What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Please don't try to compare him to Mannah to paint your picture. How about a post-contact metres conceded stat? That is what most people, consciously or not are noticing about Mannah's game compared to previous years. Hell, I think it was Justin O'Neil who run straight over him in our last match.

Mannah is struggling and big time, for whatever reason. He has the heart of a lion but whether its injury, fatigue, ageing or whatever else, I have never seen a player look so out of touch in grade.
It's easy to get wrong footed by an outside back when you're pushing hard toward the ball. This is why teams get their big backs with footwork to take runs up the middle. Radradra has skittled some big forwards in his time as well. When you've got speed and footwork you put defenders off balance.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Timmy's recent spate of HIA's suggest to me a problem beyond the usual detractors, he's always had good technique defensively, and that says he's getting his head in now where it wasn't before, perhaps the mind is willing but the body is getting weak.

Either way, it's a major concern if it's indicative of a loss of technique. / application

There's obviously been a couple legit ones, where he opened up cuts and so on, but only one HIA has been a failure. I reckon most of them have been rorts of the HIA rule.
I'm not so sure. I think the first few were about the right time for a rort but more recently the timing has been off. I think there's a good chance there's a problem.

Latest posts