What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kaysa is kicking more, running more and setting up a few tries with neat passes. His defense needs a little more work. But i think its improving.

Needs to add 3 or 4 kgs.
I'm not sure he needs to gain any weight. He just needs to get a rest mid-game.

His attack has been pretty good since the Tigers game. But if he could play shorter minutes (with a rest in between) he would attempt (and miss) fewer tackles, plus he could make more runs.

Can he really gain much weight anyway? He already looks fairly muscular but he just has a small frame. Which reminds me, I'm surprised ZDC didn't kick on.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Struggling Parramatta have offered controversial hard man Willis Meehan a contract and hope to have him on board before the June 30 transfer deadline – but have hit a roadblock in the NRL Integrity Unit.

Meehan – a tremendous talent who played first grade for the Roosters three years ago at the age of 18, has skeletons in his closet and the NRL is worried about giving him another chance in the big league.

image: http://imageresizer.static9.net.au/...dia/2017/05/23/07/09/Meehan_230517_g_1000.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F05%2F23%2F07%2F09%2FMeehan_230517_g_1000.jpg

Former Sydney Roosters forward Willis Meehan in action in the Holden Cup in 2013. (Getty)

A junior Australian super-heavyweight boxing champion, Meehan was charged with assault a couple of years ago.

But those close to him insist the 21-year-old is a changed man.

“He has a real job and has been doing work out in the community,” a source tells me.

“All he wants is a second chance and plenty of other blokes in the game have been given that after making mistakes.”

Kiwi born Meehan has been likened in build and skills to the great Sonny Bill Williams and would be a great addition to the Eels pack.

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/05/23/06/48/ben-barbas-nrl-career-all-but-over#rVye11LQcwWgbeFf.99

miatch

Juniors
Can you please let me outside now? Or even just give me some food and water? How about maybe unchaining me from the computer for a couple of minutes?
in hindsight it was foolish thinking we could keep you captive after giving you internet access.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
So what is the make up of the team with this mid season dummy half to the rescue? Surely they need to be better than Kays or not at all. To drop a bench forward to make way for a second dummy half will only further weaken the battle of the ruck (offensively) and I don't expect those few names will improve the defensive line anymore than, for example Alvaro

IMO Kays is the best option. I see that he drops off the odd tackle and has at times looks gased but of the 4-5 names bandied about, KP is the best of them I feel. If we just need another hooker in the squad then so be it, but that is only the solution to a different problem (depth)

miatch

Juniors
So what is the make up of the team with this mid season dummy half to the rescue? Surely they need to be better than Kays or not at all. To drop a bench forward to make way for a second dummy half will only further weaken the battle of the ruck (offensively) and I don't expect those few names will improve the defensive line anymore than, for example Alvaro

IMO Kays is the best option. I see that he drops off the odd tackle and has at times looks gased but of the 4-5 names bandied about, KP is the best of them I feel. If we just need another hooker in the squad then so be it, but that is only the solution to a different problem (depth)

I might be wrong, but I'm finding myself more sure as the season goes on that we'd actually be better off with a second hooker on the bench. We really aren't using up a tonne of minutes from our forwards, and I don't think fatigue is affecting them nearly as much as it is Kaysa. I think Kaysa would be the perfect 14 hooker, not unlike PJ Marsh once was for us. We need a no nonsense hooker to start the game, wear the opening collisions, in order to best compliment his strengths.

Although superstar hookers like Cameron Smith or Josh Hodgson would be nice, when considering how best to balance a salary cap, they're more than we really need. I think we need a no nonsense hooker and better forwards.

I'm pretty sure Peni has been re-signed already, but I think we're still a NAS or a Kasiano short (not necessarily suggesting either of them per se, just that sort of prop).

Latest posts