What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Burwood

Bench
Might not be a popular or shared opinion, but TPJ seems to have a bit of dickhead about him. The 80th minute sin binning against Roosters earlier in the year, a few interviews at start of season in regards to the media, the way he carries on at times during games. I think he’s been well and truly “Wayned” and cant see him coming to Newcastle.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Rick Stone signed Tariq Sims for around 600k and he offered the same impact as Dan Tolar in his latter years. Not to mention that the salary cap was less. 600k for TPJ would be a bargain!

Spot On

Coach
Might not be a popular or shared opinion, but TPJ seems to have a bit of dickhead about him. The 80th minute sin binning against Roosters earlier in the year, a few interviews at start of season in regards to the media, the way he carries on at times during games. I think he’s been well and truly “Wayned” and cant see him coming to Newcastle.

Agree here but it could be a case of being over aggressive at times and possibly a maturity thing???? I'm not sure but if we aren't doing everything possible to get him then maybe Brown and Mooney agree with your sentiment.

Burwood

Bench
Agree here but it could be a case of being over aggressive at times and possibly a maturity thing???? I'm not sure but if we aren't doing everything possible to get him then maybe Brown and Mooney agree with your sentiment.

Hopefully it is just a maturity thing and not something that will follow him throughout his career. Would love to see him at the club.

Yosh

Coach
At this point, I'd put out an option statement to all agents of middle forwards. If you show evidence of a contract offer from another club, we'll automatically offer 130% of what they offered as base. Surely that'll get the agents interested and have them in the player's ears.

Dave_

Juniors
600k for TPJ has to be garbage. If fair dink, come in at 800.

Seriously...make this happen. Look at it like this, 600k for the player and 200k just to spite the Donkeys. Great deal imo

Noname36

First Grade
I really don’t think TPJ would come here and it has absolutely nothing to do with money.

He’s spent the last few years with Wayne, Darius and Korbin...all people that have said less than favourable things about the Knights publicly, just imagine what shit they might spray about us in private, all having the common connection with the club from the same time period.

It’s a shame because the Knights are clearly not the same club now that they were during Wayne and Stone’s reign but I say there’s a very negative opinion of us up there and a lot would rub onto TPJ. He seems to have a high option of Wayne too and I’m sure the merkin would be advising him to stay away.

We should be aiming at Tapau...but I get the Sydney thing would again be the issue. Young players with money just don’t want to leave Sydney for Newcastle...especially when they’re some of the few that can acrually afford to invest in the Sydney property market.

Swarzey

Bench
We pretty much need to temper our expectations and swallow some pretty bitter pills about the challenges that face the club regarding certain players.

No point letting our minds run wild over the possibilities. Only leads to disappointment and probably some bitterness, resentment or sth towards the club.

Old dog

Juniors
I really don’t think TPJ would come here and it has absolutely nothing to do with money.

He’s spent the last few years with Wayne, Darius and Korbin...all people that have said less than favourable things about the Knights publicly, just imagine what shit they might spray about us in private, all having the common connection with the club from the same time period.

It’s a shame because the Knights are clearly not the same club now that they were during Wayne and Stone’s reign but I say there’s a very negative opinion of us up there and a lot would rub onto TPJ. He seems to have a high option of Wayne too and I’m sure the merkin would be advising him to stay away.

We should be aiming at Tapau...but I get the Sydney thing would again be the issue. Young players with money just don’t want to leave Sydney for Newcastle...especially when they’re some of the few that can acrually afford to invest in the Sydney property market.
Isn't TPJ and Sione best mates surely common sense prevails, doesn't hisvmanagement say things like, hometown more money, let's get real

Old dog

Juniors
The fact that TPJ is now being shopped should be a indication that all is not well in Broncoland and maybe he is looking elsewhere, Roosters interested, money bid has been raised, looking for something like a club to pay me big bucks, they are playing the market and have done for 6 months or so, I have no doubt he is available at the right (biggest) price, or he could just sign with Broncos on a basic salary, yeah sure.

Noname36

First Grade
Isn't TPJ and Sione best mates surely common sense prevails, doesn't hisvmanagement say things like, hometown more money, let's get real

While Sione and TPJ are best mates I don’t think Sione’s words would hold much weight to him. Sione literally grew up at the Knights and hasn’t played anywhere else... there’d no doubt be a sense of “he doesn’t know any better”.

Spot On

Coach
Apparently the Broncos have given Payne Haas a $3 million - 4 yr deal.

Do Tevita and his manager rate his standing in the game the equal to or better than Haas or is he willing to stay in Brisbane for less than a teenager who has not played 80 mins of NRL yet?

Byron Knight

Juniors

Do Tevita and his manager rate his standing in the game the equal to or better than Haas or is he willing to stay in Brisbane for less than a teenager who has not played 80 mins of NRL yet?

Straight swap for Korbin....

Woosh

Head Moderator

Over 6 years.
Don’t believe everything you read.

Latest posts