan named Dom Manfridi and he is all class as a winger.

Spot On

Coach
Clydesdale was good v Mlb. Actually kicked twice (yippee) and had a strong game (as did most of them). I'd keep him if that was his base performance and hope he improves and adds more to his attacking game. A decent coach should be aware of this and help his game enormously.

I have good mail we will not even be talking to Farah. Brown is very short odds though to be coach. I will be completely shocked if he is not given the job now. The bells are ringing loud.

Jono078

Referee
Wonder when Brown will be announced. Old Boys day would be good day to bring him in show him what it's all about.

Alex28

Coach
I'm really not convinced anybody would get Farah that cheap. Why would the Tigers wear $500K for 2 years on their salary cap to not play him at their club? It makes no sense.

He wants to stay in Sydney any way. We are no chance.

Yosh

Coach
Question: When did we go from that club that noone wanted to sign for to the club signing all the best names?

Not complaining one bit! It's good to see us advance, all thanks to KnightsRebuild?

I think all squads in the league have weak spots but if we have the spine covered, some great forwards mixed in with good ones and a decent starting backline, we'll be fine.

Misanthrope

Staff member
My issue with the "WE DO NOT NEED A HOOKER AS WE HAVE LEVI" brigade is that it's dangerously Newcastle thinking. We constantly talk up the local guy as a future great and push for him to get the run ahead of established players and then quickly jump off them when they inevitably fail to measure up to our standards.

A year ago people would have been frothing with outrage at the idea of replacing Roberts with a dirty outsider, but people are plenty happy to be seeing the back of him after he showed his true colours.

I'm not saying Levi won't amount to something, but it's poor business to bank our future on a guy maybe meeting his potential.

It's all moot given we can't compete with Souths money, but it's a weird old world when we'd turn down the hypothetical signing of the best NSW hooker because we might have a good player coming through the ranks.

slotmachine

First Grade
^ That.

A lot of concern is obviously around his attitude, but imo he doesn't suffer from the typical Newcastle problem of turning up to collect a fat pay cheque. Like Gids, he tries too hard, if anything.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
There's no doubt that he would improve our side but I feel that he would be asking for elite player money and quite frankly I don't think he's played well enough this year to justify that sort of money. Also he seems to have a bit of an attitude and thinks he's entitled, which has been the problem with our club for a number of years so I can only see that adding to the problem rather than solving it. At least with the young hookers we have none of them has really cemented their spot in the team so you would think they would be training the house down in the 2016 pre-season to try and stand out and grab a regular FG spot.

Burwood

Bench
His price tag shouldn't come into the equation. Tigers would be footing most of his contract, similar to how we are paying half of Tyrone's contract next year.

Levi and Cogger signed until the end of 2018. Great news. means our new coach gets three years to bring the best out of both of them. Cogger seems to be Mullo's heir apparent at this stage.

Swarzey

Bench
Not complaining one bit! It's good to see us advance, all thanks to KnightsRebuild?

4726503ae3a67e5648df5f6c39e8d93ee5d42ccc_m.png

Regarding Farah and Levi. We're not a club that can sign a player like Farah while retaining someone who really has shown some excellent signs with third party deals. We just can't balance it either because we don't have the deals to entice young players to stay or we don't have the right management to do so; probably the latter.

Unfortunately it's one or the other. I feel it's best to invest in Clydsdale and Levi.

perverse

Referee
Pretty good effort for the club to re-sign any young half with Hodkinson and Mullen in front of them. I honestly haven't seen Feeney play since NYC... but he was a massive ballhog at that level. The bloke loves to run, I'll give him that... but I literally haven't seen anything else out of his game at all.

Latest posts