What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do you think that the days of a hooker on the bench is over ? Utility seems to be on trend.
It depends on whether you have an 80 minute hooker or not. But having a smaller bench (e.g. one with an extra dummy half) is fairly normal. Anthony Cherrington recently said that players tend to be smaller and quicker now than when he made his NRL debut nine years ago:
"It's changed heaps. Obviously back then guys were a lot bigger and taller, but a lot slower. These days the pace is a bit faster," Cherrington said of his comeback match.

chiefy1

Juniors
All I want for Christmas is for the Tigers to sign Tui Lolohea.
I'm also going to suggest that I don't think TMM will not play first grade for the Panthers again.

Either one of those two go to the Tigers, and we get Moses this season.
My money has either Peats (longer odds) or Lichaa playing 9 for us next season, but I don't actually know. Neither have signed and this is not me dropping hints. I don't know anything regarding our targets for number 9.

So I'm gathering Lichaa is signed sealed and delivered !

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
All I want for Christmas is for the Tigers to sign Tui Lolohea.
I'm also going to suggest that I don't think TMM will not play first grade for the Panthers again.

Either one of those two go to the Tigers, and we get Moses this season.
My money has either Peats (longer odds) or Lichaa playing 9 for us next season, but I don't actually know. Neither have signed and this is not me dropping hints. I don't know anything regarding our targets for number 9.
might be a bit late if it happens for christmas

IFR33K

Coach
Well if BA is looking at these two and Peats then he is not sold on Kaysa short term and has given up on King and Nelson being anything other than last resort backups.

Kaysa is our only fit hooker on our books. Even if we had cam smith at our club, BA would be exploring other options. You can't have only one fit hooker. It has nothing to do with BA being sold on kaysa or kaysa not good enough.

chiefy1

Juniors
might be a bit late if it happens for christmas

Christmas is the clue dummy. Why else would miatch be talking about Christmas in April?
Christmas Santa.

Brendan Santi has signed......or maybe it's 'the chosen one' !

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
Kaysa is our only fit hooker on our books. Even if we had cam smith at our club, BA would be exploring other options. You can't have only one fit hooker. It has nothing to do with BA being sold on kaysa or kaysa not good enough.

We did name King in the 21...that makes two

Bazal

Post Whore
Well obviously it's him Ba don't rate

I'd say the issue is that BA rates neither as a starting hooker if he's looking at plodders like Rein and Lichaa.

And fair enough on the former. Neither is anywhere near an 80 minute starting hooker and never will be

hindy111

Post Whore
Kaysa had his best game ever last week. Made over 50 tackles. He just needs to be more consistent. His injury record is the only reason why we are looking at another hooker.

Agree, and as i have said before Kaysa is in his first season in first grade starting as a hooker.
If he played like he did on the weekend the next 3 or 4 games BA may vhange his opinion on the position.

hindy111

Post Whore
Not many hookers available. Its easy to say this one is shit but if know ones available what options do you have?
Pay overs or turn a half into a hooker.

Tonise could be an option. Good defender fro, what seen but not offers a lot in attack. Does slot in backrow nicely to.

hindy111

Post Whore
Lolohea will move to tigers. It be a good move. He isnt a superstar but solid.
He can play halves this season and move to fullback next.
The big 3 would be replaces by 3 decent players.And a lot of change. 2 or 3 more forwards and a few backs and there season may be ok.

Tmm to warriors. He is the opposite of the type of half they need to partner Johnson.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lolohea will move to tigers. It be a good move. He isnt a superstar but solid.
I disagree. He is a superstar ball runner, but with glaring weaknesses (and therefore not solid). He is also a fullback, and the Warriors have RTS, who is a superstar without weaknesses.

Latest posts