What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
well this is a relief

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/9f9c1daed0a0c326204366f2f79ac216

Paul White confident Broncos will re-sign off-contract stars
RIKKI-LEE ARNOLD, The Courier-Mail
June 26, 2017 5:58pm

BRONCOS CEO Paul White says the club is confident they are about to re-sign several of their star players, including strike centre James Roberts.

As was revealed by The Courier-Mail , Tautau Moga is set to leave Red Hill next season to join the Knights, with young forward Herman Ese’ese on the verge of following him out the door.

55cc5fb7c7d9a5f9fe91507a65034175

But White is optimistic that the Broncos will be able to retain other big-name players in the coming weeks, with Roberts, Alex Glenn, Jordan Kahu, Benji Marshall and skipper Darius Boyd still among those off-contract.

White said that Boyd’s future should be secured within the next month, while other contracts were close to being finalised.

“We’re close to a number of announcements,” White said.

“There’s no doubt there’s interest in all the players we have coming off contract. We’re working hard to retain our players. It’s a challenge but it’s a good challenge to have.”

One of the players the Broncos are working hard to keep is Roberts.

The Brisbane speedster is being considered for a two to three-year deal, after his management revealed earlier this year that they won’t be looking outside of the Broncos, who have stuck by him through some off-field troubles.

For the Broncos, they wanted to be sure he maintained his good off-field behaviour this season before re-signing, but White said they were becoming increasingly satisfied with Roberts’ demeanour, particularly in his community work.
Shit with Moga & the SS Herman leaving that'll free up $4-5m to chase at least a half dozen rep players and baker's dozen homesick stars

Glenneel

Bench
geez DCE likes to talk himself up a bit
This hurts me to say but how good was Moanly against Sharks, their forwards were strong and gave their backs plenty of room to work their magic. Their offloads killed Sharks and might I add, a lot of those good players were rejects or reserve grade players from other clubs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
King is uncontracted for 2018. Or his extension hasn't been announced.

I think the fact we've (allegedly) knocked back Lichaa for the remainder of 2017 means we are chasing or have already signed a different hooker for 2018.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
This hurts me to say but how good was Moanly against Sharks, their forwards were strong and gave their backs plenty of room to work their magic. Their offloads killed Sharks and might I add, a lot of those good players were rejects or reserve grade players from other clubs.

And yet we beat Manly earlier this year, while they only have one more win then us.

Additionally their first choice 9,7,6 have pretty much played every game this year.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Apparently Lichaa asked for more money at the last minute. BA told him what he thought of that idea.
Internet forum talk, but that pretty much tees up with what they say about him over at the Kennel where I had a lurk this morning. Money driven. They also don't use the merkin filter over there. Heathens.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Oh, you mean those signings I was excited about as an Eels fan?
Sometimes signings don't come off, no matter how certain they might seem. It happens.

If you don't want to hear what I have to say, feel free to ignore my posts mate.
lol don't get too upset mate, just having a dig.

When you open your mouth and go off early expect to cop a ribbing.

Incorrect

Coach
Internet forum talk, but that pretty much tees up with what they say about him over at the Kennel where I had a lurk this morning. Money driven. They also don't use the merkin filter over there. Heathens.
On the one hand, I guess you can't blame him or his manager.... they hit the jackpot once when Des agreed to pay an untested rookie big $$'s to move to Belmore, might as well see if lightening strikes twice....

But on the other hand, it's a bit rich for a bloke who has been told he will not be offered a new deal where he is and, we assume, only has one potential suitor at the moment, to ask that club to up their offer further on what we assume is a fair and reasonable offer, particularly in light of the fact he has spent 3 years doing 2/5th's of f**k all at his current club....

Latest posts