What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Lurker reckons we are open to offers for Watsons services. Says we signed him up before we had Pearce, and that we're happy to keep him but also open to other clubs interest. This would give a bit of legs to us chasing Norman. It is the Lurker though, so grains of salt at the ready.

I wouldn't be shattered to see him go. I don't think his game is complete enough to be a great 5/8th... he's "good enough" when Pearce is round, but that's about the limit of it.

Also, Tapine can stay in Canberra at the price they put him at. Not the answer to any of our problems.
Screenshot_20180709-130934_Twitter.jpg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Is Lamb really going THIS badly? That is a big fall from grace...

He was our "star" last season. Is he really going badly enough to not even get time to develop in Reserves?

This is a genuine question. Im out of the counrty, so i have only watched the Highlights this season. Surely he showed enough potential last year to get some leeway during a shitty spell...

Yosh

Coach
With Pearce as half, I'm quite happy to have Watson, a running 5/8th. Watson has done pretty well this season and hopefully he gets better and better and can up his game a be a similar player to English 5/8th who used to play at the Storm but now plays at the Dragons, whose name escapes me at the moment...

Bring it home Knights

First Grade

He was our "star" last season. Is he really going badly enough to not even get time to develop in Reserves?

This is a genuine question. Im out of the counrty, so i have only watched the Highlights this season. Surely he showed enough potential last year to get some leeway during a shitty spell...

Lamb is slow and you can’t coach him to be fast. His defence was also very poor which is another major floor in his game. Whilst personally I don’t mind his kicking and passing game, it’s those other areas that mean im not upset with us letting him go.

Knight Vision

First Grade
[QUOTE="Burwood, post: 13006088, member: 12662"]Lamb is the type of player that Brown is referring to when he talks about being privileged. He should have been making his debut this year as cover for Pearce, not playing first grade two seasons ago. He has never demanded selection like some young halves or players at other clubs- he earned his position each week because no one else was available..[/QUOTE]

I get the feeling that's the problem with a number of our younger players this season.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
It has always seemed like the club has wanted to keep him but from everything that’s been played out in the media it looks like his asking price is too high. The reality is that Brock wouldn’t have even played first grade yet at most other clubs. It’s a shame that he doesn’t have the patience to spend another year or two learning from Pearce and proving his worth rather than getting a bigger payday straight away.

Old dog

Juniors
This talk of Watson being shopped around and giving reason as signed before Pearce has me wondering and recollecting.
Did Pearce during pre or early season make comment on how good a player Lamb was and preferred him at 5/8 to Watson.
Just something in back of mind recalls it being said, if right then do Pearce and Watson get on, this is not a rumour just asking

Old dog

Juniors
He said he was a fan of Lamb and hoped he would stay. Definitely did not say he preferred Lamb to Watson, that would be an idiotic thing for any professional athlete to say about a teammate.
Thanks, recalled something just wasn't sure of the details, my suspicious mind ar work

Bartwah

Juniors
Lurker reckons we are open to offers for Watsons services. Says we signed him up before we had Pearce, and that we're happy to keep him but also open to other clubs interest. This would give a bit of legs to us chasing Norman. It is the Lurker though, so grains of salt at the ready.

I wouldn't be shattered to see him go. I don't think his game is complete enough to be a great 5/8th... he's "good enough" when Pearce is round, but that's about the limit of it.

Also, Tapine can stay in Canberra at the price they put him at. Not the answer to any of our problems.
Anyone that that reads, and even worse believes that blokes dribble, should go sit in the naughty corner

Noname36

First Grade

If Lamb was our “star” last season then it was an even worse state of affairs than I thought.

Swarzey

Bench
Watson has legitimate x-factor in him. Our structures have been shambolic with Pearce out but he's been able to slice through opposition defence with ease on more than one occassion without the need of other players setting it up around him. He can't kick or ball play but we have Ponga to do that. Their combination could be anything. The idea that the club is considering the possibility of moving him on is ridiculous.

Lamb had 3 good games last year. 3. At best, he looked worth keeping around until something better came along or developing further under Pearce. Right now, we're not going to be missing anything and the club could further develop Hoy, Johns and perhaps get an import to experiment with. Maybe he'll develop better elsewhere, who knows but I'm sure some certain flogs will blame the club for being shambolic if he does.

Also LOL at fans on Facebook demanding the club sign Austin. Plays a single good game every once in a blue moon and struggles to keep Sam f**king Williams in reserve grade lmfaoooooo

Old dog

Juniors
I think we are very good with Ponga, Watson and Pearce, and Levi is ok, but our problem seems to be when one or more are missing replacements are obviously not going to be as good, like any team, and the rest of the team struggle without the playmakers calling the shots. The rest of the team need to realise they need to step up, fill the void and have confidence in own ability and trust team mates. Unfortunately we have not had all three of them on the paddock for long enough for those around to settle into there own game. Be nice to finish the season strong, not necessary top 8 but a strong 9-12 faraway from the spoon.

Swarzey

Bench
Levi is a shame. I really thought he, Ponga and Watson could have formed a killer combination busting teams up in the middle and creating some broken play. Doesn't matter who you are, that possibility would have ruined any great defensive side. Maybe with Griffin out for the next year he'll seize the opportunity; just hope his attitude isn't so bad that he'll take the chance instead of just doing "meh" until his contract expires.

I think we can finish stronger than our results recently have suggested. A player of Junior's caliber - especially when he does so much almost perfectly - should make the world of difference. I can see the Warriors capitulating bad, that 8th spot isn't finalised and it's not like the teams above us are super incredibly convincing. It's unlikely but I'm sure we'll finish on a strong, happy note with enough reasons to be excited for 2019 (which really should have always been the expectation this year).

Old dog

Juniors
I think Levi will shine as the number one hooker, freedom of play no stress from Griff unfortunately on sideline, can play his own game knowing the odd mistake will be allowed due to lesser quality replacement.
Bit the same if Cogger and Lamb had played 7 & 6 in firsts for a period of time as previous in reserves and 20's they would have gone ok, not Pearce and Watson standard but better than either have shown.
It's a case of who leads and who follows, bit the same as DanS being top prop to not being starter, loss of confidence, loss of critical position. Once they realise there ability and potential are still there and with youth on there side they will be back, maybe not quite definite firsts but there abouts it's a confidence thing as much as anything else that maturity will fix.

Latest posts