Rumours and Stuff XXXI

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Gronk, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Happy MEel

Happy MEel Juniors

2. I'm a loser baby...

I'm a loser baby... First Grade

3. Delboy

Delboy Bench

One of the most amusing statements that gets used each year is " uncle Nick always gets his man". How that never sets off an alarm at the NRL that the cap,is being manipulated big time is a strange phenomen.

Not surprising given there seems to be a connection around the CEO and the Dogs, Broncos and Roosters ( see John Grant also)

The numbskulls in the media refuse to see through their own statement, the powers that be then I believe ruled that Meriton couldn't support the Tigers with TPAs,given their previous sponsorship. City Ford group ring a bell ????

4. Barry O'Speedwagon

Barry O'Speedwagon Coach

O'Sullivan has certainly been called a naughty boy.

5. Glenneel

Glenneel Juniors

Based on those stats 80 minutes would be good.

6. eloquentEEL

eloquentEEL First Grade

Unless it's Hayne to the Titans with dodgy TPAs thrown in. Then they can turn it around within hours.

7. Chipmunk

Chipmunk First Grade

Hey Pou Bear, I'm curious to pick your wisdom a bit.

Going back to your tackle per minute half the amount of players data stat list. If the Raiders replaced a pretty good tackle per minute defensive middle player in Vaughan with a much poorer tackle per minute player in Junior Paulo, yet had a much better win percentage and won more games than they did before, then what does this say about the tackle per minute stats in general?

I'm not being smart, I'm asking a legitimate question... Sticky had no issue with swapping Junior for Vaughan and they became a better team with a much poorer middle field defender. Is Junior that much better attacker than Vaughan? I don't see it.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  8. strider

strider Immortal

They sent up an official with two stamps and asked them to take their pick ... either
    A) approved
    B) your manager is banned for life

9. eloquentEEL

eloquentEEL First Grade

“Any club which believes it is likely to exceed the 2018 salary cap based on current agreements should notify the salary cap auditor immediately".

This is what I can't cop. Why don't the NRL *know* what they've registered for each club for any given year?

10. strider

strider Immortal

THey havent figured out how to use the SUM() function in excel yet

Happy MEel likes this.
  11. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Immortal

Vaughan wasn't as hard working as Boyd though, and they kept him.
    I think Junior Paulo is a much better attacking player than Vaughan, and like we all keep telling each other - you need balance. The Raiders are able to cover for Junior Paulo so he's a good fit. But again tonight he was the only Raiders forward who even came close to making as many runs as tackles. He made fewer tackles than both Sezer and Croker.

12. 84 Baby

84 Baby First Grade

I think that's what I said but this isn't a cooling off period, it's a registration turnaround period which just happens to match cooling off period. Which brings us to back to Hayne waiving his cooling off period so the NRL waived their registration turnaround period. The whole rival club thing doesn't matter as it is the registration turnaround period waiving that is being questioned and the NRLs own rules appear silent here.

Umm.... period?

13. Barry O'Speedwagon

Barry O'Speedwagon Coach

Because the clubs may not yet have forwarded all agreements to the NRL. They are clearly talking about the impact of contracts that have not yet been forwarded to the NRL (or at least have not yet been registered), as they include the warning that when the contracts are presented they may not be registered.

"Any club that contracts in excess of this number does so with knowledge of the proposed 2018 salary cap as it currently stands and risks contracts not being registered" (from the article cited).

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  14. Twizzle

Twizzle The Alpha Male Staff Member

I guess some of the clubs are saying, yeh we know but we are gonna cut some players before next year

15. strider

strider Immortal

At the very least it shows the NRL were highly involved in the Hayne signing ... it supposedly happened in a rush and at night ... yet the nrl was fully aware and ok with it all for a 10am announcement the next day .... perhaps the titans talked to the nrl earlier???

Its just very odd given that all other high profile situations play out in the media for days/weeks/months before anything is considered official ..... i think its very safe to say the nrl were very much onboard with hayne landing on the gold coast

16. strider

strider Immortal

Havent the nrl mandated in the past that cap situations be sorted before allowing signings to proceed?

Burgess return to souths needed walker moved .... roberts going to brisbane required copley moved and then roosters getting copley required jennings moved

17. Twizzle

Twizzle The Alpha Male Staff Member

That would make sense and also maybe why nothing has been officially announced but we are talking bout the NRL here

18. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

this explains it better

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...s/news-story/01b8e5135701443add36c463c5879219

19. Happy MEel

Happy MEel Juniors

Lol. They use this one a lot.

~
    ~

20. Glenneel

Glenneel Juniors

Well another Broncos game, on Friday no less, another refereeing blunder/s favouring them again. Pencil in Broncos getting to gf this year thanks to refs.
    Gee they must have been filthy when Cows got up and beat them, didn't go to script.