What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
I actually just remembered that I think there is a poster called Twatface McGee....hopefully that doesn't work the same way as quoting directly and can send a notification lol

We're all accountable for our actions. You'll get what you deserve

Glenneel

Bench
Yeah I don't get the Auva'a criticism. He's been very good with a few poor moments.
Unfortunately those poor decisions happen every match, like constantly coming in off the wing to help out Mennings who usually has his opponent covered. Needs to stay on his winger and allow the cover to clean up those that Mennings can't. Broncos will exploit him next week. Also Parra will have to stop those late offloads from the Broncos as well otherwise will be chasing all match. They need to come out strongly in defence and cut down their thinking time forcing errors.

Glenneel

Bench
I actually had a nutritionist recommend I increase the salt in my diet. Admittedly that nutritionist was Gary, and he also recommended I eat more krill and plankton.
Better watch that Gary Pou, trying to turn you into a whale!

Just on salt, everyone needs it but not too much. If your salt level becomes too low you suffer symptoms similar to dementia. If your parents have a sudden onset of dementia it is probably low sodium levels. Your brain cells communicate by using sodium to carry electrical signals.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Get a new joke
it's not a joke you numbnut or have you never read any article about how everyone that signs for Brisbane either takes a pay cut or knocks back a larger offer from another club?

it makes me wonder why the RLPA are fighting so hard for an increase in the cap when shit like that happens on a regular basis

Gronk

Staff member
Foxtel, Fox Sports Australia To Combine Into New Premium Sports and Entertainment Company

17 August 2017 – Telstra and News Corp today announced their intention to combine Foxtel and Fox Sports Australia into a new company, one that is well positioned to deliver premium sports as well as homegrown, original and international entertainment in a rapidly evolving and competitive marketplace.

The move to combine the companies will align ownership and management for success at a time when more Australians are consuming premium content across more technologies and platforms than ever before.

Subject to the conclusion of definitive agreements, regulatory review and satisfaction of certain other conditions, the following key changes will be implemented as part of the new arrangement:

News Corp will have 65 per cent shareholding in the new company and Telstra will have 35 per cent
News Corp will appoint the Chairman, majority of the new company’s board and senior executives and Telstra will appoint the remaining directors
The new company will be positioned to meet the needs of Australian viewers and create greater choice than ever before by:

Investing in Australian written, produced and directed programming
Delivering a wider range of new and innovative products and packages across devices and platforms
Continuing to invest in premium content and technology to meet growing consumer demand
Expanding distribution channels for the sale of Foxtel and Fox Sports products, and developing greater operating efficiencies across the combined businesses, including distribution
The proposed arrangements will better position the new company for an initial public offering in the future, with News Corp having a majority stake.

If the transaction between Telstra and News Corp is concluded on the proposed terms, News Corp expects to consolidate the new company into its financial statements.

Telstra CEO Andy Penn said the transaction would provide the new company with a strong platform to flexibly respond to significant changes in the media, communications and content markets.

“Our strategically significant investment in the new company will be an important part of Telstra’s media strategy,” Mr Penn said.

“Under this arrangement Telstra will continue to support the company with our broadcast reseller arrangements which is a major strategic component for us.

“More people are watching more media on more devices for more hours every day of the week, so the demand for media and for content is only going to grow. With a strong premium content proposition and scale subscriber base, the new company will be well positioned to deliver a compelling customer experience.”

News Corp Chief Executive Robert Thomson said, “The proposed restructuring of Foxtel and Fox Sports will unlock value for News Corp shareholders and provide a clearer vision into the depth and strength of our Australian assets. The new structure will simplify management control and ensure that the company is best placed to leverage the skills of its talented Australian employees and programme makers.”

“There is no doubt that the world of content is becoming more complicated and competitive, and it is important that Australia has a strong local platform for its great sports and for homegrown creativity, as well as a showcase for international programmes,” Mr Thomson said.

At this stage certain key commercial terms of the proposed transaction have been agreed on a non-binding basis. Telstra and News Corp have signed a binding process agreement under which they will prepare long form agreements to give legal effect to the commercial principles.

Telstra and News Corp will work to finalise the transaction, including obtaining regulatory approval, to be completed in the first half of 2018.

https://newscorp.com/2017/08/17/fox...new-premium-sports-and-entertainment-company/

Noise

Coach
If Fox Sports are seperate from Foxtel why wouldn't they just launch their own service for sport only? The majority of people have Fox for the sport. They could make it cheaper for people that don't want all the other shit channels resulting in increased subscriptions.

Gronk

Staff member
I think the Telstra News Ltd JV is in preparation for a change in free to air anti-siphoning laws, the emergence of on demand and steaming services and the new ALF and NRL broadcast deals.

There is also a push to soften the media laws to allow one company to own a larger share of the media reach. This will allow Murdoch to take 100% ownership of ch10.

hindy111

Post Whore
Were Penrith talked up as premiership contenders those years as well?

No...But in 2004 they where and went out in semi.

Canberra and warriors also where this year. People like the idea of a new team winning it and why they write off Melbourne most years as dropping off.

Was Cleary ,Tmm and wallace that great a spine?

Dibs

Bench
No...But in 2004 they where and went out in semi.

Canberra and warriors also where this year. People like the idea of a new team winning it and why they write off Melbourne most years as dropping off.

Was Cleary ,Tmm and wallace that great a spine?
Why did you say they were then?

Chipmunk

Coach
If Fox Sports are seperate from Foxtel why wouldn't they just launch their own service for sport only? The majority of people have Fox for the sport. They could make it cheaper for people that don't want all the other shit channels resulting in increased subscriptions.

I believe that Fox Sports is currently 100% owned by News Limited, where Foxtel is 50/50 between News and Telstra. So to remove Fox Sports from Foxtel wouldnt really benefit News Limited and it's 50% share in Foxtel .

Latest posts