What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
So pick a prop you know who can slow down the opposition play-the-ball and see if he works harder than Junior Paulo. I gave you a pretty big list to choose from.

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, I just reckon your work rate stat is useless unless you use it along side tackle winning/play the ball speed stats.

TheRam

Coach
I would sign Dogzilla in a heat beat. Kasiano is exactly the type of big body that we are lacking and need. At the right price $500-$550k he is perfect, if the salary cap goes to $9m as is expected. We have nothing like him and it shows in our lack of easy metres and not being able to breakup tight defenses. Bringing him on at around the 20min mark would almost always turn the game our way.

Players like Bevan and Guth, who have the best anticipation in our squad, would thrive off of him.

He is the only massive body metre maker I can see that will probably be available for next year, if the rumours are correct. We should make a play for him, or it could be ANOTHER missed opportunity.

I would sign Dogzilla in a heat beat. Kasiano is exactly the type of big body that we are lacking and need. At the right price $500-$550k he is perfect, if the salary cap goes to $9m as is expected. We have nothing like him and it shows in our lack of easy metres and not being able to breakup tight defenses. Bringing him on at around the 20min mark would almost always turn the game our way.

Players like Bevan and Guth, who have the best anticipation in our squad, would thrive off of him.

He is the only massive body metre maker I can see that will probably be available for next year, if the rumours are correct. We should make a play for him, or it could be ANOTHER missed opportunity.

I would hope that Fatso would be cheaper that $500k

Gronk

Staff member

No way would I pay fat boy $500k he'd probably have a stroke from his obesity and then we'll have a Watmerkin fight on our hands with the insurance company plus he'd eat all the pies.

Streaker-229x300.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, I just reckon your work rate stat is useless unless you use it along side tackle winning/play the ball speed stats.
So pick someone you know can dominate in the ruck. Compare him to Junior Paulo. Reconsider your opinion of Paulo. Understand why he doesn't play Origin.

Noise

Coach
So pick someone you know can dominate in the ruck. Compare him to Junior Paulo. Reconsider your opinion of Paulo. Understand why he doesn't play Origin.

I have no idea which individuals dominate the ruck. I know which teams do. Melbourne, Sharks, Raiders and Dragons so far to name a few. And def not Parra. Where the f**k have I said anything about Paulo? And when did I say he would play origin?

hindy111

Post Whore

AGREE And about to reach the Prime years for a PROP.
You can punch out as many boring stats as you want. Alvaro and Mannahs dick wrestling techniques and so on.
But the momentum in a game can swing with one good charge. Plenty of games when the dogs couldn't score and looked out of it BIG SAM comes on and bowls over 2 guys or pops and offload. There are better defensive props. But we have them. We need a big powerfull guy who can change the momentum in a 15 mins spell.

The last time we had a forward like that was 2009. Hayne may of took most the wraps but MoiMoi was a dam weapon that season. How many time he would just knock over the defense and get them on the back foot with a powerfull charge. It would set up the whole set of 6. Your Alvaro's and Mannahs are a dime a dozen. Guys like JNR or Sam are harder to find.

hindy111

Post Whore

Yes we know - but you still need different types of forwards. Different runnings styles - and games. That way it makes it different for the defense. When Sam takes a carry people watch cause they know something could happen. Even if only get 25 mins from him a game-That could be enough to win it.

hindy111

Post Whore
f**k pou it is like your picking a side that wont lose you a game but also doesn't go out and win one for you either. It doesn't work. You need some risky options in league to get over the opposition.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kasiano = Fatty Boom Bah
We could actually use him. He is like Junior Paulo without the long minutes. It actually benefits us more because we only have to cover for him in defence for 30 minutes rather than 60. Interchanging Kasiano and Vave (i.e. one of them starting) would mean we don't need an elite middle forward. And with our other toilers we could cover for them in defence.

I reckon Kasiano would be a great signing. Our little quick blokes (French, Moses, Kritchard) would thrive off him.

I also agree with those saying $500k could be too much. $400k sounds right.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
f**k pou it is like your picking a side that wont lose you a game but also doesn't go out and win one for you either. It doesn't work. You need some risky options in league to get over the opposition.
I agree we do. My point is that the elite forwards aren't risky. They provide a benefit without adding a vulnerability.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I have no idea which individuals dominate the ruck. I know which teams do. Melbourne, Sharks, Raiders and Dragons so far to name a few. And def not Parra. Where the f**k have I said anything about Paulo? And when did I say he would play origin?
You criticised my use of tackles per minute stats to show why Junior Paulo is inferior to the elite middle forwards. I am showing why your criticism is wrong.

Latest posts